navwin » Discussion » Feelings » A Thanks Giving
Feelings
Post A Reply Post New Topic A Thanks Giving Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Susan Caldwell
Member Rara Avis
since 2002-12-27
Posts 8348
Florida

0 posted 2005-11-23 10:27 AM

I am not sure about anyone else, but I know that my life seems to be a magnet for drama.  

*shrug*  

I do my best then move on.

But tomorrow is Thanksgiving and I wanted to hopefully start a thread where we pipsters tell what we are grateful for this year (in spite of our personal drama and world events).

I will start:

On a personal level:

First and foremost, my Granddaughter, who was born earlier this year.  Life is so much better with her cute little face in it.

My children, as trying as they can be at times, I would be but a shell without them.

My boyfriend, who has taught me that there are still good men out there...(back off! I am keeping this one!)

My Sisters...often times siblings do not get along and I am very grateful that my two sisters and I do.

My friends...you know who you are...how would I have made it through without your support?

On a pip level:

This web site for allowing me a place to vent, and absorb.

The people on it for befriending me and supporting me.

I am very thankful that all the pipsters affected by this years numerous hurricanes/tornadoes are still with us...

I guess the message here that I am trying to send is, it's been a tough year for everyone and yet here we are...still sharing and touching and that is what is important.  

"too bad ignorance isn't painful"
~Unknown~

© Copyright 2005 Susan Caldwell - All Rights Reserved
Sunshine
Administrator
Member Empyrean
since 1999-06-25
Posts 63354
Listening to every heart
1 posted 2005-11-23 10:41 AM

quote:
I guess the message here that I am trying to send is, it's been a tough year for everyone and yet here we are...still sharing and touching and that is what is important.  

I have a lot to be thankful for myself, Susan...

Seeing notes like this from you is one of them.

Several of us have been the recipient of tragedies, disasters, medical news and events we thought we could not overcome...

But we have, or are in the process of realigning our lives...and we take each day as a blessing, and as a reason to get up and face it - again...

For this, I am thankful.

We have taken stock of our lives, thought at times "this sucks!" then looked around and realized...our grass is pretty green, considering.

For this, I am thankful.

We hear or read of how Americans are dissatisfied with our Nation...our own US...

and then we see that it can be much worse elsewhere, and some of us mentally, or physically, get down on our knees in a prayer of gratitude...

For this, I am thankful.

For having my own, personal haven...and then a second, personal haven, where a family of friends circles to complete my life, where I feel I can give back, and hopefully am accepted for what I can share...

For this, for Passions in Poetry, I am very thankful.

Susan...

a good thread...thank you.

serenity blaze
Member Empyrean
since 2000-02-02
Posts 27738

2 posted 2005-11-23 12:20 PM

Yes...

and I was thinking about this last night, too.

I think me and my family will be quietly grateful--together--this year.

Anything else would be like, um, gloating.

Besides, we really are getting a tad superstitious and are still leery about exhaling too soon.  Or too hard.  (looking up at my ceiling...)  

and thank you all!

Aenimal
Member Rara Avis
since 2002-11-18
Posts 7350
the ass-end of space
3 posted 2005-11-23 02:04 PM

thankful for my family, been awhile since i've said that but with the year we've had, we've really come together

thankful for friends, for keeping me afloat. for understanding or for at least trying to understand

thankful for this site, its members and their words

thankful for music, my salvation. and that despite a deluge of crap on the market, there are still some great bands out there.

thankful that the chicago bears and montreal canadiens are doing well

thankful to whomever created the catholic schoolgirl uniform, bless you sir. and for other assorted fantasies.

[This message has been edited by Aenimal (11-24-2005 01:01 PM).]

Sunshine
Administrator
Member Empyrean
since 1999-06-25
Posts 63354
Listening to every heart
4 posted 2005-11-23 02:06 PM

Susan?

An added thanks for bringing Raph home...

Susan Caldwell
Member Rara Avis
since 2002-12-27
Posts 8348
Florida
5 posted 2005-11-23 02:13 PM

I didn't bring Raph back...he never really left..

"too bad ignorance isn't painful"
~Unknown~

Aenimal
Member Rara Avis
since 2002-11-18
Posts 7350
the ass-end of space
6 posted 2005-11-23 02:18 PM

i've been in the pip basement playing my organ in my half mask..wait playing my organ may not sound right..meh

and you'll want to blame maree as well, she's been pestering me for ages

Martie
Member Empyrean
since 1999-09-21
Posts 28049
California
7 posted 2005-11-24 12:01 PM

/pip/Forum93/HTML/003555.html
nakdthoughts
Member Laureate
since 2000-10-29
Posts 19200
Between the Lines
8 posted 2005-11-24 08:00 AM

I am thankful that I have been able to overcome emotionally the last few years of tragedies (personal losses) with the support of my close friends here and in real...

That my nephew came home whole from serving in Iraq...

That my brothers and their families  are healthy...

That I still have a wonderful Mother to share my triumphs with...

That I have a career in the offing...

That there are those who "love" me despite my many moods...

That there are those who are special to me
and will remain so for the rest of my life...

**That Serenity has kept her sense of humor through all her lifes ups and downs (always  a great read)**

That we have a place such as this (Thanks Ron) to meet and make new friendships to share and express what makes us who we are...

And that I am still able to enjoy the basic necessities in life...

Wishing everyone a very Happy Thanksgiving

Maureen

Midnitesun
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Empyrean
since 2001-05-18
Posts 28647
Gaia
9 posted 2005-11-24 10:56 AM

at our precious aenimal's introspective moments, LOL

I am thankful
to BE

to read and learn
to live, and to love
and to know
that each day of Life
is a
Thanksgiving day

sandgrain
Member Elite
since 1999-09-21
Posts 3662
Sycamore, IL, USA
10 posted 2005-11-24 10:47 PM

First, I'm thankful for Ron making these blue pages available to us, this thread and all the PIPsters who encourage each other. During my trauma and loss of Rebecca, you wonderful friends helped me more than you'll ever know, especially Mysteria.
I'm thankful for the 38 years God allowed us to have her here, and the 34 years, our late son, Roderick, was with us.
Thankful for:
the gathering and dinner at our daughter's family home today
My husband of 51 years, our home and health
Our other 2 living children, 13 grandchildren and 5 great-grandbabies.
Our country
our soldiers
our freedoms
and most of all for our awesome God, who loves us unconditionally.  

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Discussion » Feelings » A Thanks Giving

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary