navwin » Discussion » Feelings » forgotten
Feelings
Post A Reply Post New Topic forgotten Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
joe86s
since 2008-01-07
Posts 10

0 posted 2008-01-07 05:28 PM

I was loved, but am forgotten
My name lies dusty with misuse
But like the old mail or battered guantlet
I must stay hard--and never soften

You might not think of me, and often
It might be as if I never were
But here I lie, if you should want for
A sword to wield and shield to fasten

I'll be your charm from things that frighten
I'll be your desperate midnight escape
But when that click hangs me up, I'll know
I was loved, but am forgotten

I'm new to this forum--but I wanted to try it out. Never done anything like this before, and it's kind of scary throwing yourself out there for everyone to see. But here goes.

It's the end of my first week abroad in London and I can't help but feel rather lost. I've made new friends and have plenty to keep me busy, but, when it's late at night, my heart invariably wanders.

This one is about that ex-girlfriend who never talks to you anymore, unless she needs someone to comfort her or give her advice. And, though you don't feel the same way for her anymore, you know you'll always be there for her, no matter if she won't give you the time of day. It hurts and it's probably unhealthy--but I know i'll keep doing it.

Anyone else do this? Or am I just a dupe?

© Copyright 2008 joe86s - All Rights Reserved
TomMark
Member Elite
since 2007-07-27
Posts 2133
LA,CA
1 posted 2008-01-07 05:36 PM

Beautifully sad. Love the read

a very warm welcome to this wonderful site and you may want to talk about your thought in those very interesting forums.

Caring is a personally
for building a family you shall have some one who loves you solely and respectively. not someone treats you as tissues.  

SEA
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 5 Tours
Member Seraphic
since 2000-01-18
Posts 22676
with you
2 posted 2008-01-07 07:35 PM

Welcome to Pip!
it was a heartfelt write, and I enjoyed it very much. I understand what that feels like, to always be the one there for the other, but it's not returned...in my case, it's a friend.

I look forward to reading more from you!

Sunshine
Administrator
Member Empyrean
since 1999-06-25
Posts 63354
Listening to every heart
3 posted 2008-01-07 08:23 PM

Dear Joe,

What a wonderful poem to mark your entry. In the future, you may want to consider several other poetry venues, as Feelings is designated more as a discussion venue. However, since you have already started a discussion beneath the poem, please know that there is no harm, no foul. Just an expression of sharing with you the fact that quite a lot of us know exactly what you are going through. It takes time to grow, and you are on the right track.

Had you placed this in the poetry forums, I could have sent you a very special greeting. As it is, you  will simply have to imagine a huge hug!

Write on!

" It matters not this distance now  " Excerpt, Yesterday's Love
~*~
KRJ

sandgrain
Member Elite
since 1999-09-21
Posts 3662
Sycamore, IL, USA
4 posted 2008-01-08 10:06 PM

I enjoyed your poem and appreciate your feeling, especially being far from home.

Welcome to the greatest poetry site.  I do hope you'll find this place warm and inviting.

God bless,
     Rae

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Discussion » Feelings » forgotten

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary