navwin » Discussion » Feelings » This Weather Has Finally Got To Me - I Am Moving Somewhere!
Feelings
Post A Reply Post New Topic This Weather Has Finally Got To Me - I Am Moving Somewhere! Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Mysteria
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Laureate
since 2001-03-07
Posts 18328
British Columbia, Canada

0 posted 2005-09-20 01:50 PM

You know I am really having trouble with the anxiety I feel for you folks down south. I have never actually experienced any extreme weather, but sure feel it through the love of friends in here.  The empathy I feel for those people is literally making me ill! I am serious; it actually gives me headaches, and makes me sick until I know they are safe!  Then again, that is human nature. Karen and I were just talking and it's like I have these empathy pains right in tune with her emotions at any given time, it's right wierd.

Well...I have lived on the side of this beautiful mountain almost 40 years this year.
At this very moment I am packed and ready to move somewhere, anywhere but here.
To be honest, some (including my family,) think me a tad crazy as I have a beautiful place here with an outstanding view, etc. and The Winter Olympics are coming and all that jazz. However, you know, I seldom even look out this window but today I did to take this to show you all the view of the ocean and downtown.  House guests love it, but like all things in life you get used to it I guess.  I go out most days, as it is healthy for mind, and body.
All I can think about is the earthquake they have been warning me about for years now and the climatic changes we are experiencing here.  For crying out loud it is September and we are still having summer!  Vancouver is usually boot high in rain about now.  I never really took it seriously before the time all this devastation came up with all our friends in here.  I even said to someone, "What price we pay for Paradise."  Now with the hurricane in Louisiana, and Mississippi, along with all the weather threats on all our coastlines, Paradise seems to be moving inland and for darn good reason.

I have waiting to hear if I got a "Little blue and white birdhouse with a view," as Janet Marie has called it.  It is not that far away from Vancouver, and so close to my son and his family (meaning ma girls.)  It rests in a forest setting with nice winding walking paths where you can actually hear birds singing.  It is only a one-bedroom place with a huge sundeck, what more do I need?  It is still on a slight "incline" as Nan calls them, but close enough to walk to the ocean for playing cause Kit likes that when she comes to visit.  Those visits from friends in here are the highlight of my day by the way!  Bought me a blow-up bed for such occassions (I will take that honest!)

My current residence in the winter                  You could almost put the one I want in a corner of the old one couldn't you?

In other words, it took seeing my friends suffering to actually get me to move, something I should have done ages ago.  I put up with a lot of "stuff" living where I am and take it for the sake that I live in a very desirable area of this city, but now realize that "Home Is Where The Heart Is," not "stuff", your address, or a "view," etc.  I have given away a TON of stuff to people, and felt really good about this downsizing business, as less is more has never been my motto really being somewhat of an ecclectic treasure hunter by nature (a nice way to put I love th shop.)  

I intend to turn my life around to, make way more friends, get out way more to events, exercise more, and socialize with anyone who will listen, or put up with me.  This decision came on a day I cried and got sick to my stomach for a friend that lost a lot and was in harm's way again!  That became the very day I found out finally what life was truly about.  Not stuff, possessions, status, who you know, or where you have been, but how you interact with your fellow beings during your time here on this plain.  I knew I made a difference in that way, and the rest was all "dressing!"  So, without all the dressing, off I go to start the beginning of the rest of my life for the better.

You know, I care about everyone probably too much, but consider it a quality not a downfall like they try to tell me/you.  You learn from sharing the good and bad that others experience, but it is what you do with that information that really matters most.  I have had years of hearing it all as a councilor, and a volunteer with abused women and children, and the aged and infirm.  You know I think until this last hurricane and 911, I let it go in one ear and out the other because it didn't affect me, and also you are trained to "not take it home!"  Yeah well what if it does happen to you?  This time the grief, loss and harm to my friends shot me right in the heart and it was then I knew it was definitely time for a change before it is too late.

I won't even know if I got this place until tomorrow and going a little crazy waiting to hear, but I do know this for sure, I am definitely packed to go somewhere close to my family, and I know for certain that peace is finally going to find me there.  I just don't wish to pay the price of living in paradise anymore.

Now how's that for a ramble?  I just had to put some meaning into all the grief, loss, and hurt I was spared from, and make it a positive move, so wish me luck on finding a place to move this stuff to won't you?

To see real beauty - look with your heart.
~ Carpe diem ~

[This message has been edited by Mysteria (09-20-2005 08:50 PM).]

© Copyright 2005 Mysteria 1997 - All Rights Reserved
ctowen
Member Elite
since 2001-10-18
Posts 2286
Green Mountains of VT
1 posted 2005-09-20 02:16 PM

Wherever life may see you .... may peace rest beside you, life around you, and friends with you.

It sounds like a perfect place for you to be .... alive!!

CT

Martie
Member Empyrean
since 1999-09-21
Posts 28049
California
2 posted 2005-09-20 02:21 PM

Dear Sharon.....I admire the size of your heart.  Good luck!  I have a feeling that  you will be fine wherever you are, because of the way you are!  Heart hugs!  
Midnitesun
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Empyrean
since 2001-05-18
Posts 28647
Gaia
3 posted 2005-09-20 02:25 PM

it actually sounds like a great move, Sharon! I know you are in a very nice part of Vancouver, but I sure do like the sound of that little birdie house nestled in the woods! Good luck, lady. Will the PC will be the last thing unplugged there and the first plugged in at the new place? LOL.
Mysteria
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Laureate
since 2001-03-07
Posts 18328
British Columbia, Canada
4 posted 2005-09-20 02:40 PM

PC will be the last thing unplugged you got it!

Oh Kacy I am so sorry I forgot when I wrote this that you and Sara visited me here too, see what this is doing to me?  Besides as you well know the transit system is so good here, there is no where you can't get to by skytrain or rapid transit in 10-15 mins.  I can get from Port Moody right back to the beach in West Vancouver all of you stood on, in approx 20 minutes     

Thank you for saying it's positive, I think it will be too.     If not the birdhouse, then somewhere out there on flatter ground away from harm.

LeeJ
Member Patricius
since 2003-06-19
Posts 13296

5 posted 2005-09-20 02:40 PM

Sharon, move to PA...
I like your style Lady!

Hugs and many blessings

Nightshade
Deputy Moderator 5 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Patricius
since 2001-08-31
Posts 13962
just out of reach
6 posted 2005-09-20 05:04 PM

Change is a good thing Sharon.
You will have fun decorating wherever you move to. If this feels right in your heart. Do it!! Take care, hugs, Chrislane

Larry C
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Patricius
since 2001-09-10
Posts 10286
United States
7 posted 2005-09-20 05:28 PM

Are you NUTS? Sure, but that's what I love about you!

If tears could build a stairway and memories a lane, I'd walk right up to heaven and bring you home again.

Alicat
Member Elite
since 1999-05-23
Posts 4094
Coastal Texas
8 posted 2005-09-20 05:48 PM

I hear ya Mysteria.  Here, rain is a rarity.  Tomorrow night I board the bus, and arrive 15 miles from Freeport, TX late Friday morning.  Projected landfall for Rita is Saturday.  The joys of 7-day Advance bus tickets, nonrefundable.
sandgrain
Member Elite
since 1999-09-21
Posts 3662
Sycamore, IL, USA
9 posted 2005-09-20 07:00 PM

Oh, you're a brave one!  I've been in this house for a year and I'm still not organized.  How about moving in with me?  I'll bet I'd be organized in a week. LOL  You have such broad shoulders and that can sometimes weigh you down when people like me all cry on them.

You're wished the greatest move and I know you'll be the same perky giant hearted gal where ever you live.

God bless,
  Rae

iliana
Member Patricius
since 2003-12-05
Posts 13434
USA
10 posted 2005-09-20 07:38 PM

Sharon, I am wishing you very good luck...not just good luck...VERY GOOD LUCK.  I believe you will have it.  You've got angels watching after you, you know!   .....jo
Poet deVine
Administrator
Member Seraphic
since 1999-05-26
Posts 22612
Hurricane Alley
11 posted 2005-09-20 07:54 PM

Hope you get your new place..if not this one, then another....everything happens for a reason you know.
Mysteria
Member Laureate
since 2001-03-07
Posts 18328
British Columbia, Canada
12 posted 2005-09-20 11:01 PM

Thanks for listening to my whine and CTthat was the sweetest darn thing to say, and trust me I really needed to hear it about now, so thank you.
Kit McCallum
Administrator
Member Laureate
since 2000-04-30
Posts 14774
Ontario, Canada
13 posted 2005-09-21 10:47 AM

I think in some of these years of living Sharon, I've come to recognize that we can't save everyone.  Though it's a noble and wonderful quality, us "worriers" will literally make ourselves sick trying to save the world (hmmmm, a good friend of mine told me that once).    

You've come to recognize that there's lots we can do to help those around us, and there's also lots we "can't" do ... sometimes that's a very hard thing to come to terms with. Individually ... we can't do it all, and for our own health and well-being, we shouldn't pressure ourselves to try to do it all. There's some things, we just can't control.

When you find yourself beating your head against a wall, come up and take a breath with me now and again, and we'll remind each other that we can help where we can ... and pray where we can't (hey Sharon ... I think there's a poem in there somewhere).    

Good luck with the house ... I'm keeping my fingers, eyes and toes crossed for ya. It will be a wonderful, fresh beginning no matter where you go. Friends and smiles will follow, wherever "you" are.  It will all work out - I believe that.

Mysteria
Member Laureate
since 2001-03-07
Posts 18328
British Columbia, Canada
14 posted 2005-09-21 12:05 PM

It's one thing to give advice - quite another to practice it

Well here it is Wednesday, the meeting of the minds tonight, so if everyone just wishes really hard - maybe I can go live in a birdhouse in a tree, away from the world LOL.  

Kit, the hardest part is walking away you are right, but as I said before sometimes you are doing the recipient a real favor so they can find their own way yanno?

As the Kung Fu Master says, "Grasshopper you learn well."

Now write that poem, "Help when you can, pray when you can't" love that message.

To all thank you, I don't rattle on like this often - so there's something to put in your gratitude journal today.  LOL

Startime55
Member Elite
since 2003-04-05
Posts 2148
Alberta, Canada
15 posted 2005-09-21 12:22 PM

No matter where you are you will make the voices of the birds brighter with your presence...It sounds like the new location has a wonderful beauty all its own...Having been to BC and loving the wonderful beauty of all of it tells me that your heart will be happy no matter what and we will be happy because you will continue to share your great, caring heart with us....We plan to relocate to BC (on the east side of the mountains) when we retire...I have lived from Cape Breton to BC and must say I love BC the best...***BIG HUGS*** The best of luck to you, dear lady....
NewEnglandlazurlu
Member Rara Avis
since 2002-01-04
Posts 7470
A Mountain Paradise
16 posted 2005-09-21 12:37 PM

Sharon ... I have all fingers crossed and will keep you in good thoughts today. You are doing what Ron and I did a year plus  ago. We shoved the big city, the high income and the stress of corporate America for the calm of the woods and the mountains.

If I had known, I would have invited you to move here in the woods with us. And you can still come.

Sending you good vibes and lots of love and harmony ... hugs, Marti

Living simply and calmly in the mountains!

Mysteria
Member Laureate
since 2001-03-07
Posts 18328
British Columbia, Canada
17 posted 2005-09-21 01:10 PM

Startime - as we "speak" my daughter-in-love is in Alberta with her Mom at Edmonton Mall LOL, and my son is watching his girls using home base as an office this week   They were then on their way driving to Banff for a couple of days.  I love Alberta, and especially love Banff and Lake Louise.  Alberta is our "thriving" province so a good place to be in until retirement.  Curious why you chose "East Vancouver," or do you just mean to the east of the North Shore and Grouse Mountain as a retirement choice? I am 3/4 of the way up Grouse   Thanks for the kind words.

Marti, I am going to see Liz next year so maybe I can take a side trip and you, Ron and I can take in another baseball game?  I would love it!  Green Acres that's the place to be nowadays, and you are right, the stress is not worth the price.  (hugs to you both.)

Kit McCallum
Administrator
Member Laureate
since 2000-04-30
Posts 14774
Ontario, Canada
18 posted 2005-09-21 01:15 PM

Yup, good at giving it, and bad at taking it, lol.

I might just write that poem Sharon. It seems I may have some spare time on my hands over the next while. Still crossing fingers for you ...

Nan
Administrator
Member Seraphic
since 1999-05-20
Posts 21191
Cape Cod Massachusetts USA
19 posted 2005-09-21 04:00 PM

Whatchu mean by "maybe"?  There are no maybe's allowed here.  That birdhouse is YOURS... Plan on it... No other outcome is acceptable, right?  I even have my ears crossed, methinks...
Mysteria
Member Laureate
since 2001-03-07
Posts 18328
British Columbia, Canada
20 posted 2005-09-21 07:47 PM

See what positive thinking does   Whooo Hooo, I got it!

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

To see real beauty - look with your heart.
~ Carpe diem ~

Sunshine
Administrator
Member Empyrean
since 1999-06-25
Posts 63354
Listening to every heart
21 posted 2005-09-21 11:14 PM

Mys...now I understand.  I'm a bit behind in my reading, but I've caught up...so forgive my inane email; I just didn't realize how much we're feeling so similar in emotions...and yet? I am not surprised, m'dear...not at all.

Hugs to you for a smart, SENSEable move...you are listening to a "sound" one cannot hear...but can only feel, through sense...and ability...to know more than we can explain to others.

This is one of the many reasons I admire, and love, you so much.

Congratulations on your new digs.

I can't wait to see the inside!

latearrival
Member Ascendant
since 2003-03-21
Posts 5499
Florida
22 posted 2005-09-22 02:52 AM

A good choice Mysteria. I admire your ability to make a big decision and act upon it. Being closer to the little ones is a good reason. To be rid of "Stuff" is another good thing. Freedom and peace of mind will be your reward. Congratulations on the "Bird House". It looks adorable. Nest in peace....martyjo
Kit McCallum
Administrator
Member Laureate
since 2000-04-30
Posts 14774
Ontario, Canada
23 posted 2005-09-22 06:01 AM

Whoooooohoooooo!!!!

Congratulations Sharon!!!

That is soooooooo excellent!

I guess I can uncross everything now, lol. Phew!

I am sooooooo happy for you!!!

Enchantress
Member Empyrean
since 2001-08-14
Posts 35113
Canada eh.
24 posted 2005-09-22 12:01 PM

YIPPPPEEEEE!!!!  I'm SO happy for you Sharon!

Startime55
Member Elite
since 2003-04-05
Posts 2148
Alberta, Canada
25 posted 2005-09-22 12:50 PM

Sorry to confuse you, Sharon. We are thinking to retiring in the Creston, Cranbrook area...I love the mountains and want to be living in them but I also love BC so that area seems to have all I desire...except the ocean which I also love *sigh*....You are right, Alberta is a growing and thriving province...We are in a small town in Southern Albert, a pop. of only 7000, but suddenly things are exploding around us and we expect that this town will be bursting at the seams very soon....Although I love Alberta with its beautiful mountains I live where it is just too flat for my tastes even if we are famous for our Taber corn I need more nature around me....I need to be around trees and water....**big hugs** Good luck on your move...I have been to Vancouver many times and must admit it is a city of magic even with the fear of an earthquake....
Nightshade
Deputy Moderator 5 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Patricius
since 2001-08-31
Posts 13962
just out of reach
26 posted 2005-09-22 01:57 PM

When's the housewarming party?!!
Mysteria
Member Laureate
since 2001-03-07
Posts 18328
British Columbia, Canada
27 posted 2005-09-22 02:34 PM

LOL, I am up to my ying yang here in boxes, and loving every second of it.  Thanks for all your "wishing" it might just have worked with the help of a certain red-haired angel I happen to know very well, named Willow.
Nightshade
Member Patricius
since 2001-08-31
Posts 13962
just out of reach
28 posted 2005-09-27 08:15 PM

Earth Angel
Member Empyrean
since 2002-08-27
Posts 40215
Realms of Light
29 posted 2005-10-01 09:05 AM

Sharon, I am bubbling over with joy for you! Wherever you lay your head you would instantly make into a wonderful home.

What an a adorable house! ~ and you are closer to your family, you will have more piece of mind because you are further away from the earthquake zone, you'll probably have more money in your pocket because of the down-sizing, and a change is as good as a rest! Enjoy this new chapter to your life!

~ and might I add that you look FABULOUS! Gosh, you truly are as beautiful on the outside as you are on the inside.

May the bluebird of happiness be your constant companion!  

Hugs with love,
Linda

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Discussion » Feelings » This Weather Has Finally Got To Me - I Am Moving Somewhere!

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary