navwin » Discussion » Feelings » Appeal
Feelings
Post A Reply Post New Topic Appeal Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Huan Yi
Member Ascendant
since 2004-10-12
Posts 6688
Waukegan

0 posted 2006-12-26 07:58 PM

Do women really have a problem
being physically/sexually attractive?

I remember reading the quote of someone
famous that her fantasy was to be wanted
only for her body.

Does any woman physically attractive to men
wish truly otherwise.   Seems the solution is easy;
Kentucky fried peanut butter sandwiches!

© Copyright 2006 John Pawlik - All Rights Reserved
Stephanos
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Elite
since 2000-07-31
Posts 3618
Statesboro, GA, USA
1 posted 2006-12-27 11:23 PM

I could be wrong John, as I'm NOT a woman.  But I am married to a darned good one.    

I don't think I would be too wrong in saying that women don't tend to shun being sexually attractive ... but they wouldn't want that to be the only thing, or even the main thing.

And that makes sense if sexuality is not a stand-alone pleasure, but something which should always be accompanied by respect, devotion, commitment.  To borrow your terminology to "fatten" my argument; if sex is no more than a deep fried PBJ, then a woman feels debased and dehumanized.

Hey don't get mad ... no ladies were takers on this one.    

Stephen.

sandgrain
Member Elite
since 1999-09-21
Posts 3662
Sycamore, IL, USA
2 posted 2006-12-28 03:07 PM

I recall my beautiful dearest HS friend  wishing guys could look beyond a girls face and body.  She was fed up with dating because of her popularity for being a beauty.  Rightly so, as egotists have such narrow, surface vision, every female's viewed for their physical pleasure.

Rae

serenity blaze
Member Empyrean
since 2000-02-02
Posts 27738

3 posted 2006-12-28 06:31 PM

Are you suggesting that overweight women are not sexually attractive, John?

Huan Yi
Member Ascendant
since 2004-10-12
Posts 6688
Waukegan
4 posted 2006-12-28 06:35 PM

Big women scare me . . .

serenity blaze
Member Empyrean
since 2000-02-02
Posts 27738

5 posted 2006-12-28 07:05 PM

Some clarification please.

How big is "big"?

Huan Yi
Member Ascendant
since 2004-10-12
Posts 6688
Waukegan
6 posted 2006-12-28 07:10 PM

Where your always first impression is one
of overwhelming burden.

What is your notion of "overweight"?

serenity blaze
Member Empyrean
since 2000-02-02
Posts 27738

7 posted 2006-12-28 07:20 PM

"Where your always first impression is one
of overwhelming burden  ."

I assume by "your"--you mean YOUR first impression John.

I could say that my first impression of you, for example, would be that it would be entirely possible to conclude that the first impression that you convey, as evidenced by your posts, is that you are emotionally overwhelmingly burdened.

I could say that--but I won't.

You took a personal prediliction and generalized it, yet again, and in so doing, assume yourself spokesman for the male gender. I happen to know there are those who would protest.

A long time ago I wondered if you were deliberately insulting or just socially inept. As Ron pointed out in another thread, it is possible for both answers to be correct.

tsk to you, John.

The only thing that you have clarified for me is how shallow a viewpoint you maintain at times.

*nod*

No wonder you're vague.

It's sort of like wearing black for the slenderizing effect...

No wonder you are a bachelor too.

Please refrain from reproduction, John.

You might actually have a daughter yanno.

I would hope not.

The largest sex organ is the human brain, John. You might wanna get in some exercize dear.

Huan Yi
Member Ascendant
since 2004-10-12
Posts 6688
Waukegan
8 posted 2006-12-28 07:29 PM

Well, so be it . . .

serenity blaze
Member Empyrean
since 2000-02-02
Posts 27738

9 posted 2006-12-28 08:14 PM

Ah.

I see you edited to ask me to define what I mean by overweight.

I can't answer that for anyone other than myself-are you a physician John?

Proper weight is as different as our very bones.

I can answer for myself though.

Am I overweight? Yes, the doctor and I have concluded that I am overweight.

I can add though, that my size has varied, since, well, conception.

My size is not my the focus of my medical treatment right now. (I was more surprised than you might be, considering I am a high risk cancer, heart disease, and diabetes candidate.) But Nope. He is not concerned.

The doctor is more concerned that I am apparently malnourished. Again.

Seems that the body takes note of caloric intakes and adjusts the metabolism accordingly. But my doctor, like anybody with half a brain, addressed me as an entity unto myself--and yanno? He didn't even tell me to quit smoking--yet.

He did not hand me a diet. He told me what to add though.

He did not tell me to stop eating.

It might surprise you to know that he prescribed a vitamin and told me to change one thing--eat breakfast.

Then he congratulated me too, because for the first time since I was ten years old I can say that I am not on any street drugs. (No, Not even POT. and if I type that grumpily so be it. )

I want you to understand something John.

Right now? I can pick up the phone, and have any drug I want. Anything. Delivered to me.

Let's suppose I wanted to attract someone who shares your viewpoint.

I can have a rock of crack cocaine in five minutes.

But I won't.

Now if you saw me somewhere, and judged my character, my willpower, by the size of me now, you might say "that woman has no restraint".

Consider how much restraint I am demonstrating to live INSIDE of the drug/cookie jar and not partake.

But you wouldn't know that unless you took the time to talk to me. You wouldn't know how much I would love to take a "mini-vacation in my mind". You wouldn't know that my weight is a direct result of a chemical meltdown inside of my body.

You should, really THINK, John.

Or should I go score some crack and laxatives? I looked so good back then, size four, but those pesky seizures really put a damper on my sex life.

tsk...to both of us.

I'll make a deal with you.

I won't pass judgement on your emotional stability by virtue of cyber appearance if you don't pass judgement on mine by virtue of my physical appearance.

Huan Yi
Member Ascendant
since 2004-10-12
Posts 6688
Waukegan
10 posted 2006-12-28 08:19 PM

When did I make a comment about you?
I've never seen you.

serenity blaze
Member Empyrean
since 2000-02-02
Posts 27738

11 posted 2006-12-28 08:26 PM

If you persist in generalizations, I must counter with personalization.

Go in peace John, and remember the Boti tree...

Stephanos
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Elite
since 2000-07-31
Posts 3618
Statesboro, GA, USA
12 posted 2006-12-28 10:39 PM

Ron,  Anybody seen that little padlock thingie?

lol.

Stephen.

serenity blaze
Member Empyrean
since 2000-02-02
Posts 27738

13 posted 2006-12-28 10:48 PM

*sniff*

"He" started it.

And I'll agree to a lock on the thread, because we do agree on something--he's never seen me.

He doesn't know that he hasn't--I could be his next door neighbor for all he knows--but with this sort of bias? He will never "see"--me.

LeeJ
Member Patricius
since 2003-06-19
Posts 13296

14 posted 2007-01-03 07:33 AM

I must say honestly, I agree with Stephanoes...and Karen

"I don't think I would be too wrong in saying that women don't tend to shun being sexually attractive ... but they wouldn't want that to be the only thing, or even the main thing".

Yet, I believe there are woman out there who feel it is their main duty and sole purpose to be sexually attractive to men?  But then, I suggest they find a good counselor...

But there is more, so much more...all in moderation...desire is the want of a thing, that sometimes can't be had....yet all things in moderation, meld and make one whole....and true love, true love blended with physical bonding, to me, is like a trip to the stars...or perhaps a spiritual love that God had meant for us...

to me and for me, I could care less who is sexually attracted to me, and depending on who the person might be, find it insulting...I'd much rather be admired for who I am, what I think & believe and how I present myself to situations...socially, handle family situations...my strengths, and yes, even my weaknesses and by God, there are both men and women (believe it or not) who do not have sex permantely tatooed into their foreheads...

I admire strength, confidence...intellectual conversation....

John, in this as in most of your questions...
there is no wrong or right answer...

[This message has been edited by LeeJ (01-03-2007 08:05 AM).]

sandgrain
Member Elite
since 1999-09-21
Posts 3662
Sycamore, IL, USA
15 posted 2007-01-03 02:44 PM

Amen to Lee's quote:

"But there is more, so much more...all in moderation...desire is the want of a thing, that sometimes can't be had....yet all things in moderation, meld and make one whole....and true love, true love blended with physical bonding, to me, is like a trip to the stars...or perhaps a spiritual love that God had meant for us...

to me and for me, I could care less who is sexually attracted to me, and depending on who the person might be, find it insulting...I'd much rather be admired for who I am, what I think & believe and how I present myself to situations...socially, handle family situations...my strengths, and yes, even my weaknesses and by God, there are both men and women (believe it or not) who do not have sex permantely tatooed into their foreheads...

I admire strength, confidence...intellectual conversation...."

Rae

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Discussion » Feelings » Appeal

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary