navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #39 » Gather!
Open Poetry #39
Post A Reply Post New Topic Gather! Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
wredgranny
since 2006-11-18
Posts 493
Ky. USA

0 posted 2006-11-21 10:20 PM

Gather!

The starving moon has finally passed,Mother Earth wears brand new grass,the rising sun brings another day rise children and offer thanks.
   Soon the planting moon will be here work hard children to feed us for another year,gather wood for a counsil fire all will meet from far and near.
   Prepare now warriors for a hunt say a prayer to bring the animals near,dance now maidens for the new corn,Elders pray to end all strife.
   Gather children share this day who knows if another one will come,smile and share a loving glance raise your voices join the dance,play your flute beat your drum time for all to come together as one.
   Animal,plant,bird and human we are all Creators people each have a different song to sing,raise our voices tell the stories so the children will remember where they came from.
   North,South,East,and West face each one to be blessed,four winds blow and Eagle scream comes the Dreamer with a dream join us now ancient spirits,join the People as we bring a brand new Circle!

granny!

© Copyright 2006 Dekanogi Ulogilv - All Rights Reserved
Earth Angel
Member Empyrean
since 2002-08-27
Posts 40215
Realms of Light
1 posted 2006-11-22 08:57 AM

I may not have a drop of Native blood in me ~ at least not in this lifetime! ~ however, your poetry stirs soul memories within me. I am deeply moved by your writing of simpler times and of your noble people who honoured Our Father, Nature, and each other.

Love & Native Spirit Light,

EA

Enchantress
Member Empyrean
since 2001-08-14
Posts 35113
Canada eh.
2 posted 2006-11-22 09:16 AM

This is wonderful!
I so much enjoyed the read.
~Smiles & warm hugs, Nancy~

Autumn, the year's last loveliest smile~

Martie
Member Empyrean
since 1999-09-21
Posts 28049
California
3 posted 2006-11-22 01:10 PM

hi wredgranny...I'm sorry to be late in a welcome.  I enjoyed the flavor of your thanks giving.

Gather
the dark around
stars the night is spilling
and all the wishes are waiting
to climb across the sky with hope to join
the pattern formed by others far
to see and how explain
if words cannot
stars will
gather

Pressie
since 2006-11-14
Posts 157
Oklahoma
4 posted 2006-11-22 01:19 PM

"The starving moon has finally passed,Mother Earth wears brand new grass,the rising sun brings another day rise children and offer thanks"

Good stuff granny!

Keep it coming...  

wredgranny
since 2006-11-18
Posts 493
Ky. USA
5 posted 2006-11-22 01:24 PM

I may not have a drop of Native blood in me ~ at least not in this lifetime! ~ however, your poetry stirs soul memories within me. I am deeply moved by your writing of simpler times and of your noble people who honoured Our Father, Nature, and each other.

Love & Native Spirit Light,

Siyo Earth Angel one does not need to be Native American to feel the ancient connections to Mother Earth and Creator. We are all Native to somewhere and those of your ancestors once held those connections,that knowledge and your blood tells you the stories!My grandmother stories wake that need deep within.From those things you write I know already your spirit sings the song of life!

granny!

Seymour Tabin
Member Empyrean
since 1999-07-07
Posts 31720
Tamarac Fla
6 posted 2006-11-22 01:24 PM

wredgranny
Enjoyed the read, thank you

wredgranny
since 2006-11-18
Posts 493
Ky. USA
7 posted 2006-11-22 01:26 PM

This is wonderful!
I so much enjoyed the read.
~Smiles & warm hugs, Nancy~

Sigi Enchantress I am honored by your words!

granny!

wredgranny
since 2006-11-18
Posts 493
Ky. USA
8 posted 2006-11-22 01:28 PM

hi wredgranny...I'm sorry to be late in a welcome.  I enjoyed the flavor of your thanks giving.

Gather
the dark around
stars the night is spilling
and all the wishes are waiting
to climb across the sky with hope to join
the pattern formed by others far
to see and how explain
if words cannot
stars will
gather

Sigi Martie for both the beauty you shared,and your kind welcome!

granny!

wredgranny
since 2006-11-18
Posts 493
Ky. USA
9 posted 2006-11-22 01:30 PM

Good stuff granny!

Keep it coming...    

Sigi Pressie I am both honored and greatful,these I share some are prayers old as the memories of the People!

granny!

wredgranny
since 2006-11-18
Posts 493
Ky. USA
10 posted 2006-11-22 01:31 PM

wredgranny
Enjoyed the read, thank you

Sigi Seymore Tabin I am grateful for your kindness!

granny!

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #39 » Gather!

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary