navwin » Discussion » Feelings » What do you do when........
Feelings
Post A Reply Post New Topic What do you do when........ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Sunlit Soul
since 2001-02-05
Posts 37
Never Land

0 posted 2001-02-20 10:52 PM

What do you do when you're so overloaded with things in your life that you have no time for yourself? Do you continue to perform all your duties and obligations, or do you forget about it for a while? I'm in this situation currently and I just plain don't know how to find the time for doing what I like to do anymore...any help would be appreciated here.

"Every man dies. Not every man lives."
-Tim Robbins

© Copyright 2001 Sunlit Soul - All Rights Reserved
Irie
since 1999-12-01
Posts 1493
Washington State
1 posted 2001-02-21 12:26 PM

Wow...that's a good question.
I guess a lot would depend on what else is taking up your time.

I guess what I would do is prioritize....
what can I let go for a day or two and what can't I.
Is there anything that I can delegate to someone else, to help take pressure off of me.
Force myself to take at least 15-30 minutes a day to my self......
doing what ever I felt like.
Walking, reading, crosswords, a long hot bath etc.
Organize....I have found that the more organized I am, the smoother my life seems to run.
With out knowing what all the details are in your life....it's hard to answer specifically...
Hope these few ideas that work for me can work for you.

~Sheri

"The things that come to those that wait may be the things
left by those who got there first"

Dopey Dope
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Patricius
since 2000-08-30
Posts 11132
San Juan, Puerto Rico
2 posted 2001-02-21 05:41 PM

Well see........if I'm so busy that I have no time whatsoever for myself......that means it's VERY important......but otherwise I'm lazy......I push everything to the side and I always have time for myself.
I think that's very imp. for mental stability.
If you have NO TIME.....maybe you oughta scheduel yourself......

I was born myself, raised myself, and will continue to be myself. The world will just have to adjust.

I'm in love with my shadow
I admire it daily

serenity blaze
Member Empyrean
since 2000-02-02
Posts 27738

3 posted 2001-02-21 08:25 PM

You cannot give something that you do not have to give. Take time for yourself. Even Christ himself, took time away from his apostles to pray and meditate and replenish.

Find what feeds your soul? and do it. The next day will look better...IF NOT...then hold out for the next.
So find what you love and do it, love! and HUGS.

Sunlit Soul
since 2001-02-05
Posts 37
Never Land
4 posted 2001-02-21 10:03 PM

Thank you for all the good suggestions everyone. I think my biggest problem is that I don't prioritize...even my health has suffered lately due to the lack of attention I give myself....I've decided that I must change that, whatever it takes. So, I'll keep in mind what everyone said and thank you all again!

"Every man dies. Not every man lives."
-Tim Robbins

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Discussion » Feelings » What do you do when........

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary