navwin » Discussion » Feelings » To Thank You All
Feelings
Post A Reply Post New Topic To Thank You All Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Poet deVine
Administrator
Member Seraphic
since 1999-05-26
Posts 22612
Hurricane Alley

0 posted 2000-07-22 06:51 PM

With this post, I reach another milestone at Passions in Poetry. My 8,000th post. I am not looking for congratulations (in fact I almost closed this thread to replies so I don't get them!). Without such an abundance of good writing and intriguing discussion here, I would never have reached this achievement. So the congratulations belong to you!

I've been here for a little over a year and continue stand in awe of what the Passions Forums have become. No other poetry forum has the talent or the spirit that we have here!

A lot of members have come and gone...I remember one named elvira who challenged herself to read every post in the Open Forum..and that was just Open #1..I doubt anyone could do that today since we have eight times the poetry now!

Many names of friends from the past come to mind: Wolfgang, Green Polar Bear, ~one voice~, Red Letter, DreamEvil....

And many names (too many to mention) are becoming new and valued members and friends..ah! Friends! Now there's a subject that is dear to my heart. I've made so many here that my heart is almost bursting with joy at the thought of their names. And as each new member joins us and I talk to them, I know that there is always room in my heart for another friend. You are all my friends, whether we've spoken or not.

There will be some changes in the future as we cannot remain as we are today (Ceres is straining to keep up, bless her computer heart!). Our membership has grown so quickly that it's hard to keep up! I know I can't read every post anymore..that task flew out the window when the 2000th member registered.

On a personal note: I am a recluse by nature and shy when first introduced to people. I don't like crowds or parties and am always the first to leave! I've always been this way! So this year has been odd for me. I've never interacted so much with so many people for this long!  

But my love for your writing, my love for you and my deep admiration and respect for Ron has kept me glued to my computer. And for that I also thank you. You have broadened my horizon...deepened my faith...made me laugh..made me cry....made me think...and made me grateful that I am here.

To all of you, my Passionate Poetic Friends, I say

THANK YOU!!

[This message has been edited by Poet deVine (edited 07-22-2000).]

© Copyright 2000 Poet deVine - All Rights Reserved
X Angel
since 1999-11-07
Posts 1521
Oregon
1 posted 2000-07-22 07:00 PM

Well dear, you are a wonderful part of this home and I love ya bunches  
So glad we are all here together
Congrats anyways...so there!
PLLLLRTTTTTTTTTT
;oÞ~*
~H

Dark Angel
Member Patricius
since 1999-08-04
Posts 10095

2 posted 2000-07-22 07:03 PM

Oh Sharon, you are a beautiful and caring soul  
You are right.... the wonderful writings here
are truly amazing.
As is your poetry Sharon, which in the past year I have had the pleasure to read  
Congratulations on your 8000th post. *hugs*

Maree

Little_Spyro
since 2000-01-09
Posts 659
San Diego, CA, USA
3 posted 2000-07-22 07:48 PM

I thought you said you closed this topic? Well, I'm glad you didn't!  

I'm very proud to be here at Passions (even though I am back at extremely diminished capacity from my old days, the first month and a half I was here... ) When I first came, I could just barely keep up with all the poems being posted in Open #6, and could single-handedly reply to everything in the used-to-be-slow-and-small Corner Pub. I could even easily come up with welcome poems for all the new poets posting there. But it's like the Pub has swelled from the size of Nowheresville, population >10, to something respectable like Los Angeles (population A Whole Lot). You're absolutely right, the Passions Forums have become something else...and even though I can't keep up even with the Corner Pub (whose description is now invalid--there is a HUGE crowd posting there now), I'm still proud and happy to even look around at this great place Passions in Poetry has turned into.

And even though the poet-posters are the ones that deserve the congratulations, a whole lot of that has to be for you, Sharon! (Don't mind if I call you that, do you?)
It'd be nice if you'd come back and moderate the Corner Pub sometime too, if it's not too much...

This is one proud little dragon!

Congrats again,

Little Spyro T. Dragon

Sunshine
Administrator
Member Empyrean
since 1999-06-25
Posts 63354
Listening to every heart
4 posted 2000-07-22 11:17 PM

So, you don't want any congratulations.  Ok.  
Would 8       hugs do?

But you shy? Shyer than I? Pshaw, I say! You, who initiate so many interesting fetishes, I mean, fancies, oh, no, I really mean topics!

Sharon, it is us who need to thank YOU [and Ron and Nan and 'Deer and...] for making this the place it is!

So, fudge! [Oh, that's a food topic!] Congrats to you anyway, on the first half of your 16,000th post!< !signature-->

Sunny

~~~Keep your face to the sunshine and you cannot see the shadow.
Helen Keller ~~~

When you want to be loved, look within...KRJ

[This message has been edited by Sunshine (edited 07-22-2000).]

Jester59701
since 2000-02-29
Posts 154

5 posted 2000-07-22 11:19 PM

Happy 8000th Sharon!
I'm so glad to be your friend! I'm sure that I would have long ago given up and lost interest in poetry, if it had not been for your encouragement and friendship. Thank you for being you, 8000 times over.
                           Jesse  ':~)

Nan
Administrator
Member Seraphic
since 1999-05-20
Posts 21191
Cape Cod Massachusetts USA
6 posted 2000-07-22 11:36 PM

Pssssssttt.......

Hey Guys... Don't tell her I said so - but - She's telling you the truth... She was really shy about joining these forums... Honestly - She was...

...and in retrospect - This place certainly wouldn't be the same sans the deVine one....

AVANTI
since 2000-02-02
Posts 664
INDIA/MAHARASHTRA/PUNE
7 posted 2000-07-23 12:23 PM

poet de vin...
It must feel really good to be around so long
and so much...
That is big of you to thank us...
but this milestone that you have reached is your doing!
AWESOME!

If all was light...then I would have never learnt the dark...from which such truth evolves
from which evolves the light...
Avanti Rao

Alwye
Member Elite
since 1999-06-16
Posts 3850
In the space between moments
8 posted 2000-07-23 12:25 PM

No Nan, it definitely wouldn't have been the same place without her....

Sharon, you're such a light, such a grace within our little (well, actually huge) home here. Your constant encouragement to me and to others like me is something that I truly cherish, as well as your friendship. Happy 8000!!!

*Krista Knutson*

"You never lose by loving. You always lose by holding back."
-Barbara DeAngelis

Justbleu
Member Elite
since 1999-08-31
Posts 3329
Oregon, Originally From Alaska :)
9 posted 2000-07-23 12:59 PM

You Miss PDV...I would have never thought you as shy...that surprised me!!! I am super shy..it is really hard for me to be soo open in here but I love it here so I try!! Well, I agree with Little Spyro I'm glad you didn't close this thread!!!     No, it wouldn't be the same around here without people like you around here!!  By the way congratulations on your 8000th post!!     Take Care!!! HUGS!!
Bridgette  
< !signature-->

"Somewhere, somehow, it should be possible to touch someone and never let go again.  To hold someone, not for a moment but forever." Unknown

[This message has been edited by Justbleu (edited 07-23-2000).]

Severn
Member Rara Avis
since 1999-07-17
Posts 7704

10 posted 2000-07-23 01:39 AM

Sharon...this awesome place wouldn't be quite so awesome without you in it, my friend.

So, thankYOU ok? And you seriously deserve these replies.

I'll keep it brief for you...

K

Sven
Deputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Laureate
since 1999-11-23
Posts 14937
East Lansing, MI USA
11 posted 2000-07-23 01:56 AM

Sharon,
       first of all. . . you're welcome!!  

Second. . . you know that these forums would not be the same without you. . . your very presence here makes this place hum. . . you inspire us all. . . you make us smile, you make us think, you make us cry. . . we are the ones who are blessed by your very presence every day. . .

Those of us that have gotten to know you, see a woman that is full of life, intelligence and creativity. . . someone who, even though she is VERY shy, goes out of her way to make EVERYONE feel welcome here. . .and for that, you are to be commended. . .

Ok. . . I'm done. . . I know that you're probably shaking your head right now and wondering why I'm saying all of this. . . it's all true and you know it. . . this wouldn't be the same place without you. . . and I'm glad to have the chance to tell you. . .

------------------------------------------------------

That which gives light must endure burning
--Victor Frankl

RainbowGirl
Member Elite
since 1999-07-31
Posts 3023
United Kingdom
12 posted 2000-07-23 06:07 AM

Oh shucks....my eyes started raining, then my mouth curved up into a smile and then this little rainbow appeared...  

I wonder just how many of these members lives you have enriched, purely by being you...I bet it comes closer to the number of posts I have made and that's no small feat...

You're a pleasure to know Sharon, you make me laugh when I really want to cry, if I'm upset you listen and still make me smile and if I'm feeling devilish you make me cry with laughter but always I feel like I'm a little bit special after having talked with you...

Ooops...sorry but I cannot tell a lie..  

Big HUSG

[This message has been edited by RainbowGirl (edited 07-23-2000).]

WhtDove
Member Rara Avis
since 1999-07-22
Posts 9245
Illinois
13 posted 2000-07-23 12:16 PM

Well thanks goes to everyone!  And especially YOU, who has come up with so many great ideas!

I have to say I'm glad you found this place, and you posted. That I found it also and that we've become friends! I think I've met more caring people here on Passions than in my life! That's saying alot.

Sharon CONGRATS! You deserve it!

Jamie
Member Elite
since 2000-06-26
Posts 3168
Blue Heaven
14 posted 2000-07-23 09:55 PM

Seems like longer but it is just recently that I discoverd PIP... it is you and several of your friends who kept me coming back again and again until now, I no longer feel like a visitor. Thank You!

Jamie

Tu ne cede malis, sed contra audentior ito. - Virgil.
"Yield thou not to adversity, but press on the more bravely".

Denise
Member Seraphic
since 1999-08-22
Posts 22648

15 posted 2000-07-23 10:19 PM

This place certainly wouldn't be as wonderful without you, Sharon! Congratulations on 8,000! I wish you millions more!  

Denise

Christopher
Member Rara Avis
since 1999-08-02
Posts 8296
Purgatorial Incarceration
16 posted 2000-07-23 10:39 PM

Sharon... Sharon... Sharon... You know, that name keeps popping up, but I can't seem to remember who it is...

My friend, if Ron is the Zeus of Passions, the you my lady are the Aphrodite. Your spirit is felt by all and there is not a one who can resist your "shy" charms. I know that personally, you've contributed a lot to who I am now (Don't blame her everyone, she contributed to the few good parts!)

In parting, hugs friend, and thank you for being... well, you!  

Chris

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Discussion » Feelings » To Thank You All

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary