navwin » Discussion » Feelings » lost soul
Feelings
Post A Reply Post New Topic lost soul Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Dawn Eclipse
since 2000-01-31
Posts 637
The Horsehead Nebula

0 posted 2001-01-02 08:18 PM

Everyone has their ups and downs in life.  I know that much and I try to think about how many more problems others have than I, but it's kinda hard.  I don't want to complain, but I was hoping for some advice.  

The past few years, I've felt as though my life is falling apart.  Everyone gets the blues, but mine just hasn't gone away.  I've lost a few very close friends because of friction, and it tears me up inside.  Even more so that I can't tell them, and have them believe or care.  I want to find the strength to just say goodbye to everything, but I don't know where to look.  And on top of all of that, I've withdrawn myself from everyone that does care.. so far that I hardly ever see or talk to them.  Any advice for a lost soul?

"Forget regret, or life is yours to miss. No other course, no other way... No day but today"
~Broadway Musical RENT~

*Cassandra Roseen*

© Copyright 2001 Cassandra Roseen - All Rights Reserved
Alwye
Member Elite
since 1999-06-16
Posts 3850
In the space between moments
1 posted 2001-01-02 10:06 PM

I have one sentence for you cassers.  Come back to us.  I know that you fear rejection dearie, I know that you're sad and that you can't figure out what to do...and I know that I can't give you the answers you seek.  All I know is that I miss you, more so than I've ever told you.  I never really thought it would matter, never thought anything I could say could bring you back.  But I do care.  You don't need to fear me ever not wanting to be your friend.  I have my bad days, I get angry at things, as do you, but even when that kind of thing happens, I still care about you.  It's like when you have a fight with your parents...they may yell and scream and tell you things you don't want to hear, but in the end, you still love them, right?  All relationships are like that.  So, the best advice I can give is to jump back into life and take things as they come.  Some things hurt, but in my opinion, the good things make up for it.  I luv ya very much my friend.  

*Krista Knutson*

I'm a slow dying flower
In a frost-killing hour
The sweet turning sour and untouchable...
-Natalie Merchant

Dopey Dope
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Patricius
since 2000-08-30
Posts 11132
San Juan, Puerto Rico
2 posted 2001-01-02 11:42 PM

Advice for a lost soul.......no idea....i hope things better though.

I was born myself, raised myself, and will continue to be myself. The world will just have to adjust.

I'm in love with my shadow
I admire it daily

Ladycat
Deputy Moderator 5 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
since 1999-07-05
Posts 782
At the edge and a doorway,TX
3 posted 2001-01-03 05:10 AM

One person in the world that feels the same way that I do.  One person who can understand it all.  The advice that I can give you is to write about it.  Talk about it.  Find someone that will listen to you rant and rave and kick and scream.  Someone who will understand what you are going through and let you cry on their shoulder.  You aren't the only one.  Promise that.  I'm there too.  I just don't know who is the shoulder that I'm suppose to cry on.  I hope that you find happiness soon.
I just lost my husbnad (sort of), am learning to be a single mother, getting back to college, won't have my son for that first year back in college since my husband is keeping him during that time, lost my friends this holiday season since we are going on separate paths and we can't deal with each other the way that we use to.  Once again, you are not alone.  You can write me anytime you feel like and I will help you out as much as possible.  

I'm sorry to hear about what happened to you though.  I wish that I had the wand of change and I would make everything perfect for everyone, but since I don't, I guess we are just all going to have to learn how to deal for the New Year will bring much love and new friendship.  I can feel it.

Love Always,
Vette

Live in my world just once and you'll find yourself enraptured.

White Wolf
since 1999-09-18
Posts 371
Somewhere in the vast wasteland
4 posted 2001-01-03 05:35 AM

People would always tell me to get over it or to start with them because they care.  I have been where you are most of my twenty-four years of my life.  I can count the number of people I have let get close enough to me to actually know most of who I am on one hand.  Sad, isn't it.  I was emotionally hurt very badly when I was young by both of my parents.  On never had time for me and the other appeared to not even care about me.  Three years ago I had only three people I even considered friends.  I lost two of them for reasons I am currently still finding out.  The other one, well I had dated her and ever since I lost her I have been getting over her.  So not too long ago as was at the point of being lost and lonely.  I was constantly wondering how I could even get any of it back.  Well I wanted it to all happen at once but knew that it was too big for me to handle.  So I gave up and went into a deep depression.  Then something happened.  I actually started to mend my relationship with my father.  Shortly after that relationship had stablized, I started to mend things between me and my mother.  And now I am currently working on one of my friends.  In short, I guess what I am trying to say is that any big problem can be broken down into smaller pieces and worked on one at a time.  So I would suggenst you pick a place to start, preferably an easy one to mend and start there.  As you go along you will discover that the mending process gets easier and you begin to feel more alive and less depressed.  I know that your situation is different than mine but maybe you could take the example and fit it to your situation.  It is just a suggestion that is working for me.

The White Wolf

PS  Feel free to throw me an email if you have any questions or would like to talk so more about this.

Dawn Eclipse
since 2000-01-31
Posts 637
The Horsehead Nebula
5 posted 2001-01-03 08:16 PM

Thank you all for your kind words.

Krista~ I hope you read this.. Thank you for saying what you did.  For the longest time I've wanted to come back, but couldn't find the strength.  Part of what I lost I was afraid I'd never gain back.  There's more I'd like to tell you, and I'll find time eventually.. I want you to hear it.

DD~  thank you for your wishes.  I appreciate it.  

Ladycat~ I've thought about what you said... it makes a lot of sense, but the thing is.. i'm like you.. I just don't know who to turn to.  I'm not as close as I used to be to very many of my friends.. and the ones I am, have lives.  I just don't want to get in the way.  Thanks again for your kind words.  

Whitewolf~  I think you hit home for me more than anybody has.  Come to think of it, I believe we've talked before via. PIP and email.  I hate to see everyone going through this.  Thanks for your kind words.

Shanks guys.  

"Forget regret, or life is yours to miss. No other course, no other way... No day but today"
~Broadway Musical RENT~

*Cassandra Roseen*

Alwye
Member Elite
since 1999-06-16
Posts 3850
In the space between moments
6 posted 2001-01-03 09:09 PM

Feel free to talk to me whenever you feel comfortable, Cassers.  I'm here to listen and try and do what I'm capable of to help you out.  I await your contact on this, dearie.  

*Krista Knutson*

I'm a slow dying flower
In a frost-killing hour
The sweet turning sour and untouchable...
-Natalie Merchant

JOY 14
since 1999-09-22
Posts 1419
Wisconsin USA
7 posted 2001-01-03 11:09 PM

Are you cliniclly depressed? Maybe some pills. Sorry. Maybe I'm in the wrong place to suggest that. I mean, I agree with what everyone else said too. Sometimes you just need someone who has the same feelings or just someone to talk to. I was just wondering, because maybe that would help too. Hope things look up for you, DE!
Dusk Treader
since 1999-06-18
Posts 1187
St. Paul, MN
8 posted 2001-01-04 11:17 AM

I have to agree with Krista's advice. If you want to come back, do so. I know, I've kept myself apart from everything and everyone and it's hard for me to get back in the flow, but nobody is going to do it for you. I'll be here for you whenever it's possible. I know there are times I haven't been the greatest of friends or acted as I should have, and I'm sorry. I just saw you this morning and you looked so much happier than I last remember and it's definetly good to see that!   Looks like your talk with Krista went well. I'd like to see you back, if it helps to talk with me or someone else, do so, I'd personally be glad to offer any assistance I can.. But remember in the long run you're the only person who can change your life... I've learnt this myself, forgot it and had to relearn it.. It's a hard lesson, but sometimes life is that way. Just remember, there is no endless night, there is always a hope of morning.  

Abrahm Simons

"I'm not sick, but I'm not well, and I'm so hot, cause I'm in Hell." - Harvey Danger

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Discussion » Feelings » lost soul

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary