navwin » Discussion » Feelings » Is there any such thing as a contented poet?
Feelings
Post A Reply Post New Topic Is there any such thing as a contented poet? Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
DarkMoon
since 1999-12-25
Posts 9

0 posted 2000-03-03 05:13 PM

I don't really know if i'm supposed to post a question but it is about peots so it should be all right. Also i would dearly love some feedback on this.

© Copyright 2000 Leighton - All Rights Reserved
Michael
Member Rara Avis
since 1999-08-13
Posts 7666
California
1 posted 2000-03-03 05:35 PM

THis thread is being moved to the "Feelings" forum.  I know it's a question but it seems to deal directly with our feelings as poets so I thought it would be more appropriate there - or at least get more replies.  Darkmoon, the open forum is for poetry only, such is why this thread has been moved - please look for it in the "Feelings" forum.

Michael

Severn
Member Rara Avis
since 1999-07-17
Posts 7704

2 posted 2000-03-06 06:07 AM

Not sure entirely what you mean?

So I will just deal with the poetry section of my life in response to this...

I am contented only when I have finished a poem. When the last word is there - it is like the poem is already written, and I am merely a messenger for it. Then I know contentment...

I don't believe contentment is a permament thing - it is something to be worked on.

'Writing sharpens life;
life enriches writing'
Sylvia Plath

Jannel
since 2000-01-18
Posts 492
Muncie, IN, USA
3 posted 2000-03-06 02:23 PM

discontentment is, to me, the best inspiration (this would most likely be the reason i normally post in the dark forum.)  
still, i think i am a generally happy person, and i think those around me view me as such. to me poetry is an outlet for the negative emotions, so i have more room for the positive.
jannel

"I'm just saying
that we've mistaken one
for thousands of words,
and for that mistake
I've caused you such pain
that I damn that word."
-10000 Maniacs "Jezebel"

JOY 14
since 1999-09-22
Posts 1419
Wisconsin USA
4 posted 2000-03-10 07:56 PM

I agree with Jannel.  But I have a friend who thinks that writing dark and emotionaly shattering things will only make her vent and carry out her bad feelings more.  I disagree, because that is exactly how I HAVE TO GET THEM OUT!  

Content?  Hmmmm.  Is there such a thing as a contented poet?  As Severn said, I am very content when I finish a poem I am happy with and that I think is just fantastic work!  That is about all I can think of!  

Joy

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Discussion » Feelings » Is there any such thing as a contented poet?

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary