navwin » Discussion » Feelings » Life is hard
Feelings
Post A Reply Post New Topic Life is hard Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
crosscountry83
since 2009-07-30
Posts 345

0 posted 2009-08-31 10:55 PM

Ok, so some of you know I've lost my puppy, but this morning I just found out that my friend committed suicide.  Why does life have to be so hard!

[This message has been edited by crosscountry83 (09-01-2009 09:53 PM).]

© Copyright 2009 Riley - All Rights Reserved
A Romantic Heart
Member Ascendant
since 1999-09-03
Posts 5496
Forever In Your Heart
1 posted 2009-09-01 03:03 PM

I feel for you, so sorry to hear this, sending you some hugs!

I have asked myself the same questions, it seems sometimes, one bad thing happens right after another and you just want it to stop.

I don't believe in curses, but sometimes I feel as though I am under one, I just keep going, knowing there is that pot of gold at the end of the rainbow, and if it is this bad, it only can get better from here.

Life is hard, very hard, but it is also rewarding, and happy, I have found that when I have had the worse happen, the best awaits just around the corner, and I press on to see what it is, and what is going to land in my lap.

Now sometimes this can be a chain reaction, a friend does this to themselves and another friend gets depressed, wondering what they could have done to stop it, or go crazy wondering why they did it, you just have to stop those thoughts, sure it is ok to grieve, but don't judge yourself or beat up on yourself, they made the choice to end their life.
Don't allow this to control you and your life, life is hard, but life is precious, you only have one, and you just don't know what is around the corner waiting for you in the future. You will find that it will all be worth it someday when you look into your own eyes, filled with love and laughter, and you will say to yourself, wow! I would have missed this, you grow, and your focus is no longer about you, but others, helping others,
when we focus on ourselves, that is what we end up with, alone, ourselves, reach out, you will find happiness and life in giving,
making a change, a difference in human hearts.

~ARH

crosscountry83
since 2009-07-30
Posts 345

2 posted 2009-09-05 12:22 PM

Now my friend had to take her dog to the vet for the last time too. ugh
Alison
Deputy Moderator 5 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Rara Avis
since 2008-01-27
Posts 9318
Lumpy oatmeal makes me crazy!
3 posted 2009-09-05 04:30 PM

Rileigh,

I am sorry for the death of your friend.  You and I have both undergone the death of a pet recently and I know that hurts too.  You are right.  Life IS hard.  It's also beautiful.

My first thought upon reading your initial post is how sorry I am for your friend's family.  I work for a man whose brother committed suicide over thirty years ago - the guilt, pain and questions still haunt him.  When a person commits suicide - they leave behind people like you who mourn them and miss them.  I honestly believe that suicide is the supreme act of selfishness.  It's a "fix" for no one.

I can only imagine how you must be feeling right now.  Honestly, I have no words of comfort.  I can only tell you that life is a gift.  If anyone doesn't believe that - they should volunteer some place that shows them the reality of hard life.  There are always people less fortunate who have a more difficult path than we do.  There are people who overcome their difficulties so they can live.  They fight to live.

Death is hard.  Death is hard for those left behind.  Death forever takes loved ones and leaves a void.  Death is final - there are no answers or second chances.

Being a teenager is hard - but it gets better.  Believe me.  It gets better.

You are a special person in my mind, Rileigh.  Hang in there - and shower your puppy with love.

Love,
Alison

Falling rain
Deputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Elite
since 2008-01-31
Posts 2178
Small town, Illinois
4 posted 2009-09-06 08:08 AM

Wow. I'm really sorry what happened to ya. Yeah life is hard but like what ARH said "you just gotta keep pushing through" or as my best friend would say "just keep on keep'n on." Haha. I don't know what he meant by that but it always helped me push through hard times.

Hope things go well,
-Zach

Penwing
since 2009-07-27
Posts 73
Waverly, MN
5 posted 2009-09-30 09:53 PM

wow...I am sorry..i went through somthing simalar a few months ago so i know what is like to take one blow after another.....keep fighting though there is light at the end of the path you just have to find it....im sorry it has been so long sence i have talked to you i hope you remember about a month ago, again srry i have been silent for so long  e mail me if you want to talk

[This message has been edited by Ron (10-01-2009 07:13 AM).]

Emi<3Naruto =]
since 2009-09-05
Posts 32

6 posted 2010-02-03 01:35 AM

AWW did you ever tell me that? well anyway im so sorry!
Emi<3Naruto =]
since 2009-09-05
Posts 32

7 posted 2010-02-03 01:37 AM

wow is that an angry face?? it was supposed to be sad! ): here this is a sad face.
Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Discussion » Feelings » Life is hard

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary