navwin » Discussion » Feelings » I need your help!
Feelings
Post A Reply Post New Topic I need your help! Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
karatehottie
since 2006-11-07
Posts 1
Tennessee

0 posted 2006-11-08 02:28 PM

Hi, my name is DJ and I am new to this site. I've been reading a lot of poems and stories on this site and you all are great writers. However I am not and I need everyone's help. I am an art student and I am doing a project about moving to a new state and the feelings and emotions that go along with the whole process. The project consists of comparing and contrasting the emotions about each place. I am 22 years old and will be moving away from home for the first time. This project is based on the emotions of leaving everything you've ever known and going to a new place. If you could please help me come up with some emotions and phrases I would greatly appreciate it. I'll give some examples of what I have already so you can get a better idea of what I am talking about. Thanks so much.

Home New State
Family Friends
Traditions New Experiences
Familiar Confusing
MemoriesBig Dreams
Anxious Scared
Never Forget Never Look Back
Youth Adulthood

© Copyright 2006 karatehottie - All Rights Reserved
Larry C
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Patricius
since 2001-09-10
Posts 10286
United States
1 posted 2006-11-08 04:03 PM

karatehottie,
The general consensus here is to be excited that you have been motivated to write. However, I believe you will find that here no one writes by proxie. It would be our desire that you explore for yourself the chance to write which will provide you a great opportunity to learn. And that is the purpose of the assignment in the first place. I wish you lots of luck with your project and truly hope you enjoy the learning experience. Welcome to Passions and I hope you choose to be an active, contributing member.

If tears could build a stairway and memories a lane,
I'd walk right up to heaven and bring you home again.

Decaflame
since 2001-05-11
Posts 1635

2 posted 2006-11-14 05:39 PM

1.  Use a Thesaurus.

2.  If you've time, share your draft here for input, possibly getting yeas on your strong points, nays on your soft areas.

3.  Use a Thesaurus.

4.  Never expect anyone to do your homework for you.

5.  Good luck!

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Discussion » Feelings » I need your help!

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary