navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #37 » Boundaries
Open Poetry #37
Post A Reply Post New Topic Boundaries Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Bodger
since 2005-06-12
Posts 1260
Tolerance for a short time

0 posted 2006-04-21 04:45 PM

Flying those wings to wing over flights of fancy glinting proud heads with brain muscles powering images of potency imprinting life of life

Faint ideas fainting in the mind of dreams you fainted behind flying onto ideas that would change the world echoing dreams of flight to echo thoughts of thoughts hovering over decisions indecision in the challenge to challenge as supported by many you dream of flying alone

In a moment’s boundary you threw yourself across the dreams of sand in dreams of thoughts as long boats drift across the early tide brown stretched against a log fiery rim casting sweet colours on a blue crystal water almost transparent in the wake of boats you have never seen

You watched and enjoyed the silhouette into the sun with the darkness of failing shadows glistening on heat burning watching crescent heated red hot light grappling to melt inner ore in false images of dancing sharades of prefabricated thought in safety approved steps to falsehood

In bodies we saw in a molten fire the broken paths that would not allow our joining as we failed to learn and thus entrapped in atrophy we burnt in a fire of knowledge of realisaton

In a mass of freedom echoing boundary hemmed with vision in ignorance we had no boundaries only the chance forward and now we have learnt we have only boundaries to stop us

Those last two ideas may appear in other words

Dave

© Copyright 2006 Dave Page - Cirencester UK - All Rights Reserved
poettothecars
since 2006-02-10
Posts 1093
New Zealand
1 posted 2006-04-21 06:32 PM

you might want to look at your layout, in terms of presentation to the page. I find this impossible to read and hold my attention. When by all means, it might be good, but my attention span was not as long as each line.

I only say this to be helpful in relation to future material, you do continue to share

a poet who cares

Midnitesun
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Empyrean
since 2001-05-18
Posts 28647
Gaia
2 posted 2006-04-21 07:47 PM

"In a moment’s boundary you threw yourself across the dreams of sand in dreams of thoughts as long boats drift across the early tide brown stretched against a log fiery rim casting sweet colours on a blue crystal water almost transparent in the wake of boats you have never seen"

Now this...is some really nice poetic imagery Dave, and I am keeping this post.
But there are so many fine thoughts in this, it offers me much to ponder. Thanks for sharing it!

hmmm, and  for several reasons, your post made me start singing my favorite old Cat Stevens tune:
"Longer boats are coming to win us
They're coming to win us, they're coming to win us
Longer boats are coming to win us
Hold on to the shore, they'll be taking the key from the door.

I don't want no god on my lawn
Just a flower I can help along
'Cause the soul of no body knows
how a flower grows... Oh how a flower grows."

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #37 » Boundaries

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary