navwin » Discussion » Feelings » A lasting impression
Feelings
Post A Reply Post New Topic A lasting impression Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Christioned
since 2004-01-15
Posts 93
Huddling in the dark

0 posted 2005-12-01 08:31 PM

I've noticed something lately. Every person that you get close to in your life leave a lasting imprint. wheither it be a small imprint or a larger imfluence.

I mention this because I've only known a certain friend of mine for less than a year and already she has changed me in more ways than one. I have quit so many things that I used to do.

I guess I just don't understand how one person that I haven't known for that long can do things for me that people who've known me for years have failed to do. It just makes no sense to me at all.

"It's my curse to constantly be in battle with Him."- Me

© Copyright 2005 Andi Rex - All Rights Reserved
Soulfisher
since 2005-01-07
Posts 226
where ever the fly fishing is good
1 posted 2005-12-02 02:32 AM

I guess that's why its called love my friend, and may you forever be impressionable in her hands.
LeeJ
Member Patricius
since 2003-06-19
Posts 13296

2 posted 2005-12-02 08:36 AM

apparently you value her opinion and are very impressed with the way she lives her life, perhaps by example, instead of by advice?  It is human nature to want to be more like someone other then who you are, expecially if you are aware enough to notice that this person is kind, is not a follower, but is perfectly comfortable with self along with possessing confidence.  I believe that people are brought in are lives as tools or examples to help us change if we so wish...sometimes their prensence in our lives is a lifelong friendship/relationship, and sometimes their presence is fleeting...due to life's future plans for that person?

Not strange at all, perhaps, to your maturing...but, if we take the time to notice...and observe, instead of being intimidated by these blessed souls...then from them we will grown, as you are doing.

Hugs to you

sandgrain
Member Elite
since 1999-09-21
Posts 3662
Sycamore, IL, USA
3 posted 2005-12-02 12:40 PM

Immediately, I thought of the Boy's Town saying, "He's not heavy, he's my brother."  Love can cause good or not so good things to progress, but nonetheless, that's why they say love is blind.  

I firmly believe God puts people in our path for a reason.  I've had some unbelievable experiences with this happening.

What's most amazing is learning you have strengths you never knew you possessed.

Still thanking God,

Rae

Juju
Member Elite
since 2003-12-29
Posts 3429
In your dreams
4 posted 2005-12-02 08:14 PM

Well it is perfectly normal.  We as human beings constantly change and in the end really just want to be as perfect as possable.  when we see things we like and veiw as perfect we admire them.

Juju - 1.) a magic charm or fetish 2.)Magic 3.)A taboo connected woth the use of magic

The dictionary never lies.... I am magical (;

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Discussion » Feelings » A lasting impression

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary