navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #38 » 9 seconds
Open Poetry #38
Post A Reply Post New Topic 9 seconds Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
RyaNs TaLL
since 2006-07-05
Posts 17

0 posted 2006-07-07 10:56 PM

This is about the (obvious) corruption of our gov't and references a singular, recent and disastrous event.The clue to this is hidden pretty well tell me if you figure out this event.

I will eventually post the answer.

9 Seconds

so what we all gunna do when shadow of doubt has been lite casted
no excuses of darkness crowding your will
now only left with the apathetic smoking gun
found with blood on their hands whos gunna be the one

whos gunna take up the stone to cast at the goliath
happy with knowing someone else will do the bidding
drown your senses
look the other way
happy with knowing someone else will do the bidding

they had us all stupified yeah when them twins fell
9 seconds now 9 seconds now
it was caused by the fire, they'll scream it from behind podiums
counting on us to already be in over our heads
counting on us to save ourselves from drowning

left with your apathetic smoking gun

© Copyright 2006 RyaNs TaLL - All Rights Reserved
Cari07
since 2006-06-28
Posts 33
Missouri, US of A
1 posted 2006-07-09 12:55 PM

I liked this alot.  It was very well written and it got my curiosity going.  What was the event?  Come on, please share.
RyaNs TaLL
since 2006-07-05
Posts 17

2 posted 2006-07-09 05:48 PM

Since there haven't been any posts in a while i may as well post the answer the poem references 9-11 and the official "explanation" as to what happened and why the twin towers fell. The 9 seconds part references the approx time it took the towers to fall when they started to collapse. If the collapse was cause by fire that caused each floor to collapse successfully (as they have screamed from behind podiums ) then the towers would not have came down in 9 seconds (almost free fall time) the only way for this to happen was for explosives pre planted in the building to be set off and knock out each floor before the other floor was able to collapse onto it. The rest references our apathy towards obvious corruption of our gov't. thnks

"If consequnces dictate our course of actions then it doesnt matter whats rite its only wrong if we get caught."

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #38 » 9 seconds

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary