navwin » Discussion » Feelings » Why me?
Feelings
Post A Reply Post New Topic Why me? Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Kurly
since 2000-04-21
Posts 48

0 posted 2000-04-22 02:39 PM

I am wondering why me? I am constantly made fun of and I can't see why. I am kind to all those around me yet they still make fun of me. I was wondering if anyone can answer or help me in this troublesome time?
I have a couple of poems in the Dark Passions section if any of you feel like reading it.

© Copyright 2000 Kurly - All Rights Reserved
sweetchild
since 2000-04-19
Posts 37

1 posted 2000-04-22 03:05 PM

I'm sorry to hear about this. Bad things happen to wonderful people, the world is unjust. Maybe you should try talking to someone about it. God rewards those who act in kindness.
pen of passion
since 1999-08-11
Posts 234

2 posted 2000-04-22 06:15 PM

Kurly, those all around you, who make fun of you are insecure; it helps them feel superior.  Confident people don't make fun of others.  Unfortunately, being kind to people who do not appreciate kindness is not the answer.  The weak are preyed upon.  I think you need some assertiveness.  There are many books in the library on assertiveness that will help you.  Learn to love yourself, and others will respect you.  Hope this helps.
Tara Simms
since 1999-08-12
Posts 1244
Honea Path, SC USA
3 posted 2000-04-23 02:00 AM

Why not you? Is there someone else around who actually deserves this whereas you don't?  No.  It really doesn't have anything to do with you at all.  It's got everything to do with the low self esteem of those who are harassing you. Don't let it get to you.
Rosebud1229
since 2000-04-05
Posts 1813
North Carolina
4 posted 2000-04-23 10:47 PM

I am sorry to hear about your being picked at. Please try to ignore though I know words are indeed hurtful. The tongue as you know is a two-edged sword. I believe it hurts just as much as being hit. Try to get away from these people that downplay you in such a manner. Know that all people are not that way. Strive to be your best.

ESP
Member Elite
since 2000-01-25
Posts 2556
Floating gently on a cloud....
5 posted 2000-04-24 06:22 AM

I totally empathize with you Kurly....for about three years I was treated like a disease by the guys in my class and teased non stop by the girls...I never did anything to them..I ended up with an inferiority complex. Happily I found someone I could turn to, my best friend, and she helped me find my self worth and self acceptance. Hun, if you ever want to talk just email me at janetmp@global.bw  

Love and hugs,
Lizzie

"Poetry is the true expression of my soul, it is my ultimate means of communication. It is my rainbow of delight."

UndyingLove
since 2000-04-24
Posts 23
Bethany, OK, USA
6 posted 2000-04-25 09:54 PM

Kurly,  I know what you are feeling.  I was picked on for several years, but since starting college, I have found those true friends who are not going to pick on me.  I was constantly asking myself what was wrong with me, because I couldn't understand why they always chose me to pick on.  But, I have now seen that some people are just like that, and you cannot let it get to you.  My life was horrible because I let people like this get to me, but now, I know that I have to just be myself and things will be much better.  I wrote an article about my experiences.  Email me if you want to read it: amyrmcp@hotmail.com

"Goodnight, sweet prince, and flights of angels guide thee to thy rest."
-William Shakespeare, in "Hamlet"

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Discussion » Feelings » Why me?

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary