navwin » Discussion » Feelings » Last laugh
Feelings
Post A Reply Post New Topic Last laugh Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
latearrival
Member Ascendant
since 2003-03-21
Posts 5499
Florida

0 posted 2006-12-06 10:42 AM

From a clown friend of my brother's, letter just recieved from him to my niece.....

...thought of you several times lately...First of all I went to Hospice House on Thanksgiving and sat with a lady who's husband was near the end.  She happens to be a volunteer at Hospice herself.  We got talking and she told me a story I must share with you.   Your Dad came in on Tuesday night and Wednesday morning she was "on duty" as a server.  She went into his room and introduced herself to him and they chatted.   He said "I haven't talked to my wife in twenty five years".   She told him how sorry she was to hear that and his reply was "I can't get a word in edgewise".   So they talked some more and he said to her "Will you always remember who I am?"   She assured that certainly would.   She took his breakfast order and as she was leaving the room he said "Knock, knock!"  She said "who's there?" to which he responded "I thought you said you were always going to remember who I am!".   She told me that she would always remember him because he was dying and he made her laugh twice.  She said she continues to remember him in her prayers.   Her husband died the next day..I went to the calling hours and learned during the service that she is an ex-nun..her prayers should be very powerful.     Then, last Saturday I went to do a Toys for Tots event in Leesburg at the Harley Davidson store.  There were hundreds and hundreds of motorcycles and riders.  Thought of Snapshot the whole day...I'm sure he was there with me...he would have been in "hog heaven".      Had to share with you.

My brother was a certified clown and drove a Gold Wing Honda...Hence the mention.. As A clown he was called "Snapshot" because he was also a photographer and had made a huge styrofoam camera he used in his act. Best to all love, martyjo

© Copyright 2006 martyjo - All Rights Reserved
Sunshine
Administrator
Member Empyrean
since 1999-06-25
Posts 63354
Listening to every heart
1 posted 2006-12-06 03:16 PM

latearrival
Member Ascendant
since 2003-03-21
Posts 5499
Florida
2 posted 2006-12-07 02:38 AM

Thank you  for reading. I thought it was nice of Sassy to send this to my niece.. martyjo  
LeeJ
Member Patricius
since 2003-06-19
Posts 13296

3 posted 2007-01-04 06:54 PM

Martie Jo, just saw this and had to comment...
I'm hugging you....

thank you for sharing this

Luv
Me

latearrival
Member Ascendant
since 2003-03-21
Posts 5499
Florida
4 posted 2007-01-05 11:36 AM

Thank you Lee. I though it interesting.  
Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Discussion » Feelings » Last laugh

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary