navwin » Discussion » Feelings » Feelings and dreams combined
Feelings
Post A Reply Post New Topic Feelings and dreams combined Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
WhisperingWind
since 2000-03-02
Posts 28
Ontario, Canada

0 posted 2000-03-02 05:03 PM

I have found that I still do not understand my dreams very much.  Does anyone have dreams where you are being chased over and over each and every time you sleep?  I have them all the time.  I'm always being chased by earths furies. Tornadoes are my most dreamed. Most of the time in my dreams I do realize I'm dreaming.  I'll try to wake myself up by screaming at myself, but I never can wake up when I want to.  I always find that I hardly ever get hurt.  It's my friends and family who get hurt, and thats what causes my dreams to be nightmares.  If it's not someone I know then it's children or animals. All those things are my most important things in life. Maybe that's why I always dream bad things apon them, because they are the ones I worry about the most.  *shrug* not sure.  I just think I have bad luck. Even when I go to sleep with a peacful mind I still have nightmares which causes me to fear going back to sleep.  
Sorry about the long msg.  I'm very much wanting to know about dreams and to learn how to understand them and not fear them.  
Let me know what you think  

© Copyright 2000 Alana Rain Turcotte - All Rights Reserved
JOY 14
since 1999-09-22
Posts 1419
Wisconsin USA
1 posted 2000-03-02 08:35 PM

Whispering Wind,

I don't know a whole lot about dreams.  I suggest going to some websites to find out more.  I don't think you are abnormal though for dreaming about your loved ones getting hurt instead of yourself.  Sounds like some nightmares I have had too.  I also know what it is like not to want to go back to sleep.  
Hang in there.  And find out more.  The more info. the better to help you have less nightmares.  Maybe other people will have more suggestions.

Joy

Alwye
Member Elite
since 1999-06-16
Posts 3850
In the space between moments
2 posted 2000-03-02 09:39 PM

I'd definitely like to know...my dreams can be pretty bad, and pretty frequent..one with white moths and axes and stuff....another with blood...just lots and lots of blood...lots of chasing dreams, such as yours, too.  So, if anyone out there has any info, I'm interested too.

*Krista Knutson*

"Every moment marked with apparitions of your soul...." ~*Sarah McLachlan- Do What You Have To Do*~

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Discussion » Feelings » Feelings and dreams combined

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary