navwin » Discussion » Feelings » scared and in need of some help
Feelings
Post A Reply Post New Topic scared and in need of some help Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Kimberly ann
since 2006-05-29
Posts 61

0 posted 2006-07-17 12:02 PM

I'm scared to get close to anyone again. My heart is broken into millions of pieces. I'm scared to love anyone again. I don't think I can take being hurt and again, along with the pain. so many people have hurt me.I'm tired of it! And I'm scared. I don't anything to do with love anymore. Its hurt me 1 to many times. I've always had the biggest heartbut now I want to give it back! I'm scared to love again..........................................
is that so bad?

© Copyright 2006 Kimberly ann - All Rights Reserved
LeeJ
Member Patricius
since 2003-06-19
Posts 13296

1 posted 2006-07-17 10:46 AM

there are many reasons why I don't wish to marry or date again...

one of them is fear

...so I'm not qualified to answer your question, except to say...perhaps you shouldn't worry about finding someone to love and love you in return, perhaps you should concentrate on your life, your goals, your dreams and fulfill them...in the meantime, growth might change your mind...

Again, I say, we are a society driven people who seem  to urge our young people into believing if they are not married, they are not successful

That is so wrong, and we tend to make choices simply because we're seeking approval.  Can't tell you how many people have told me in my lifetime, they married b/c their families expected them to, b/c they were dating for a while, etc.  

Perhaps to, some professional counseling would help you find your way, a start to soul searching, understanding you were hurt, perhaps b/c of choices you made, choosing the wrong people, people who did not deserve you and took advantage of your trust and kind heart...remember, people are who they were raised to be...we parrot our parents and role models growing up...so, people cannot give, what they've never known...

In my case, I enjoy single life, making my own decissions, going when and where and what time I like...I was married when I was 17 and never had the luxury of being alone, I call it, my quality time

I think it best to say, learn first, why you gave your heart to these people who hurt you, and go from there?  Who were they?  Were they capable of caring for themselves, let alone you...did they respect themselves...were they good with who they were, or were they void of confidence, patience, understanding...Did you have anything in common?  Did you share compatible morals, beliefs...?  Did you share the same interests?  

The best way to find answers is to delve into you and get to know you...then the answers will come...don't ever compromise your identity for anyone, and most of all, be honest with yourself, don't live in self persecution...or beat yourself up...there isn't anything you cannot do, if you put you mind to it...

Hugs
Me

[This message has been edited by LeeJ (07-17-2006 11:23 AM).]

Kimberly ann
since 2006-05-29
Posts 61

2 posted 2006-07-17 12:49 PM

thanks and the only reason i'm so scared is because i just got my heart broken(teenage stuff) and now my brother that walked out on me when i was ten and really hurt me wants me back into his life. but i don't want to take the chance on getting hurt by him again!

kimy

Greeneyes
Deputy Moderator 50 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Rara Avis
since 2000-09-09
Posts 9903
In Your Poetic Mind
3 posted 2006-07-18 07:07 PM

quote:
To love is to risk not being loved in return. To hope is to risk pain. To try is to risk failure, but risk must be taken because the greatest hazard in life is to risk nothing.

And so it those we live with
and should know who elude us
But we can still love them
we can love completely
without complete understanding

pen&paper
since 2006-06-06
Posts 513

4 posted 2006-08-29 04:55 PM

i agree with Greeneyes!
nick_lyss
since 2006-08-21
Posts 88

5 posted 2006-09-03 11:14 PM

i afraid to date again too. i know what you are going through. when i was dating my ex i was so afraid to get attach to him because my friends were saying things like hes cheating on you and he was.so now im afraid to date again because i dont want to get hurt again.
Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Discussion » Feelings » scared and in need of some help

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary