navwin » Discussion » Feelings » Juli vrs the world
Feelings
Post A Reply Post New Topic Juli vrs the world Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Juju
Member Elite
since 2003-12-29
Posts 3429
In your dreams

0 posted 2005-07-29 05:57 PM

I wont be posting in like a month and a half. I have a ochem final and no internet connection and moving and re agusting to collage.  I might poke around alittle but other wize I will be out.  Oh to up date on the whole boyze matter.  I have really low opinion about them now. Why? I am tired of 45 and older men hitting one me.  I shoudn't have to say dude your too old for me.  And also! What is up with  guys my age. Its a good thing I am an engineering major.   I get to appriciate norMAL GUYS MORE OFTEN.  IS it wrong to not want to date with in your own major? I mean there is like one guy I like thats in engineering and that's about it.  I like alot of guys to put some perspective.  I meen even he is alittle weird.  IS there a guy that will just I don't know ask me out and stop with the cherade?  Am I thaT INTIMADATING? I mean really.  I will be sitting in the coffee shop and this guy will come up to me and say hi and run out of the coffe shop and hide...  Maybe I should do something so guys can be normal. That would be nice.  I mean honestly  if your 20 and still acting like a high school guy  grow up.  If your going to distract me from studying, make it worth my time .  talk to me I wont kill you.  I bite.... but don't kill.  Another thing I am sick of  guys who hit on me and make it obvious they need a green card.  Dude I am not going to marry you.  Dude there is more desprete chicks out there.  I don't want to get married yet.   I don't want kids yet.  Lets say I doo... Your not going to father them.   I have a word for you "Adoption"  Thats what I am going to do.  Or better yet leave it to my four siblings.  All the fun with less diapers.  I'll sugar them up and send them home.  It will be done.

-Juju

I hope you enjoyed my mindless rant.

© Copyright 2005 Juju - All Rights Reserved
Larry C
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Patricius
since 2001-09-10
Posts 10286
United States
1 posted 2005-07-29 08:51 PM

Turns out that you're not the only girl that gets to relate to guys. And speaking for the over 45 male population, guess what scumbags grow old too. It's just that there are even scumbag women. So your dilemas are not your own, they aren't original and frankly maturity needs to be sitting on both sides of the table. So with a little age yet you'll find out that you also have a lot to learn. In the mean time seems you could lighten up a little in your social life and not take everything quite so serious. After all,  you're only young once.  

If tears could build a stairway and memories a lane, I'd walk right up to heaven and bring you home again.

Local Rebel
Member Ascendant
since 1999-12-21
Posts 5767
Southern Abstentia
2 posted 2005-07-29 08:53 PM

Two engineering students were standing outside the library.  A third engineering student came riding up on a shiny new bicycle.

The two at the library asked him where he got it.  The third student said that a beautiful blonde came riding up on it in the park -- threw it down on the ground -- took off all her clothes and threw them on the ground beside the bike and said -- "If you like what you see it's yours".

The first two students said... "you made the right choice dude -- the clothes definitely wouldn't have fit."

most engineering students aren't all thet wall agusted to dating...

nakdthoughts
Member Laureate
since 2000-10-29
Posts 19200
Between the Lines
3 posted 2005-07-29 09:22 PM

LR...you made my day/night
~smiling~

M

Juju
Member Elite
since 2003-12-29
Posts 3429
In your dreams
4 posted 2005-07-29 10:18 PM

Wow...  That was amazing LR.

-Juju

Juju - 1.) a magic charm or fetish 2.)Magic 3.)A taboo connected woth the use of magic

The dictionary never lies.... I am magical (;

Juju
Member Elite
since 2003-12-29
Posts 3429
In your dreams
5 posted 2005-07-29 10:56 PM

So any ways this guy that I think sees me as an easy green card, is been realy forward and kinda pushed me too a date. on sunday.  So I said to coffe, because well besides the fact that he is way to old for me I dont want to be in a situation where its private and I will be nervous right? any ways  he is a TA for the business school and so I anm reluctant to say no.  They kinda group up together those Ta's you know.  ahuhghhgghwhfjgnso;gopesurytv;ies['mr Ahhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!11111  And aallll of my friends are out of town.

Juju - 1.) a magic charm or fetish 2.)Magic 3.)A taboo connected woth the use of magic

Alicat
Member Elite
since 1999-05-23
Posts 4094
Coastal Texas
6 posted 2005-07-30 12:02 PM

Sit at the counter.  Seriously.  No corner booth or window booth/table.  Counter.  If there isn't one, sit as close as possible to the register/host or hostess station.  Alternately, cancel, though that could lead to more run-ins.  Go on date, more overtures/Dont' go on date, stalking.  Joy and rapture, what delicious choices.  Pity we don't have 'dripping with satire' smiley. (Hint Hint Kit...possible an Oscar Wilde flavor...how's that for sadistic.)
Juju
Member Elite
since 2003-12-29
Posts 3429
In your dreams
7 posted 2005-07-30 08:17 AM

Well you know how I love satire.  perhaps I will spin one up for you guys about him lol.

-Juju

serenity blaze
Member Empyrean
since 2000-02-02
Posts 27738

8 posted 2005-07-30 05:05 PM

College, eh?

My tidbit of advice for your adjustment:

Never drink anything that requires a funnel and a timer.

Much love and luck to you, Juli.

Sunshine
Administrator
Member Empyrean
since 1999-06-25
Posts 63354
Listening to every heart
9 posted 2005-07-30 05:40 PM

Juli? You open my eyes...
and I'm glad I can spell...

not a slight, m'dear...
but if your spelling were less
counter-productive to your messages?
A whole lot of PiPsters,
and others
would take you far more seriously.

Laziness in grammer doesn't get one
very far.

However, I do like your spunk.

If you were to take it up a few notches?

We'd all be dealing with one heck
of a Woman.

serenity blaze
Member Empyrean
since 2000-02-02
Posts 27738

10 posted 2005-07-30 06:14 PM

Um, Kari?

I would think the greater concern regarding her spelling, grammar and punctuation would be that of how all of that affects her grades in college, and not how seriously we Pipsters take her messages.

My humble opinion of course, but I figure that little problem will soon iron itself out when her GPA is affected, yes? (RIGHT, Juli? Of course it will.)

A good dictionary has rules of grammar offered in the index as well definitons and proper spelling. I'm assuming that dictionary will soon become glued to her hand.

RIGHT, Juli? Right.

sandgrain
Member Elite
since 1999-09-21
Posts 3662
Sycamore, IL, USA
11 posted 2005-07-30 09:57 PM

As I read, I was thinking of my grand daughter who's dyslexic.  She has a difficult time with spelling, but I encourage her to write anyway.  Now I've found there's a site where dyslexics chat.  Whatever the reason for spelling errors, please do not be intimidated.  Continue to write.

Rae

Juju
Member Elite
since 2003-12-29
Posts 3429
In your dreams
12 posted 2005-07-31 12:31 PM

Well this is why I am not an english major.  

The truth of the matter is I get very little time on the internet and so when I reply I don't check spelling.  (Though I do try to get my poetry correct...)  The honest truth is on replies (and so forth) it is hard  for me to spend my valuable time correcting things which are inane anyways.  

I will never be able to commmunicate or write with the standerds of every one else because I didn't speak until I was four.  This caused me to be forever behind, because I was past critical age.  I honestly try and read all the time to improve my communication skills but honestly it will always be that sore thumb and then always those thorns.  

I have I deep rooted hatred for those poeple who don't try to help me.  You have no Idea the pain my heart feals when I have worked so hard on a paper and I bring it to those "English TA's" Who are too stuck up and ignorant to understand that because I started speaking so late it is alot harder for me to do papers and such.  There was never an english teacher I met that would set me down and talk to me when I asked  for help.  So I am learning the best I can.  The problem isn't the paper, but those dumb nit picky rules I don't have down.  So give me a break I really try hard to do well and unless your critizem is going to help me like correct what I did and explain why, don't wonder why I ignore you.  

I cant change what I don't know.  And please understand that I don't have the time to check things over sometimes.  I am busy and it is important for me to do my studies.  I understand that you might take my poetry as something I fling up in the last minute, but most of the time I check every thing in the dictionary.  occassionally I will miss something obvious and spell check doesn't catch it, but I do try.  This is the one reason I never wanted to be a proffesssional writer.  

Even though, others have read my stories and loved them and so forth.  I had been told many a times to be a writer.  I could never stand up to those english majors who have this warped sense of what a language truly is.  They spit and holer and scream... but I only know one thing.  It's real hard to be a good writer. To hit deadlines and so forth...  I couldn't imagine being drownded out by other writers meerly because I can't spell.  

I chose in fact a different path... a dieing one.  I chose something I had no intrest in so I can love those things I love and appriciate them.  Don't get me wrong I will like what I am doing, but these posts only prove my point... I could never belong in this world I love (You see it wasn't always boys).  In case you haven't noticed in my poetry... Perhapps I might not post hear again perhapps I will.  It doesn't matter.  No matter were I go there will always be those people who point and look at me as I really am.  A child.  

I will never grow up from the scars that hold me back.  The only thing I have is my will to overcome the demons and be a better person than I am today. Please don't take this the wrong way, but I don't have to be taken seriously in my poetry.  I do it because I love it.  It is the fact that I don't need to be published that sets me aside.  I write what I feel and reveal more then what appears.  I can always do better.  I know that.  But I hold back and let my self un wind.  I don't post all of my poetry here.  Some of it no one will see, like my real poetry.  Ocassionally I will post a few, but I think out of my best... only four have been posted on here out of piles of journals of drawings and scribbling and correcting.  Those are mine.

-Juju

And yes that is my name I didn't spell it wrong. Not only does it looks better when I sign my name, it is on my birth certificate.

Sunshine
Administrator
Member Empyrean
since 1999-06-25
Posts 63354
Listening to every heart
13 posted 2005-07-31 07:41 AM

Juju, I apologize. I've read several of your entries in Passions, and as can be seen from above, when you do take your time, your messages come across with more conviction.

I also apologize that I didn't make myself clearer - when I said others I meant just that, as serenity pointed out - school and teachers, employers - who grade and evaluate us all of the time.

I would also like to let you know that it is my job [at work - not here] to edit, edit, edit. I am sorry if my work habits spoke before my brain was engaged.

As for people with "learning disorders", I have spent most of my adult life dealing with my children, a grandchild, and a cousin who suffer from dyslexia. I know the efforts they go through to work around these problems.

Again, Juju, I do apologize. I see that when you do try, you do very well. As for your name, I saw it spelled Juli somewhere, and thought that Juju was a charming nickname you gave yourself.  I stand corrected.

Please, e-mail me when you can.  Thank you.

nakdthoughts
Member Laureate
since 2000-10-29
Posts 19200
Between the Lines
14 posted 2005-07-31 09:48 AM

I write what I feel and reveal more then what appears.

love that thought Juju,  because my writing is mostly " between the lines".

I can read you clearly (having an Early Childhood/Elementary teaching degree) and smile at the times when I see you using a vocabulary I normally don't use.

Spellcheck only corrects words mispelled not misused so I know that it wouldn't catch all mistakes.

I see the way they are teaching today and notice in the early years they don't want to correct the mispellings because they don't wish to stop the creativity in the process...and they still have Spelling as a subject just for that.

When I taught years ago, I would  have it count at all times because habit helps you to learn and understand and have it come naturally although even I have problems  with some of the grammar rules and have to check myself.  

You are young and spirited...continue on your way, knowing what you need to improve and I hope you find someone caring enough that you can count on to honestly help you in a way that doesn't make you feel belittled.

* oh and beware of those older men, even those just 10 years or so older...there is nothing wrong with them admiring a beautiful young woman...but they should be dating closer to their own age and if they aren't then I would say there is something wrong there...(my opinion only)

Maureen

serenity blaze
Member Empyrean
since 2000-02-02
Posts 27738

15 posted 2005-07-31 05:07 PM

I, too, have faith in you.

I also noticed your poetry is very well thought out (and quite good) so please trust that I noticed that, and further, I intended no disrespect.

Um...I like you, Juli. (and btw, I've a friend named Juli, and yep, it's spelled that way legally for her too.)

Stay who you are, lovie. No tears, k?

Juju
Member Elite
since 2003-12-29
Posts 3429
In your dreams
16 posted 2005-07-31 09:42 PM

No, It is not you.  Mostly jusy me.  I didn't get offended.  I just wanted you to understand what is going on in my head.

-Juju

LeeJ
Member Patricius
since 2003-06-19
Posts 13296

17 posted 2005-08-01 11:50 AM

Juju, couldn't help but smile while reading you...your one heck of a woman, with so much yet to learn...don't fret, as I believe what is bothering you most is the fact that someone puts you in a position that you must sometimes be insultingly honest...

Actually, your very wise, and when that man comes along he will be much worth the wait...until then, enjoy life, and be amuzed and somewhat flattered by those who do try.

To tell you the truth, there is nothing that gets past your awareness...and you have no where to go except up...darling your a keeper, and the man who lassos you, you'll make sure won't hold to tight...

Hugs in admiration...

Gentle Spirit
Member Patricius
since 2000-10-09
Posts 13989

18 posted 2005-08-03 09:18 AM

JuJu, you truly are a sweetheart.  Your poetry is delightful.
Regardless of any spelling errors,
your messages come across
clearly and I enjoy your poetry.

I don't always have the time to proof read
either, depending on where I'm at when I
am posting and often find I don't notice
my errors until after the time limit
for correcting them.  And then again?
Sometimes I just write it the way it comes out
and is felt, the heck with techincalities.

Please don't be sad.    
I think that everyone here truly is
trying to be supportive of you and
is trying to encourage you to continue
writing, and I hope that when you
find time to be here you will always
grace us with your words.

Keep in touch with us, and please
Email me anytime you wish.  Hugs.

I refuse to make plans past this moment in time....

[This message has been edited by Gentle Spirit (08-03-2005 11:14 AM).]

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Discussion » Feelings » Juli vrs the world

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary