navwin » Discussion » Feelings » Hard to deal with
Feelings
Post A Reply Post New Topic Hard to deal with Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Gumpy
since 2007-11-06
Posts 143
Canada

0 posted 2007-11-08 03:06 AM

Hi everyone. I'm new to posting. Just joined after reading poems here for quite a while.

My sorrow is.....
I have been with my wife for over 11 yrs. married for over 5.  Last Jan. 28th I found a message on the comp that she was on her way to meet a guy for more than drinks. I called her and she returned home. We talked, cried, and decided to work on our relationship.
Recently I found out she's been "playing" with guys online.
we've decided to seperate "for a while".
We have two girls 5 and 9 yrs.
I love my wife more than life and I am feeling consumed by my thoughts and sadness.

I rarely found the need to cry, but now ...
I cry at work, home, driving. I cry at stupid tv shows and movies.
I can't make the pain go away.

I wrote a poem, titled "blinded boyish views", for my wife, but haven't been able to show it to her yet..I have posted it in main forum.

[This message has been edited by Gumpy (11-09-2007 01:12 AM).]

© Copyright 2007 GJW - All Rights Reserved
moondogz
since 2007-05-01
Posts 397
Great White North
1 posted 2007-11-08 05:55 AM

Gumpy that is totally depressing...I feel for you. Is the internet not "The devils playground?"  It is just waaaaaaaay to easy to go astray these days. I've discovered myself that the internet is as addicting as any drug...very scary. Have you thought about any support groups? Anyway keep us posted as to how u r doing and welcome to pip talk.
Susan Caldwell
Member Rara Avis
since 2002-12-27
Posts 8348
Florida
2 posted 2007-11-08 09:53 AM

In my opinion, the internet is but a symptom of the problem.

What is missing that she finds she must go outside of her marriage?  (this is not to say it is any one persons fault).

Only honesty will uncover whether the marriage can be saved.  

No matter what happens, it does get better.  Really.  

"too bad ignorance isn't painful"
~Unknown~

Seeker72
since 2007-02-24
Posts 387
Oregon USA
3 posted 2007-11-08 10:24 AM

The internet gives those that fear cheating the first step without feeling like they have done something wrong.

It gives a person this false belief that they are doing nothing wrong, then by the time comes they are so deep in lust that it no longer matters.

As mentioned no one person is to blame, you must judge yourself as you judge your wife.

Ask yourself one question though. (Unless you know the answer already.)

How is it that you were able to find out what she was doing?

Did she leave tracks?

Most cases of people cheating online that I know of, they tend to cover their actions pretty well. (Unless they want to be caught.)

The Internet can be an addictive little bugger.

Personally I think it just might be the Antichrist.

I hope things improve for you.

Essorant
Member Elite
since 2002-08-10
Posts 4769
Regina, Saskatchewan; Canada
4 posted 2007-11-08 09:22 PM

If the problem happens through the internet then you need to cut the internet out of your lives.  She needs to stop using the internet and start speaking her feelings more fully to you.

Gumpy
since 2007-11-06
Posts 143
Canada
5 posted 2007-11-09 01:06 AM

Thank you all for the words of wisdom.
Very kind.
Time will tell I guess.

[This message has been edited by Gumpy (11-10-2007 06:11 AM).]

Seeker72
since 2007-02-24
Posts 387
Oregon USA
6 posted 2007-11-09 01:41 AM

Time will tell.

Still.... Actions speak louder than words.

;-)

lightkeeper
since 2006-09-13
Posts 100
pluto
7 posted 2007-11-10 04:47 AM

Believe it or not ...crying.... is a good and healthy reponse.Alot of the time people bottle up their emotions... they hide their pain.. crying does not make you weak... it makes you stronger....
Supressed emotions can manifest into illnesses...... they can be like toxins that need to find a release and so they find a way and usually at the cost of ones health.So believe me crying is good.
  Now i know in crying you may feel like you are coming to terms with this ...maybe you feel its like  as though you are preparing for the worse.... but if she loves you as much as you love her ... you will both find a way to work through this....
  What you need to do is take a real good look at your relationship.. there may have been times when she tried to tell you something was wrong... we get so easily absorbed at times that we fail to see the signs....  You need to reflect and understand... you both need to be able to connect and feel free to express how you feel without judgement.... sometimes we also fail to see the importance of something for someone that ourselves we consider is not.... What is important to your wife ..great or small is important to you and vice versa.

I send you both positive love and light to help heal what has past and to pathe the way for your future.

Love to both you and your loved ones

Bernadette x

Gumpy
since 2007-11-06
Posts 143
Canada
8 posted 2007-11-10 06:16 AM

Thank you Bernadette.
Your words are meaningful. Thank you for them.

TomMark
Member Elite
since 2007-07-27
Posts 2133
LA,CA
9 posted 2007-11-10 08:12 AM

try your best to save your marriage. Countinue to love her and care about her.

Gumpy
since 2007-11-06
Posts 143
Canada
10 posted 2007-11-10 08:00 PM

Thanks Tom.
My love for her is unconditional.
I couldn't stop loving her if I tried to.
I am, and will contintue, to do everything in my power to save what we have.

Falling rain
Deputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Elite
since 2008-01-31
Posts 2178
Small town, Illinois
11 posted 2008-02-01 11:17 AM

save the marriage.

Talk to her find out why she did it

Talk about to see if you did anything wrong.

see if you can fix this.

I know you probably thought about these but thats the only advise i have ot help you, sorry if came as no help to your situation.

~Zach~

Bob K
Member Elite
since 2007-11-03
Posts 4208

12 posted 2008-02-02 06:13 AM

Dear Grumpy,

Do both of you want to save the marriage?

Two kids might not be enough of a reason.  I'd think twice about whether it was this relationship you want to save.  This relationship hasn't allowed her to approach you to talk about what she sees as issues in the relationship.  This relationship hasn't allowed you to see a woman driven far enough outside her usual comfort zones to consider having an affair without discussing problem areas first.  To go back to this relationship would hardly be a dandy idea.  To make this thing work, the two of you are going to have to create a new relationship for yourselves with different ways of dealing with each other built in as a matter of both comfort and choice.

Going back to what you've got now is a losing proposition.  It doesn't bring joy to either of you.
You need to know what has closed her down to the relationship process when the process has most needed openness from both of you.  She needs to know what's made you difficult to address with her concerns.  Is it only your wife, or is it possible other folks may have trouble talking with you?  Is your wife this frightened in all situations, or is it only certain kinds of situations that make her shy about talking?

Why no see if you can find some good couples' counseling?  And try to imagine what kind of a relationship both of you would be thrilled at being in with each other.  Why settle for the stuff that made you this uncomfortable in the first place?  Why not ask yourselves, both of you, what would make this the relationship of your dreams.  What would you get from each other and what would you give?  

There's nothing wrong with some appropriate suffering here; as long as you let it motivate the two of you into working out a healthy and reasonably happy solution, the suffering can be quite productive.  There are loads of good counselors about.  Check out one or two until the two of you find somebody you can both work with productively.  If things work well, you'll both come out of this feeling more alive and hopeful.  No reason that shouldn't happen.    

Bob K
Member Elite
since 2007-11-03
Posts 4208

13 posted 2008-02-02 06:15 AM

Dear Grumpy,

Do both of you want to save the marriage?

Two kids might not be enough of a reason.  I'd think twice about whether it was this relationship you want to save.  This relationship hasn't allowed her to approach you to talk about what she sees as issues in the relationship.  This relationship hasn't allowed you to see a woman driven far enough outside her usual comfort zones to consider having an affair without discussing problem areas first.  To go back to this relationship would hardly be a dandy idea.  To make this thing work, the two of you are going to have to create a new relationship for yourselves with different ways of dealing with each other built in as a matter of both comfort and choice.

Going back to what you've got now is a losing proposition.  It doesn't bring joy to either of you.
You need to know what has closed her down to the relationship process when the process has most needed openness from both of you.  She needs to know what's made you difficult to address with her concerns.  Is it only your wife, or is it possible other folks may have trouble talking with you?  Is your wife this frightened in all situations, or is it only certain kinds of situations that make her shy about talking?

Why no see if you can find some good couples' counseling?  And try to imagine what kind of a relationship both of you would be thrilled at being in with each other.  Why settle for the stuff that made you this uncomfortable in the first place?  Why not ask yourselves, both of you, what would make this the relationship of your dreams.  What would you get from each other and what would you give?  

There's nothing wrong with some appropriate suffering here; as long as you let it motivate the two of you into working out a healthy and reasonably happy solution, the suffering can be quite productive.  There are loads of good counselors about.  Check out one or two until the two of you find somebody you can both work with productively.  If things work well, you'll both come out of this feeling more alive and hopeful.  No reason that shouldn't happen.  

sandgrain
Member Elite
since 1999-09-21
Posts 3662
Sycamore, IL, USA
14 posted 2008-02-03 03:04 PM

I'm sorry for your sad situation.  One of the hardest things seems to be facing that some just don't understand or know what true love is.  They look only for how they feel emotionally...if not happy, they look elsewhere instead of trying to solve the problems.  Often the reason they're not happy is because they have little invested in the marriage.  Seems it's most often the 'takers' who stray off for romance.  The 'givers'are always striving to make the 'takers' content.  

Because God loves us, is no guarantee we'll all love Him back so don't feel you can control the situation.  It has to be your wife's desire to mend this before any counceling will do anything toward that end.

God bless you,
  Rae

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Discussion » Feelings » Hard to deal with

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary