navwin » Discussion » Feelings » What would ya do?
Feelings
Post A Reply Post New Topic What would ya do? Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Salooma
since 2000-01-28
Posts 781

0 posted 2000-09-25 07:01 PM

Hey everyone.....just wondering, what would u do if u got in a stupid fight with a pretty good friend, but none of it was either of your faults? I mean it might have started out as a joke, but it got serious, and now you aren't really talking anymore. Any suggestions????
Thanks
Salma

PS This is my real life situation, I just have this thing with directly stating it that way   If there's any confusion, I might be able to clarify. Maybe....

© Copyright 2000 Salooma - All Rights Reserved
Nan
Administrator
Member Seraphic
since 1999-05-20
Posts 21191
Cape Cod Massachusetts USA
1 posted 2000-09-25 07:08 PM

If you want it resolved, take the first step. Someone has to... Before you know it, neither of you will remember what it was all about..
Salooma
since 2000-01-28
Posts 781

2 posted 2000-09-25 07:18 PM

Thanks Nan....but I don't know. I've always been the one taking the first step. It's as if the other party (no genderizing) doesn't even mind. They are so stubborn, can't say they're sorry when they should be. I just don't know. I was thinking let myself cool for a few days then see, but it's been 4 already.

Salma

Kit McCallum
Administrator
Member Laureate
since 2000-04-30
Posts 14774
Ontario, Canada
3 posted 2000-09-25 07:19 PM

I'm with Nan.  You've got the wonderful gift of poetry Salooma, perhaps you could put some of your feelings to words.  You could reminisce about what a wonderful friendship you have had, things you've done together, laughed about, enjoyed, times you leaned on each other in good and bad times ... things you appreciate about that person and the bond you've shared ... then present it to your friend as the first gesture. It might be a nice place to begin ...
Temptress
Member Rara Avis
since 1999-06-15
Posts 7136
Mobile, AL
4 posted 2000-09-25 07:53 PM

Well, I would opt for letting things go. Don't worry about placing blame and who apologizes first.  Is it really worth a friendship to dwell on it? As for making peace there are subtle (pride saving if it is JUST absolutely necessary to have) peace offerings that you could both do. Have you been talking to one another? If not, then pick up the phone. Don't worry about an apology. Pick up the phone and plan to spend some time together. Its like you said. Soon you won't either remember what it was about.  I get into the same kind of issues with my sis in law sometimes. We avoided each other for about a week then finally she came over to ask me about helping her with a pageant.  Nothing was ever said about it, and we're getting along fine.  

My name isn't Baby, and I don't want to cyber.

Jenn Cirrincione
Deputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Elite
since 2000-07-02
Posts 2107
Fl
5 posted 2000-09-26 03:33 PM

Hmmm... this has happened to me... recently actually. She started treating me the way you've described... When I brought it to her attention, she swore she wasn't mad, and I was imagining the wierd behavior (I was NOT imagining it!) But things have never been quite the same with us. It's made me realize she's not the type of person I want to be best buds with.. you know. You'll learn a lot from this arguement.
Jenn

"He's mastered the art, of looking sincere, his eyes have a way, of making you stay, don't look in the mirror"- Chely Wright

Erin
Member Elite
since 2000-06-15
Posts 2527
~Chicago~
6 posted 2000-09-27 01:11 AM

Salma~~~Are you rewriting my life story???This happened to me a couple months ago. Me and my bf stopped talking over stupid things. And after a month of not talking something bad happened to one of our friends. And she called to tell me. Eventually we became best friends again but she is starting to repeat the same thing. So girl I wish I could help but it looks as if I need some myself.

Go for what Nan said. I think thats the best yet!

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Discussion » Feelings » What would ya do?

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary