navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #33 » Burning up
Open Poetry #33
Post A Reply Post New Topic Burning up Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
ShiningWindHaze
since 2004-09-06
Posts 138
California, United States

0 posted 2004-09-18 08:54 PM

From the corner of my eye
a white garment dissapears like light
I once held in a moment now memory fans
blowing the coolest breeze catches
butterfly wings snowing as diamond
shards of my heart feels in heat
I assimilate and sweat drips without dreams
I can never go beyond seams
of reality it seems causing tragedy comes
now and then but still we search
the voids for happiness our void unfilled
but swollen living death cause we live
in emotion so real it surrounds us and tears
for what reason we sometimes can't find

© Copyright 2004 Byron Keith Landry Jr. - All Rights Reserved
Susan
Member Ascendant
since 2004-03-27
Posts 5104
walking the surreal
1 posted 2004-09-18 09:37 PM

but still we search
the voids for happiness our void unfilled

This cries with the ache of longing and of being lost - this especially carries emotional weight - and sad truth.  Sometimes it seems as if we will be consumed by the void, becoming all emptiness - but then we would disappear, and I think the strength lies within us all to fill the void starting from within ourselves and working our way out - and once we have found ourselves within the emptiness, we will be empty no longer, being full of soul and heart - it is then we can give of our fill to others who are empty and as such receive more in our own cup - until over flowing.

I would offer you a drink from my cup of friendship - to ease the parched feel of the burning - as I am certain you will find from many others here as well - until your cup over flows.

susan  

Happiness isn't something that happens to you, it's created from within you.  Joy is a state of mind.

ShiningWindHaze
since 2004-09-06
Posts 138
California, United States
2 posted 2004-09-19 12:45 PM

Sometimes I feel unsensitive and sometimes too much. Right now I want to cry, but can't. Do you ever feel that way? Just knowing I have the friendship of your spirit kindles my happiness with tears inside my heart as my eyes can only water. Thank you...If you should peek at this poem again.

- Haze

Susan
Member Ascendant
since 2004-03-27
Posts 5104
walking the surreal
3 posted 2004-09-19 12:51 PM

I read, and I understand.  Sometimes, well off times, I think I feel too much.  It is a burden.  Yet I wonder, would I have it any other way?  I know people who feel little, and though I envy them at times, most others I am glad to be passionate.  Peace to you, and healing.

Susan

Happiness isn't something that happens to you, it's created from within you.  Joy is a state of mind.

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #33 » Burning up

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary