navwin » Discussion » Feelings » Cheer me up, please!! :(
Feelings
Post A Reply Post New Topic Cheer me up, please!! :( Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
ESP
Member Elite
since 2000-01-25
Posts 2556
Floating gently on a cloud....

0 posted 2000-09-24 12:26 PM

Hey y'all!

I have been away from these forums for a while for one good reason: Boarding School. Right now I am in the Labs at my school looking for somewhere to vent some emotion so maybe this is the place!! I am feeling so down right now cos I miss my parents, my dogs and my friends who don't come here and basically I feel lonely. I have only been here for three weeks so I am still very new to it and haven't settled in too well. I have been boarding since I was about 11 turning 12 years old, but I still get really sad and miss home sometimes. Does that make me like abnormal or something? You'd think I would be used to it by now but it hasn't happened yet. *sigh*. Well, thanks for listening to my pathetic little sob story...even telling y'all about it helps a bit! Love you all!

Love,
Lizzie

"Poetry is the true expression of my soul, it is my ultimate means of communication. It is my rainbow of delight."

© Copyright 2000 ESP - All Rights Reserved
Poet deVine
Administrator
Member Seraphic
since 1999-05-26
Posts 22612
Hurricane Alley
1 posted 2000-09-24 02:24 PM

You are far from abnormal! And even though you've been doing it for years, you still have that 'connection' in your heart to your home and your family. That's wonderful. I'd think you were abnormal if you didn't feel that way!

Smile!  

Take each day as it comes to you. Don't worry about tomorrow - and time will pass. Start a diary if you think it will make you feel better - whine all you want in there and then toss it after you go home.

Make friends with someone new. Maybe it's their first time away from home..give them some pointers.

And as a last resort    write!!!

Take care and keep in touch!      

ESP
Member Elite
since 2000-01-25
Posts 2556
2 posted 2000-09-24 02:50 PM

Thanks Sharon  
Thanks for caring!
I do keep a diary, I find it does help some.
As for making friends, I find it really hard...I wish real life was like Passions! I found it so easy here. I haven't written much poetry recently at all. School keeps me very busy you see. But I have kept on reading it, I can't live without it!!
Anyway, thanks so much for replying. I really really appreciate it! Love ya!

"Poetry is the true expression of my soul, it is my ultimate means of communication. It is my rainbow of delight."

Cerenity
Member Elite
since 2000-02-16
Posts 2637
Escondido-California
3 posted 2000-09-24 03:12 PM

Hi ESP,

I agree with Sharon all of the way, maybe if you have a moment you could write something about school then when you see someone you might want to get to know you could share it with them, then it would be a common ground thing you know.

Picked a poem may be you will like and you are strong never feel like your alone storms come and go but we manage to survive and you have a hole bunch of friends here at passions.

Dew Kissed

The sun’s peeking over the eastern rim
giving clouds hanging mid heaven
a spoiled cotton candy appearance.

All of the land that my eyes can see is
heavily dew kissed giving a sparkle
to the very parched earth.

The air smells of nature freshly bathed
and cleansed of the long dusty season.

Refreshing tepid air flows slowly past
were I am sitting giving pleasant
thoughts of this dew kissed morn.

The winged creatures take a well earned
rest waiting for the sun to dry up heavens
tears for a long and harsh summer
it has been.

Confusing this untimely storm has been
giving heat thriving blossoms question
on weather to stand tall brightly adorned
or go in to hiding from all of the long
winter storms.

First storms of the season are welcomed
friends but as time passes soured
the thought of another day darkened
and gray, hoping the sun will
emerge for just one complete day.

But for the moment I shall marvel at the
sheer beauty of the dew kissed morn
that Mother Nature so graciously
has given me.

By, Cerenity

"God doesn't have to be reminded that we exist.
We have to be reminded that He exist!"

(Writer Unknown)

LoveBug
Deputy Moderator 5 Tours
Member Elite
since 2000-01-08
Posts 4697

4 posted 2000-09-24 08:01 PM

When I'm sad, I just remember John 3:16:

"For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten son, that whosoever believith in Him shall not perish, but have everlasting life"

I hope it helped you, too.

False gems may shine as brightly as the genuine article, but there are always those who can tell the diffrence.

Elizabeth
Deputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Ascendant
since 1999-06-07
Posts 6871
Minnesota
5 posted 2000-09-24 10:42 PM

((((((((((((hugs))))))))))))
and some sunshine

Elizabeth

Something sweet, something sort of grandish, sweeps my soul when thou art near...
hedeservesbetter@hotmail.com

Justbleu
Member Elite
since 1999-08-31
Posts 3329
Oregon, Originally From Alaska :)
6 posted 2000-09-24 11:36 PM

ESP it is nice to see you here.  I agree with everyone who has replied.  I just bet that there are some people around there that would absolutely love to read your poetry and has things in common with you.  Smile, be friendly and outgoing and it's surprising the poeple that respond back to you...it can be just like Passions!!  Give it a try my friend!!  HUGS    And everyone here at Passions will be here for you!!  Take Care!!
Bridgette  

"Somewhere, somehow, it should be possible to touch someone and never let go again. To hold someone, not for a moment but forever." Unknown

Kit McCallum
Administrator
Member Laureate
since 2000-04-30
Posts 14774
Ontario, Canada
7 posted 2000-09-25 07:07 AM

Hi ya Lizzie!    

I like to think that when I'm blue,
And missing home so much,
It's cause "their" thoughts and wishes,
Are so strong ... "they" miss my touch.

That moment when I'm feeling down,
Is only just because,
"Their" thoughts come flying out to me,
To hug me with their love.

So next time when it hits you,
And you start to feeling blue,
Remember its "their" hugs you felt,
Because "they're" missing "you".

So smile, and close your eyes real tight,
And wish some hugs to drift,
Right back to those who miss you too,
'Twas "them" who started it.    

Take care Lizzie ... here's some hugs, now send some back, OK???

Best wishes,
/Kit

[This message has been edited by Kit McCallum (edited 09-25-2000).]

Nan
Administrator
Member Seraphic
since 1999-05-20
Posts 21191
Cape Cod Massachusetts USA
8 posted 2000-09-25 07:18 AM

...And don't ever forget - Passions goes with you EVERYWHERE... You don't even have to pack us up and move us... Just plug us in, et voila!!..
ESP
Member Elite
since 2000-01-25
Posts 2556
9 posted 2000-09-25 08:47 AM

~Cerenity~- What a beautiful poem!! The sentiments have hit home...I just love it!! Thank you for sharing it with me. (((HUGS)))

~Lovebug~-Yes, that is the most comforting thought. You are so right. Thanks for taking the time to reply to my topic, I really appreciate it.

~Elizabeth~-(((((HUGS))))) to you too my friend...thanks for sending hugs to me, I am always in need of a hug!!!

~Justbleu~-Thanks for the advice my friend! So good of you to take the time to think of me!

~Kit~-That is such a sweeet poem...I LOVE IT!! Thank you so much for sharing that with me! ((((((((((((((HUGS))))))))))) to you!! Thank you for caring!

~Nan~-The beauty of Passions is that it can be visited at the click of a mouse! You are absolutely right!!!!

I LOVE YOU ALL!!! Thank you all SO much for replying...you have brought a big smile to my face   ((((((((((HUGS))))))))))) to you all!!!

Love and hugs,
Lizzie

Marge Tindal
Deputy Moderator 5 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Empyrean
since 1999-11-06
Posts 42384
Florida's Foreverly Shores
10 posted 2000-09-25 11:07 PM

Lil' Lizzie~
See !
All it takes is reaching out !
I LOVE YOU ! !

We need your hugs as much as you need ours !
Consider yourself -
Passion-ately Hugged
Love ya'
~*Marge*~

~*The pen of the poet never runs out of ink, as long as we breathe.*~
noles1@totcon.com

kaile
Deputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Ascendant
since 2000-02-06
Posts 5146
singapore
11 posted 2000-10-07 01:33 PM

hi ESP!

i am but an email away if you need a listening ear hkaile@mailcity.com

take care

Yu Lan
since 2000-04-13
Posts 1462
New Zealand
12 posted 2001-01-12 11:37 PM

Hey, Lizzie.. I know it's 2001 now, but just want to send my wishes for you too, and all my love.. there's always someone to cheer you up, and I'm glad you're here with us in Passions.. you make every place a brighter place just by being in it.. and I hope someone can do that for you too...

Hugz and love,
Lynne

trevorskogsbergh
since 2000-02-03
Posts 129
South Pasadena, CA
13 posted 2001-01-13 01:54 AM

Don't be bummed. Try to find the bright side. Find something you like and smile about it. I just moved away from my family to an island 1500 miles away. The closest McDonalds is a 3 hour drive. I know what your going through. I miss my family and friends, and yes, my dog and ferrot also. But if I stayed bummed about that everyday, what kind of life would I live. I hardly have any friends so I pretty much work and sit by myself most of the time. It gives my a lot of time to grow and realize what life is all about. I'm not saying you should follow my lead, but just keep your mind busy and most importantly, smile. I know you have a beautiful smile, use it. I wish that I had something better to say than these ramblings of mine but then again, I'm young too. Oh, and no, your not abnormal. You sound very sane and normal to me. If you ever want to talk, email me. trevorskogsbergh@hotmail.com

Hugs and Kisses,
                 T

Better to die, and sleep
The never-waking sleep, than linger on
And dare to live when the souls life is gone.

JOY 14
since 1999-09-22
Posts 1419
Wisconsin USA
14 posted 2001-01-13 02:14 AM

Do you have room for more ((((HUGS)))) and a little joy spread your way? Good. I thought so!       Only the biggest and brightest smiles for you Lizzie! I hope this eases your lonliness.

Joy

Dopey Dope
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Patricius
since 2000-08-30
Posts 11132
San Juan, Puerto Rico
15 posted 2001-01-13 12:22 PM

You're not abnormal. All I can say is....imagine college.....geesh.

I was born myself, raised myself, and will continue to be myself. The world will just have to adjust.

I'm in love with my shadow
I admire it daily

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Discussion » Feelings » Cheer me up, please!! :(

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary