navwin » Discussion » Feelings » Acceptance
Feelings
Post A Reply Post New Topic Acceptance Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Falling rain
Deputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Elite
since 2008-01-31
Posts 2178
Small town, Illinois

0 posted 2009-08-21 08:36 PM

I find myself lately not accepting who I am. Is it unnatural to feel the need to change oneself?

I know I'm insecure and self-conscious but why? People always ask me why when I tell them that. I don't know why I am. I just feel that I can't accept someone like me. People tell me I have a "great personality" and I'm "Very nice", "Caring", "Sweet", and most of all "Cute". I be polite and say "thank you", but deep down their words mean nothing to me. But these are my closet friends saying things like this. Don't you think their opinion count? Most time yes, yes they do.

Am I that vain to think that my appearance is more important then whats on the inside? Am I that conceited and shallow..? Am I teetering on the line of self-conscious and vanity?  

Why can't I just get over it and accept myself?

© Copyright 2009 Zach Booker-Scott - All Rights Reserved
crosscountry83
since 2009-07-30
Posts 345

1 posted 2009-08-21 10:45 PM

I know exactly what you mean. I guess it's pretty common when your growing up because you're figuring out who you are and how you fit in with the world.  I think everyone feels insecure, no matter how they show it.

I just try to push those thoughts aside and think "the people I really want as friends will accept me no matter what"

Your in high school, right? (me too haha) I defiantly don't pretend to be an expert on this stuff, but I would just enjoy high school and try to forget about things that aren't terribly important in the long run.

Rileigh

Alison
Deputy Moderator 5 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Rara Avis
since 2008-01-27
Posts 9318
Lumpy oatmeal makes me crazy!
2 posted 2009-08-22 06:35 AM

You two are my two favorite teenagers in PiP.  I am not going to say that you are wonderful people and will grow up to be wonderful adults.  I am not going to say you are talented or sweet or cute.

I am going to say that you bring a smile to my day - you both have shared (and are sharing) a lot of your lives with us.  I admire you, Zach and Rileigh.

Love to you both,
Alison

latearrival
Member Ascendant
since 2003-03-21
Posts 5499
Florida
3 posted 2009-08-26 06:35 PM

Falling rain. It is a normal feeling I think to feel a little insecure. It takes a long time to realize that we are usually liked for who we are and not how we look. Although a neat appearance helps. You attract the people you want to by fittig in. I hope that does not mean you are trying to fit in with everyone or the wrong type. You have grown so much this past year while posting here.It definately shows. It also shows you are a pretty nice guy. So try to relax and remember, most people feel the same way,and they are most likely thinking more about themselves than they are thinking about you. So be nice and listen to them and let them do a lot of the takllking for a while. You will impress them more  if you are a good listener.

Every time something new comes up you will most likely feel a little insecure again until you learn  the ropes about what ever  new thing or place you are in. Don't worry,it all works out in the end. Best to you, latearrival

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Discussion » Feelings » Acceptance

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary