navwin » Discussion » Feelings » Fickled Fate
Feelings
Post A Reply Post New Topic Fickled Fate Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
The Shadow in Blue
since 2006-05-18
Posts 493
EL, Michigan

0 posted 2006-06-10 05:58 PM

I wondered if any of you had advice for someone who
fell in love with their best friend, but really shouldn't have because they were taken. This may sound silly but I guess I just have been preoccupied with these thoughts as of late. I mean I want him to be happy and all, but I want him to be happy with me...

I mean he has been dating this girl for almost a year and loves her completely, but there is just something about the sincerity of her love that has been getting to him. I was basically wondering what I should do, if anything, to show that I care for him...

Oh the fickled fate of high school love...darn you cupid...

/\/The Editing Queen\/\

It's strange that words are so inadequate. Yet, like the asthmatic struggling for breath, so the lover must struggle for wo

© Copyright 2006 Jill Slamka - All Rights Reserved
Kimberly ann
since 2006-05-29
Posts 61

1 posted 2006-06-16 12:09 PM

yeah i know what thats like..but in the end...i got him and still do...i would just be there for him as much as possible. about the i want him to be happy. Well if hes happy then there's nothing RIGHT NOW you can do except when things go wrong be there.
good luck
kimy

LeeJ
Member Patricius
since 2003-06-19
Posts 13296

2 posted 2006-06-16 06:39 AM

hello and good morning

my suggestion would be this

if you love him, really love him, then you would want him to be happy...and would do nothing to interfer with that happiness or that relationship now existing...

and whose to say, he would be happy with you in a romantic relationship?...remember for his sake, to ask yourself that question.  If you interfer, in the present time, you might not only loose him as a perspective boyfriend, but also as a very good and dear friend?

as far as the sincerity of "her" love for him, allow the both of them to work it out...or not...

sometimes, we mistake the a dear friendship with the opposite sex, as a romantic attraction...later we find out, although we were very close friends, and we loved each other dearly as friends, we had nothing in common with each other....compatibility is very essential in a relationship.  If you don't think somewhat alike on the same issues, there may be friction down the road????  If you don't enjoy or have the same interests, hobbies, down the road, you may go off in seperate directions...

If you allow him now,
all will work out, one way or the other,
in the meantime,
enjoy life and consider what you are planning to do for your future...
energize in other areas and have fun with life...

whatever you do, I wish you the best...and hope all will work out in the end, probably will hun, it usually always does.  Be patient and don't interfer with the lives of others to gain your desires...if you do, in the end, you might end up one very sad person for doing so...remember, these are only my thoughts, the way I would handle it, you have to do what you must do...and learn from every action and step you take along the way.

Good Luck

The Shadow in Blue
since 2006-05-18
Posts 493
EL, Michigan
3 posted 2006-06-16 05:43 PM

Thanks for the replies and thoughts guys. I appreciate it vastly.I guess I agree with both of you, but the sad thing is we both had crushes on each other before, but our timing was off. I know I should move on and that's what I've been trying to do, but just some part of my heart will always be reserved for him. I actually have an opportunity to move on and start a relationship other then friendship with another friend right now, but I don't always get the same spark from him as I do with my best friend.

*sigh*

To quote Shakespeare,""My only love sprung from my only hate; too early unknown and known too late."

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Discussion » Feelings » Fickled Fate

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary