navwin » Discussion » Feelings » Scared
Feelings
Post A Reply Post New Topic Scared Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Cuddlez
since 1999-11-27
Posts 422
Walla Walla, WA 99362

0 posted 2000-07-03 01:49 AM

Im so scared right now. I just got in a really bad car accident... My car met a telephone pole at 50 miles a hr. And me and my best friend walked away alive. But I'm scared. I feel like the accident was my fault. Everyone tells me its not, that I did the best to avoid a bad situation... A guy wasn't paying attention and I swerved to avoid him. I can't help but blame myself though. I almost killed my best friend, I just went and looked at the car again and got all my stuff out of it. It was truly a miracle anyone walked away from it (just aches and bruises) but I hate seeing anyone in pain, especially something I caused. I just don't get it... Im pulling away from her because she's in pain and I feel guilty I caused it and then again, I swerved so I wouldn't tbone the guy...

Time flies? Say it not so, time stays we go.

© Copyright 2000 Cuddlez - All Rights Reserved
Poet deVine
Administrator
Member Seraphic
since 1999-05-26
Posts 22612
Hurricane Alley
1 posted 2000-07-03 01:30 PM

You are still in shock. Your body and mind are reacting to a horrible situation. Please remember that an accident is just that...an accident. You are both very lucky, and from what you've said YOU were thinking quickly to avoid that other car. Thank God you are both ok. Go talk to your friend. Tell him/her that you are so glad they aren't hurt. Your friend is probably still feeling the shock of this too...you need to hold onto each other now. Let me know how you're doing, ok?  Take care.
Cuddlez
since 1999-11-27
Posts 422
Walla Walla, WA 99362
2 posted 2000-07-03 04:19 PM

Thanks... I DID go talk to her. It helped a little... Things are looking up. I am still scared to drive though. So, I'm taking things slow...

Nan
Administrator
Member Seraphic
since 1999-05-20
Posts 21191
Cape Cod Massachusetts USA
3 posted 2000-07-03 04:53 PM

You need to take some pretty long deep breaths right now - Stress is absolutely normal at this point - so is guilt - Both will pass, and you'll begin to feel better - both of you... and don't stress over the car either - It's a material thing that can be replaced - You're all well - Thank God...
Kit McCallum
Administrator
Member Laureate
since 2000-04-30
Posts 14774
Ontario, Canada
4 posted 2000-07-03 05:24 PM

I've been where you are Cuddlez ... it's a terrifying feeling, and very overwhelming at first, but it really was an "accident" as Poet deVine said.  For me, the shock of seeing the car afterwards was the most overwhelming part, because it made me realize how truly lucky we were (I was driving with 3 in the car).

You are both so lucky to be OK ... please continue to keep the lines of comminication open ... keep talking to your friend, it will make such a big difference for you both.  Don't push yourself too hard, and take it slowly. It does get better ... I can attest to that ...

Best wishes and prayers to you and your friend,
/Kit

RainbowGirl
Member Elite
since 1999-07-31
Posts 3023
United Kingdom
5 posted 2000-07-03 06:07 PM

Sweetheart, you feel guilty because you care and caring is good and wholesome and you're protective of those you care about so stands to reason you would want to distance yourself from hurting someone you care about but think about the pleasure in caring that you will also BOTH miss....Accidents do happen and to the best of drivers...as the saying goes, it's not you, you have to worry about but those other idiots...give her a hug..  

HUGS

[This message has been edited by RainbowGirl (edited 07-03-2000).]

Cuddlez
since 1999-11-27
Posts 422
Walla Walla, WA 99362
6 posted 2000-07-03 07:13 PM

I'm not worried about the car... It IS getting replaced, AND I'm glad I was driving that car at the time. The whole accident is going to be paid for by the other guy's insurance too... That's a relief, I dont have to worry about medical bills and stuff right now..Thanks for the support.

WhtDove
Member Rara Avis
since 1999-07-22
Posts 9245
Illinois
7 posted 2000-07-03 11:37 PM

Devine is right! You are in shock still. Most of the time we don't react until our body and mind is away from the situation for a bit and able to reflect back on it.  Try thinking positive that you're both alive and not hurt badly!

Had you not swerved what might have happened?  When you think on the spur of the moment you don't have to time to calculate what might happen. So be thankful that things turned out the way they did!  And thank God the judgement you used helped!

God bless you hon, and calm down, take a breath!  You shall be in my prayers!

Justbleu
Member Elite
since 1999-08-31
Posts 3329
Oregon, Originally From Alaska :)
8 posted 2000-07-04 07:41 AM

Everything will be ok!!  Thank God you all are alright!!  I do sooooo very much agree with the above!!  Take it easy on yourself for a bit!!  HUGS!!!!!!!!!  Take Care!!
Bridgette  

Cuddlez
since 1999-11-27
Posts 422
Walla Walla, WA 99362
9 posted 2000-07-04 09:07 PM

Yah shock is hitting... I did talk to my best friend. Its pretty bad now, I wasnt tense the first couple days after the accident but now, a week later, things are hitting hom... I mean, I was freaking out at things which wouldn't have even phased me before. But thats ok, Im alive )... But a question to other people, if you have gotten into bad accidents... Does things that aren't even related to the accident scare you when they didn't before? I took and went down the escalator today... No big deal the first time, the second time is freaked me out bad. I NEVER have been scared of escalators before... My friend thinks it is something to do with the accident and downward motion??? Thanks for everyone's sweet replies and friendless..
Take care,
amber

WhtDove
Member Rara Avis
since 1999-07-22
Posts 9245
Illinois
10 posted 2000-07-05 06:59 PM

I can't say I've been where you've been. What it might be is anything that happens or causes you to move quickly. Like stepping off from the escalator? Sudden movements can set off that fear. You will adjust back to normal soon. It takes a while and it's traumatizing to our minds and bodies when we go through something like that.

I'm sure what you experience is probably normal, but if your unsure, you can always call your doctor, or ask to speak with the nurse  

Good luck and God continue to watch over you!

Cuddlez
since 1999-11-27
Posts 422
Walla Walla, WA 99362
11 posted 2000-07-09 11:36 PM

Im doing soooooo much better with everything now. Thanks for your replies, everyone )

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Discussion » Feelings » Scared

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary