navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #35 » Absence.
Open Poetry #35
Post A Reply Post New Topic Absence. Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Goldenrose
Member Elite
since 2003-05-30
Posts 3665

0 posted 2005-05-24 04:38 AM

Kindness where are you?
Gone from our sight?
This new world does
not need you, or
use you;you are
alien to humans now,
despatched to the hinterland.

Justice cannot be for oneside alone, but must be for both. (Eleanor Roosevelt)

© Copyright 2005 P.D - All Rights Reserved
Earth Angel
Member Empyrean
since 2002-08-27
Posts 40215
Realms of Light
1 posted 2005-05-24 07:56 AM

If each of we humans do one random act of kindness each and every day, Kindness will return to our planet. She is conspicuous by her absence.

Linda

Gentle Spirit
Member Patricius
since 2000-10-09
Posts 13989

2 posted 2005-05-24 08:36 AM

It is so easy to be kind, but yet so many find it hard to do.  Very well done with this one Phil.
latearrival
Member Ascendant
since 2003-03-21
Posts 5499
Florida
3 posted 2005-05-24 03:40 PM

I don't know Golden Rose. I see an act of kindness at least once or twice a week.  If I were out there more often I would see it every day. It is there in all the little things our neighbors do for one another, for what is done within the family and in unexpected places. Not seen as a whole, but it is there. I see it in my neighbor every day as she not only attends her brother's needs, but helps others also. Another lady down the street bakes and cooks special goodies for the people at the nursing home and crochets lap robes for them, A friend in Ct. also knits lap robes for the elderly in a home near her. They visit and spread cheer when ever they can. I see things at work done to please and in the grocery store. If we look we will still see it. I do also see the little selfish things that are done, but the good out weigh the bad. I still have hope best, martyjo
Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #35 » Absence.

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary