navwin » Discussion » Feelings » Looking for help
Feelings
Post A Reply Post New Topic Looking for help Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Silent Prisoner
since 2006-02-15
Posts 39
Around Somewhere

0 posted 2006-06-29 04:45 PM

It's been a long time since I have written, but that is not why I am here.

I lost my faith awhile ago. I guess it got lost in all the pain, anger, and confusion that I was and partly still am feeling. My best friend recently told me that I should start trying to believe again and to forgive God and not blame him for what has happened. I want to do as her advise said; it's just that I'm not sure where to really start. Or really if it is even possible to be forgiven. I don't want to offened anyone by this post; I am just looking for anyone who cares to comment for some advice. Please help

"I will give you my strength and my will to live strong."

© Copyright 2006 Silent Prisoner - All Rights Reserved
Kimberly ann
since 2006-05-29
Posts 61

1 posted 2006-06-29 07:41 PM

i had this happen to me and i am stilling getting over it. heres wat i did....u will forgive him in time. i learned this:  every thing happens for a reason. i got this from a friend when i was down on god. god has a reason for things. so forgive him in your own time on your own will.
good luck
kimi

latteaddict213
Deputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
since 2006-02-17
Posts 523
Colorado
2 posted 2006-07-01 12:01 PM

Hey, I see where your coming from. If you ever need an internet shoulder to cry internet tears on or if you just want to talk, I'm here.

Jessica    

sandgrain
Member Elite
since 1999-09-21
Posts 3662
Sycamore, IL, USA
3 posted 2006-07-02 12:42 PM

Sorry to hear you've had some rough times resulting in weakened faith.

God is much like gravity, steady, constant holding everything in order for each of us. We've all skinned our knees or worse from a fall.  That wasn't gravity's fault, nor is it God's fault when something happens that we don't like.

The "Spiritual Journey's" forum is a great place for inspiration and strengthening our faith.

God bless

Rae

The Shadow in Blue
since 2006-05-18
Posts 493
EL, Michigan
4 posted 2006-07-02 06:17 PM

It is sometimes hard to let go of the past and just forget and forgive. Everyone loses faith at some point in their lives, but they always have someone to lean on (ie:friends,family). And to answer your question on if it is possible to be forgiven, it is. All you can do is hope for the best and try to move on. I wish you the best of luck and offer you another internet shoulder.

~Jill

gyrl_blue
since 2006-06-15
Posts 20
Stuck In Reality
5 posted 2006-07-03 05:09 AM

God always forgives us, if we'd ask... No matter how far we think we've come (seemingly) on our own, or strayed down the opposite path, He waits for us just to turn around and SEE...That He's right there with open arms. You may not know what to say or how to begin, but posting here for advice already says He wants you back (because you're trying). Talking to him about why you feel the way you do as if He were a friend sitting there next to you helps alot and its a real start. Recite prayers you know and listening to songs of worship also helps...If you dont want to talk, you can write Him a letter in a bowl of water...  

-No Stranger To The Rain-

LeeJ
Member Patricius
since 2003-06-19
Posts 13296

6 posted 2006-07-06 06:57 AM

I'm sorry for your present situation, and hope that I may be able to help shed some light on this issue...

I don't believe even in the darkest of nights, that it's God's fault for anything that man chooses to find...God puts us here on earth, gives us the blessing of life, and it's totally up to us to do with it what we like.

In other words, what I'm trying to explain is this...we (you and I) make the choices in our lives...which effect our lives in very big ways, both good and bad, and we learn from those choices.  We are always and forever, no matter how old we grow, like children learning.  Constantly growing, until the very day we die.  

Now, if we're children, being abused by parents who are dysfunctional, then that to, is not caused by God, but caused by the adults who should take the loving responsiblity to take care of their children, and if they are not, then they should be reported so that perhaps they can be helped.

If it is a situation, where we've lost a loved one, I still believe, God does not take life, he grants us the blessings of life to do with it as we so choose, but death is part of life, either by an accident, or by natural causes...which is difficult for any human being to accept.

We as humans have this obsession, ( I think) with always wanting to blame something or someone for our pain, even ex lovers, husbands, friends...etc, when in fact, (depending on the issue) the pain is caused by our choices...as it is no one else's job to make us happy, save us from despair, self persecution, guilt.  

My suggestion would be to firmly say, what and who do YOU Believe in?  Its first gotta be yourself...if not, then I suggest you try and find out why?  Through counseling, or discussing the issues with a person trained to help you along the way.

But basically, ask yourself what does the word Faith Mean?

The following are definitions....

belief or trust: belief in, devotion to, or trust in somebody or something, especially without logical proof
I wouldn't put my faith in him to straighten things out.

2. religion or religious group: a system of religious belief, or the group of people who adhere to it

3. trust in God: belief in and devotion to God
Her faith is unwavering.

4. set of beliefs: a strongly held set of beliefs or principles
people of different political faiths

5. loyalty: allegiance or loyalty to somebody or something

My feelings on this subject are this....
If you don't believe in yourself, if you cannot be loyal to yourself and love yourself, then how can you have faith in someone else, or expect any relationship in your life to be accomplished and productive?

Again, so so many people today, believe, truly believe by walking into a love relationship, that the other person is going to free them from all they're pain...
The other person will not, cannot and unfortunately, the relationship will be contaminated from the very beginning.  You, my dear friend, "are your own keeper" and you should never "expect" someone to speak for you, take care of you, bring you out of trouble, or gain a free ride the rest of your life from others...you are what you believe, and anyting in life you gain, must be worked for, sometimes...no, most of the time, worked for very very hard.  Nothing is worth anything if you don't work for it, even personal growth.    

No other person, not even God will bring your faith back..."you and you alone, must accomplish that"  And that my friend, is one of the miracles of life...to learn to love yourself, not to the point of being narcissistic, arrogant or aloof, but loving yourself humble, being comfortable with  who you are, knowing yourself, is one of the greatest accomplishments, knowing your own desires, your capablities, your needs, and your greatest purpose...when this happens, all else falls into place, you become confident and comfortable with who you are, your choices in friends will be realistic, and you will gravitate towards those who will also be a very significant part of your journey, instead of compromising your identity to have friends in your life...you don't need the approval of others to accomplish and be happy...what you need though, is faith in your heart in YOU.

I hope, after reading this, and the comments of others, you will gain some light on this issue.

Hugs & much love sent your way for many fulfilling and happy days ahead.
Lee J.

Silent Prisoner
since 2006-02-15
Posts 39
Around Somewhere
7 posted 2006-07-06 11:10 AM

Thank you all for your kind words and advise. While we all do have to learn sometimes there are just some lessons a lot harder than others. Thsnk you all again. ~Silent

"I will give you my strength and my will to live strong."

sandgrain
Member Elite
since 1999-09-21
Posts 3662
Sycamore, IL, USA
8 posted 2006-08-07 11:07 AM

Another suggestion.  Change your name from Prisoner, to "Freed one" or "Happiness" or anything more upbeat. It's all part of how you see yourself.

Now a question.  Has the help offered here really been of any help to you, or do you feel others are not understanding how you feel?

Rae

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Discussion » Feelings » Looking for help

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary