navwin » Discussion » Feelings » What is wrong with me?
Feelings
Post A Reply Post New Topic What is wrong with me? Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
White Wolf
since 1999-09-18
Posts 371
Somewhere in the vast wasteland

0 posted 2000-01-30 02:05 AM

I think it is writer's block, but very frustating.  Ever since my poem, My Valintine, I have been unable to focus my thoughts and feelings to write.  It really sucks.  I may have "bit off more than I can chew" with that one.  I dunno.  Maybe I can shake it off.  Maybe not.  Anyway I just thought that I would say this here cause it is a feeling and just knowing other poeple will know will help me though it.  Thanx for reading.  I don't expect any replies to this.  Thanx again.

Justin

P.S.  I kinda feel like my sceen name/pen name on here.

"Life's greatest mystery isn't the meaning of life. To love and be loved is the meaning of life. Now how to attain those is the greatest mystery of all."

© Copyright 2000 Justin D. Schroeder - All Rights Reserved
Munda
Member Elite
since 1999-10-08
Posts 3544
The Hague, The Netherlands
1 posted 2000-01-30 07:27 AM

Don't let it worry you SD. It happens to me too sometimes and I found the more I let it worry me, the longer it takes. The inspiratation always comes back somehow.   And you know what ? In those periods I can't write, I get the best ideas, I'll write down to work on later.  
Wishing you lots of inspiration,

Munda

Poet deVine
Administrator
Member Seraphic
since 1999-05-26
Posts 22612
Hurricane Alley
2 posted 2000-01-30 10:21 AM

I understand completely. It happens to us all. I remember my last bout of it..everyone said, "oh, it'll come back"..well, you know that didn't help! I began to dislike everyone who could write because I couldn't.  I kept writing bits and pieces down, kept trying...I also got a book..it's called: Creating Poetry by John Drury. It has some great suggestions for writing poetry..and it explains a lot of the forms...and it's less than $15.00.

So..hang in there! I will be better. If I can help in any way, please let me know. You may want to go to the challenge forum and seek some inspiration there or if you feel you want to, write a story for the Prose Forum! Good luck, I look forward to reading your next poem.  

Elizabeth
Deputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Ascendant
since 1999-06-07
Posts 6871
Minnesota
3 posted 2000-01-30 01:09 PM

Been there, done that *sigh* I know just how you feel, SD! I've been through writer's block/burnout plenty of times myself. Hang in there, and the inspiration will come back!

Elizabeth

"He have his goodness now. God forbid I take it from him!"
-The Crucible

Gene
since 2000-01-23
Posts 935
Colorado, USA
4 posted 2000-01-30 05:11 PM

S.D.,

I'm new here, I only started writing poetry a week ago. I was so nervous, I didn't know how I could keep coming up with things. For the first three days, I would constantly think each day, I've got to figure out what to write. I had no ideas in my head at all. Where would these poems come from? I was trying to force things. Then, I just relaxed, tried not to even think about poetry for just one day. The next morning as soon as I awoke, an idea popped into my head.
While I was in the shower, two poems came to me. As soon as I got out of the shower, I no sooner wrote them down, then another popped into my head.

I still have a little apprehnsion, though. For instance, right now, I have absolutely nothing in mind, but I'm not gonna worry about it, 'cause I'm confident something will happen. I really only got that confidence after writting "The little Dragon." I felt, if I could write a story like that on the spur of the moment, then I could do anything.

What seems to work best for me is, just to come up with one little phase, like "I often sit alone at night..."  Now, there's so much that can be done with that. I just keep repeating the phrase over and over again, then try to add a few words to it. Before I know it, it just goes wild and I almost can't stop it.

Basically, what I'm saying is, just relax. If you were able to do it before, then there's no reason why you can't do it again. Unless you keep it from happening.

Open yourself up to good thoughts.
It WILL happen.

Best of luck,
Gene

Isis
Member Ascendant
since 1999-09-06
Posts 6296
Sunny Queensland
5 posted 2000-01-30 11:57 PM

We have all been there one time or another.

Personally I find if you get a poet to give you a poetry challenge, a line or a theme, it'll get things rolling again.   Ask anyone they'd be happy to offer up a challenge.

Let your heart guide you. It whispers, so listen closely.
~Isis~
(Sovereign of the Spirit)

White Wolf
since 1999-09-18
Posts 371
6 posted 2000-01-31 03:58 AM

Thank you all for your support.  I know it will come back.  It is just a matter of time.  It helps to know that others have been there done that and they are still writing.  Thanx again.

"Life's greatest mystery isn't the meaning of life. To love and be loved is the meaning of life. Now how to attain those is the greatest mystery of all."

Justbleu
Member Elite
since 1999-08-31
Posts 3329
Oregon, Originally From Alaska :)
7 posted 2000-02-08 11:08 AM

Sometimes they come... and sometimes they don't!!  Words that is!!  Be patient my friend and the heart will pour!!  

Wishing you a spark of inspiration!!!

Take Care
Bridgette  

Creation of woman from the rib of Man: She was not made from his head to top him; nor out of his feet to be trampled upon by him; but out of his side to be equal with him, under his arm to be protected, and near his heart to be loved."

serenity blaze
Member Empyrean
since 2000-02-02
Posts 27738

8 posted 2000-02-09 10:18 PM

I came here because I got depressed after reading all of the talented poets in the forum, so I guess I too, am sort of blocked right now.  But after thinking it over, I've decided that I don't have to be perfect, I just have to express myself perfectly.  To myself.  If I could NOT WRITE,that is what I'd do.  As for you, Scorched Dragon, I have faith in you.  I saw a bumper sticker once that stated:  "Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup."
And on that note, I close, humbly begging your pardon.

White Wolf
since 1999-09-18
Posts 371
9 posted 2000-02-11 05:06 AM

Justbleu- Thanks for the support.

Serinity- I wrote this to help me not feel so alone in my crisis.  So you can now say you met a "humble" Dragon and lived to tell the story.  

If dying is the process of living life to its end.
Then what is living?

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Discussion » Feelings » What is wrong with me?

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary