navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #37 » Pensacola Sands
Open Poetry #37
Post A Reply Post New Topic Pensacola Sands Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
poettothecars
since 2006-02-10
Posts 1093
New Zealand

0 posted 2006-05-05 02:34 AM

Pensacola Sands

05 May 2006

Gone but not forgotten
returned in kind
Days left over
dried pasta upon a dirty plate

Another day, a weak gone bye
where was sweet, that love to hold
Thoughts and diversions
the tide having gone out

Heaven, was that for death
tranquillity yours to share
A heart made distant to living
words exchanged upon the wind

Again, forever, nothing lost
her beauty was divinity
Perhaps there was love
to remind oneself life was alive

An hourglass, also known as a sandglass or sand timer, is a device for the measurement of
time. It consists of two glass bulbs placed one above the other which are connected by
a narrow tube. One of the bulbs is usually filled with fine sand, and when turned upright,
flows through the narrow tube into the bottom bulb at a given rate. Once all the sand has
run to the bottom bulb, the device is inverted in order to measure another time period.

Factors affecting the amount of time that the hourglass measures include: the volume of
sand, the size and angle of the bulbs, the width of the neck, and the type and quality of the
sand. Some times seen as only ornamentally, since the advent of a clock or watch, in relation
accuracy and when an approximate measurement of time is needed (for example in cooking
in a time period of only a few minutes , like cooking eggs, where a three minute timer is typical).

Pensacola and Pensacola Beach, are in Florida, USA

© 2006 Christopher W Herbert (a New Zealand Poet)

a poet who cares

© Copyright 2006 Christopher W Herbert - All Rights Reserved
garysgirl
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 5 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Laureate
since 2002-09-29
Posts 19237
Florida, USA
1 posted 2006-05-05 03:24 AM

I enjoyed this one too. Thank you for sharing.
By the way, You're writing is very good.
Hugs,
Ethel

poettothecars
since 2006-02-10
Posts 1093
New Zealand
2 posted 2006-05-05 03:37 AM

I wrote that one in 3 minutes using a line from a certain someones poem in another forum thread on this site

but when I had composed that works another poem came to my mind, an instant after that

in truth I was not going to put this one up on pip, and it was your kind words Ethel that changed my mind.

So now I am going to share my bonus poem in another thread

Thanks for dropping by

even if I have never been to Florida but in my mind and maybe viewing maps

a poet who cares

passing shadows
Member Empyrean
since 1999-08-26
Posts 45577
displaced
3 posted 2006-05-05 12:46 PM

glad to have been partly the inspiration
poettothecars
since 2006-02-10
Posts 1093
New Zealand
4 posted 2006-05-06 04:33 PM

some will not understand yet, in ways of my writing and the control I have over thoughts, or lack of control in more truth. To feel obligated at times to write, yet find it may be less of a burden to never write, or share such thoughts of poetry on this site, or in any other place.

maybe it would be much easier to shear sheep and not my words and feelings so openly with and for others.

if my comments are seen as being rude, I think of them as being honest, if I have an do offend any one, please let me know, so I can make adjustments to my ways or give up this site if that is what it takes to be understood

a poet who cares

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #37 » Pensacola Sands

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary