navwin » Discussion » Feelings » A comment.
Feelings
Post A Reply Post New Topic A comment. Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
brandondinsmore
since 1999-10-27
Posts 142
OKC, OK

0 posted 2000-04-28 04:18 PM

I mean no offense at all in saying this to everyone.  (everyone that reads it)
I have a real problem with people saying 'love' this and 'love' that.  'All my love', etc.  That just isn't appropriate for a lot of what is written here, you know?  Anyway, that's all I have to say about that.  Thanks.

© Copyright 2000 Rounder - All Rights Reserved
Temptress
Member Rara Avis
since 1999-06-15
Posts 7136
Mobile, AL
1 posted 2000-04-28 04:42 PM

Hmmm...I can certainly understand your point of view, but after reading so many poems a day here it starts to get difficult to find the words for the things I like. If I read it and like it, I say so. Since on Open poetry, critiques aren't actually looked for as they are on the Critical Analysis Forum, I stay with saying I liked (loved)  At least that way the poet knows that someone took the time to read it. It is much safer that
way in my opinion.  If there is something specific you'd like said or done, then e-mail me and let me know. I'll do my best as I am sure everyone else here would try to do.  If my address isn't posted in my profile, then contact me via this thread, and I will get it to you.   Have a great day!    

Nothing can deter a poet, for he is actuated by pure love. Who can predict his comings and goings? "Thoreau"

Butterflies_dont_cry
Member Elite
since 2000-03-06
Posts 3733
Michigan
2 posted 2000-04-28 05:07 PM

Brandon, I'm sure your comment will be moved to one of the other forums soon as it is not a poem but I saw it here so I'll reply here.  When you post you have asked everyone to please reply to your poems and even posting a question of if you were welcome here, which of course you are but now you are telling people HOW you want them to reply.....??? You may want to try to be a little more tolerent. Your comments on posts haven't been what someone else may say, but no one has told you how to say what you feel.  I'm off the soap box now!  
Nan
Administrator
Member Seraphic
since 1999-05-20
Posts 21191
Cape Cod Massachusetts USA
3 posted 2000-04-28 05:11 PM

Temptress is right about the fact that reading a plethora of poetry makes it difficult to have an original comment on each and every poem.  That's why you see "I like it" so frequently.  We want to read more - not necessarily make rambling comments...

I understand your "Feelings", Brandon - I also have to direct them to the "Feelings" Forum...

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Discussion » Feelings » A comment.

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary