navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #36 » Letters
Open Poetry #36
Post A Reply Post New Topic Letters Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Suede
since 2003-08-25
Posts 38
Drifting on the soul

0 posted 2005-11-24 05:42 AM

My amusement has always been
In finding things when you're not looking
Like happiness, and pain
And the quiet times of love
All I have found without search
But yesterday
In the clutch of subconciousness
And a moment of daydream
I think I found myself

My girlfriend wrote of me in her diary

'...a man lost of love, and full with taint, to the brim, leaving no room for me. These last few months have been cold, and I've often sat in the loft for nights on end, alone. Softly, silently, reading his poetry while he's asleep, and sneaking downstairs and stealing a stare. Remembering all too well, the man he used to be, and crying for the man he is now, and dying for the man he may never be...if I stay.'

I looked in the mirror
But I never saw myself.
I've been living blind
Not knowing where I'd been
How I'd changed
Or where I was going!

© Copyright 2005 Suede - All Rights Reserved
Jeremiah Johnson
since 2000-06-08
Posts 1223
Brooksville, Fl, U.S
1 posted 2005-11-24 01:15 PM

How often we loose ourselves along lifes sometimes deadly roads. And the only true hope is that we realize it before it's to late and we become what we've always feared. I enjoyed your poem alot and you should read my poem titled "To my reflection." It kind of expresses what your girlfriend noticed about you.

I'm a dying romantic and when i can no longer write i can no longer live -Jeremiah Johnson-

Bodger
since 2005-06-12
Posts 1260
Tolerance for a short time
2 posted 2005-11-26 06:42 PM

Tremendous words

Dave

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #36 » Letters

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary