navwin » Discussion » Feelings » And Now a Question About Something Completely Different
Feelings
Post A Reply Post New Topic And Now a Question About Something Completely Different Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Masked Intruder
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 Tours
since 1999-05-23
Posts 1231
Near golden sunsets

0 posted 2000-12-12 03:43 PM

I's got a question for y'all. How do y'all feel about changing an act to a play?  Could be any play mind you; but if you could take out something you really didn't like about a play, and put in something else that you did like, wouldya do it?

For instance, I didn't like how Tennessee Williams' play, Cat On A Hot Tin Roof, bashed on homosexuals so much.  The "relationship" between Skipper and Brick, although not homosexual, was discussed as if it was.  And the feelings put towards it were all negative.  So I went ahead and took that part out and added a different little rendition.  

Now, granted, I don't want to infringe on the rights of Mr. Williams, but it was an assignment, so I didn't have a choice. I do, however, still say All Rights Reserved to Tennessee Williams because I am using his characters and attempting to use his style.

Tell me what you think. Would you do this if given the chance?  And if not, why?

Feel free to comment on my rendition as well.
For those of you who have read "Cat on a Hot Tin Roof," do you think I stuck with the style of Williams?  

Here's the link to my take on it all:
/pip/Forum15/HTML/000979.html

"Satan is my motor." - Cake

© Copyright 2000 Philip Zemler - All Rights Reserved
Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Discussion » Feelings » And Now a Question About Something Completely Different

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary