navwin » Discussion » Feelings » what do you do when you find yourself sobbing?
Feelings
Post A Reply Post New Topic what do you do when you find yourself sobbing? Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Midnitesun
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Empyrean
since 2001-05-18
Posts 28647
Gaia

0 posted 2005-10-25 09:10 PM

What do you do when you find yourself sobbing for someone you've never met, but was such an integral part of your heart and soul??? I can't seem to stop the flow of tears, for losing someone who is the ultimate heroine in my eyes...whose very spirit and spunk kept me moving forward through so many racist/religious battles?

*Rosa Parks*

I cannot even begin to speak to your heartbeat, the way you encouraged me time and time again to NOT STAND, but SIT...or to not SIT, but STAND. Confusing contradictory imagery?  No, not at all.
Think about it.
Think about what happened, what she did, what she no longer could tolerate.
And then you may understand why I cried when I heard the news that we had lost Rosa.
But did we lose her? Naw. She lives within me as well as thousands of others who will sit or stand, do whatever we must, to demand freedom and equality.

© Copyright 2005 Kathleen Kacy Stafford - All Rights Reserved
Martie
Member Empyrean
since 1999-09-21
Posts 28049
California
1 posted 2005-10-25 11:20 PM

Yes, I understand.  
LeeJ
Member Patricius
since 2003-06-19
Posts 13296

2 posted 2005-10-26 09:36 AM

I understand to, and my only advise is this...be as humble as she was....be the spirit of her lady like ways, her quiet desires for freedom...and in that, you will honor her, there is a time for tears, then a time for rejoice...for purpose, and for the ability to understand...

my oh my she surely left her place better then when she found it, didn't she?

Hugs to you sweet lady.

Marge Tindal
Deputy Moderator 5 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Empyrean
since 1999-11-06
Posts 42384
Florida's Foreverly Shores
3 posted 2005-10-26 10:35 AM

'what do you do when you find yourself sobbing?'

I attempt to find a quiet place ... and let it pour~
Lately it seems it happens more frequently, for a myriad of reasons~

*Huglets* to you dear lady~
~*Marge*~

~*No matter what I search for ...
let me know when it is LOVE that I find*~ <))><

Email - noles1@totcon.com

Enchantress
Member Empyrean
since 2001-08-14
Posts 35113
Canada eh.
4 posted 2005-10-26 11:03 AM

I understand Kacy...I understand.

Ron
Administrator
Member Rara Avis
since 1999-05-19
Posts 8669
Michigan, US
5 posted 2005-10-26 11:18 AM

Rosa Parks lived only about 100 miles from me, almost a neighbor . . . in many, many different ways. She accomplished much in her 92 years, and should be remembered and honored for much, but for me there was always one over-riding lesson she taught that everyone living in the Twenty-First Century would do well to learn.

Rosa Parks proved that one person really can make a difference.

serenity blaze
Member Empyrean
since 2000-02-02
Posts 27738

6 posted 2005-10-26 11:28 AM

Nodding with Ron here.

And in answer to your question--I have a little ritual that I do--I've done it a few times, not just for family members, but people whom I've never met that we have lost with whom I felt a strong connection.

I have a private funeral.

I make an altar, write a eulogy, and generally "have church" complete with flowers and candles and appropriate music.

I know it may sound silly, but it helps to give me some closure to show a small private measure of respect.

Hugs and love, Kacy.

That sky shines brighter as a new star has been added to our sky.

Rosa...pretty name for a star, doncha think?

Midnitesun
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Empyrean
since 2001-05-18
Posts 28647
Gaia
7 posted 2005-10-26 01:45 PM

You guys are great, yanno?
Ron, thanks again for creating this site, where I can cry if I want and there is always someone ready with a hankie.

Rosa was a great yet humble lady.
Yes, one person can move mountains
when s(he) sticks steadfastly to the heartbeat of conviction.

sandgrain
Member Elite
since 1999-09-21
Posts 3662
Sycamore, IL, USA
8 posted 2005-10-27 05:35 PM

The late Rosa, to me, is in the same catagory as Mother Theresa.  Both humbly taking a stand for the right thing, for many who've been wrongfully denied.

Yes, Ron, YOU are one person who's made a big difference, too, for an awful lot of us.

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Discussion » Feelings » what do you do when you find yourself sobbing?

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary