navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #34 » Sight of self
Open Poetry #34
Post A Reply Post New Topic Sight of self Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
DavePage
Member Elite
since 2003-12-21
Posts 2917

0 posted 2005-01-09 04:46 PM

darkness ruined a dark lit night glistening on heat burning watching crescent heated red hot light grappling to melt ore

in false images for punters paying for sharades of prefabrication painted in safety approved steps to falsehood

in body we saw in a molten fire the broken paths
that would not allow our joining as we failed to learn and thus entrapped in atrophy we burnt in a fire of knowledge

© Copyright 2005 Dave Page - All Rights Reserved
LeeJ
Member Patricius
since 2003-06-19
Posts 13296

1 posted 2005-01-10 07:25 AM

in false images for punters paying for sharades of prefabrication painted in safety approved steps to falsehood

You've touched this in a nutshell..can't help remembering how naieve and excited I was upon my very first computer...

Thought I'd touch the world, meet people and chat about their cultures...only to learn the mean ness of life, and the hurt of lies...and I still can't understand it to this day...how and why people get off on pretending to be who they are not...

Not that I haven't met some very outstanding, honest and cultured people, but met some very sleezy ones as well, which frightens me for our children.

Good one Dave

nakdthoughts
Member Laureate
since 2000-10-29
Posts 19200
Between the Lines
2 posted 2005-01-10 09:28 AM

we burnt in a fire of knowledge

thinking how true your words are...

and after reading Lee's response..I think that as far as the computer goes, many pretend to be whom they wish they could be and sometimes learn more about themselves, not always to the  negative...

M

MGROVES
Deputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Elite
since 2004-02-01
Posts 3802
california
3 posted 2005-01-11 03:57 AM

wise words

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #34 » Sight of self

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary