navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #33 » Challenge when it's two minutes til the news...
Open Poetry #33
Post A Reply Post New Topic Challenge when it's two minutes til the news... Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Tim
since 1999-06-08
Posts 1794

0 posted 2004-09-30 12:05 PM

Lemongrass before you sleep,
Will you deep in slumber keep,
Now mustard seed if you should take,
When time for bed will keep awake.

Aromas of forgotten past,
Slow oracles that move to fast,
Both seizure muse ‘til thyme is spent,
In pendulums of discontentment.

Gazing on the second hand,
Parsing past the minute hand,
I realized t’was getting late,
And guessed it best to not tempt fate.

© Copyright 2004 Tim - All Rights Reserved
Mysteria
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Laureate
since 2001-03-07
Posts 18328
British Columbia, Canada
1 posted 2004-09-30 12:19 PM

Well now ... you sure met that challenge with 2 minutes to spare   Excellent as usual, and would not expect less from you sir.
hoot_owl_rn
Member Patricius
since 1999-07-05
Posts 10750
Glen Hope, PA USA
2 posted 2004-09-30 08:49 AM

Ah, alas the news can wait
For TV seems but second rate
Compaired to screen of heaven's stars
To Milkyway, to red of Mars
To late night symphony of sort
Awaiting just beyond our porch
The crickets chirps, the silken sighs
The fire that lights up the eyes
Of lovers just like you and me
Who faced with with choice would rather see
The stars, the moon, the setting sun
Than TV news or old reruns

...by the way, there are still lots of requests out there for a duet, want to do it?

[This message has been edited by hoot_owl_rn (10-01-2004 10:29 AM).]

Mysteria
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Laureate
since 2001-03-07
Posts 18328
British Columbia, Canada
3 posted 2004-09-30 04:47 PM

Ummm, couldn't help but overhear your conversation now could I?       So, if I can put in a request then I sure would like to see you two take on the personalities of two separated lovers going through war or some similar devastating separation.  I know you can't be programmed to write but sure would be nice if you continued the storyline and expanded on it from time to time developing the characters to a point they are reunited.  Ruth - Tim you two definitely can write off each other well, that is for sure.
Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #33 » Challenge when it's two minutes til the news...

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary