navwin » Archives » Dark Poetry #1 » Grasping Shadows
Dark Poetry #1
Post A Reply Post New Topic Grasping Shadows Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Joel the wolf
since 2000-04-06
Posts 1333
Angels Camp

0 posted 2000-05-20 07:32 PM

With a slow mournful cry, you feel the wolf talk to the night
Asking questions of what is and what isn’t right.
With a cry reaching high, then rumble deep and low,
crying his heart out to all below.
Vaulted high upon a crusty mountain shell,
piercing the night air keeping at bay hounds of hell.
Trying to stay aloft to sing his praise of spirits that fly,
wanting to leap to fallow his heartsong into the night and die.
Tortured loneliness carried in chorus with whispering winds of pain.
He can not endure alone, he and I inseparable the same.
future looks bleak traveling this single path of trampled bone.
How can this be in nature, this atrocity of mankind’s actions
heart aches beyond reason, faltering spirit, walking alone.
Death wish of the soul that walks the dark side of passions.
Wishful beauty of moon light cutting through night pines
dancing within wolfs iris tearfully caught
clear reflections upon dark waters, destroyed minds.
Ignoring pain, others gain, unanswered calls
of destroyed souls within loves grasping falls
Mighty is he within all of natures fame,
Upon shaky ground wolf cries unbearable pain.
Howling the loss of a true love,
Flying beyond the horizon,
grasping shadows of white dove.

Joel.

I howl a mournful song, that echos within my chambered heart, for all to read? nay for all to feel.

© Copyright 2000 Joel. - All Rights Reserved
Irish Rose
Member Patricius
since 2000-04-06
Posts 10263

1 posted 2000-05-20 07:51 PM

deep, prose, wonderful, different, very different for you, a glimmer of hope?
no, too dark, but needed, not too wordy, great flow, and captures essence....great work, Joel!!

Kathleen
indy31_99@yahoo.com

Marge Tindal
Deputy Moderator 5 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Empyrean
since 1999-11-06
Posts 42384
Florida's Foreverly Shores
2 posted 2000-05-20 10:59 PM

Joel~
Magnificient render.

'Death wish of the soul that walks the dark side of passions.
Wishful beauty of moon light cutting through night pines
dancing within wolfs iris tearfully caught
clear reflections upon dark waters, destroyed minds.'

Absolutely magnificient.
~*Marge*~

~*The pen of the poet never runs out of ink, as long as we breathe.*~
noles1@totcon.com

Cyndey
since 2000-05-18
Posts 84
Arkansas
3 posted 2000-05-20 11:50 PM

"Tortured loneliness carried in chorus with whispering winds of pain.... "
I loved that line, even had to re-read it several times... great poem--such beautiful wordings! Awesome!
Cyndey

Joel the wolf
since 2000-04-06
Posts 1333
Angels Camp
4 posted 2000-05-21 02:24 AM

Thanks Kat. Yes Dark indeed, it's the way of the wind now. She flys farther away.

Marge, My mind walks upon dark waters now, with a destroyed mind I'm afraid. Going nowhere.

Cyndey, I walk at nights in the forest, and last night the wind was hot and blowing, as I cried. it was a bad night.
The forest offers me some rest from this tortured sole.
Thank you for your comments one and all.
Joel.

I howl a mournful song, that echos within my chambered heart, for all to read? nay for all to feel.

JOY 14
since 1999-09-22
Posts 1419
Wisconsin USA
5 posted 2000-05-21 11:00 AM

Wow!  This was an excellent piece of work.  How can you say your mind is going nowhere?     

Joy

Joel the wolf
since 2000-04-06
Posts 1333
Angels Camp
6 posted 2000-05-21 11:40 AM

Thanks Joy, Going nowhere, I'm running circles inside my pain of loneleyness.
just can't seem to get out of it. I'm not made to be alone, but I am. and it's killing me.

SpitFire
Member Elite
since 2000-04-19
Posts 2396

7 posted 2000-05-21 11:51 AM

~Oh Joel,...shoot. This poem speaks volumes.  An outpour of emotions that tear at my heart.  You have  done an amazing job with this piece...it's so real.  So viewable...into your world and what you're going through right now.  Please hang in there...you are not TRULY alone.  We are here,...I AM HERE.  *peace to you.  
Joel the wolf
since 2000-04-06
Posts 1333
Angels Camp
8 posted 2000-05-21 12:06 PM

Well Spit, haha... (I get this picture of a girl with fire spitting at the world.) hahaha
Thank you for your reply, I really hope things go well for you.
Would you that were my dove, I'd fight my way through Hell's horde to get to you. But alas I have no one to fight, my enemy is unseen, the biggest fear of a warrior is to fight what can't be seen.
My dozens of swords have no blood to find, my hands grasp shadows, my love slips away from me and it's killing me. I'm feeling such a great loss within, I can't hardly breath.
God I want to kill something.

Scarlet Lady
since 2000-02-11
Posts 242
Midwest
9 posted 2000-05-22 01:15 PM

Joel dear......what a totally incredible poetic expression here done so well!  I was in awe as I read it over and over again.  Strange to me that there is even beauty of some sort in ones pain and despair.   The depth is into your soul,  and it calls out of just how deeply you hurt right now.  I am sorry dear for that pain, and wish I could make it go away,  for I too have felt that kind of pain.  You know you can email me anytime, I will lend a listening ear and maybe some kind words.  You have given so much on here that we all would gladly give back to you.  And heck if I lived closer I would even take a walk with ya in the forest.....just don't howl you might freak me out!!!  hehe......Hang in there darlin....you will make it through and find someone who really does appreciate the man inside.  Let time do her work and see what marvels will come next.  
Necro Draconis
since 2000-05-19
Posts 115

10 posted 2000-05-22 06:58 PM

Joel,

Very well done and inspirational

Joel the wolf
since 2000-04-06
Posts 1333
Angels Camp
11 posted 2000-05-23 02:19 AM

Illusion, thanks, Yes I tried to put some beauty into this also, even pain of the heart has a haunting beauty within, I’m trying to look forward, and it's so hard,
I just don't see a future without her...
I have given so much of myself, I love her so much. I will still wait. with patience.

Necro, thank you.

Joel.

plug452
since 2000-05-22
Posts 6
natchitoches, louisiana. U.S.A
12 posted 2000-05-23 05:08 AM

Very cool, and very moveing. I have a wolf poem of my own but i think i'll wait till i have a few poems under my belt before i post it.

Walter Poe
since 1999-10-13
Posts 787

13 posted 2000-05-23 09:41 AM

As always a powerful piece reminds me of the night the wolfs breath caught timeless in the cold air a deep howl on its lips as we call to the night.

Not its intended message but this is what i see

"Prophet!" said I, "thing of evil!- prophet still, if bird or devil!-
Whether Tempter sent, or whether tempest tossed thee here ashore,
Desolate yet all undaunted, on this desert land enchanted-
On this home by horror haunted- tell me truly, I implore-
Is there- is there balm in Gilead?- tell me- tell me, I implore!"
Quoth the Raven, "Nevermore."

StarrGazer
since 2000-03-05
Posts 679
Texas
14 posted 2000-05-23 04:09 PM

Joel this was deeply moving and achingly lonely but at the same time magnificently beautiful
Night Chica
since 2000-04-06
Posts 39
Vermont
15 posted 2000-05-23 04:38 PM

Joel, your work is beautiful.  This is the first piece of yours I have seen and I must say I look forward to seeing more of your work.

This is a wonderful piece that creatively expresses your loneliness.

Awesome work.

~* Megs *~

I was never one to patiently pick up broken fragments and glue them together again and tell myself that the mended whole was as good as new. What is broken is broken- and I'd rather remember it as it was at its best than mend it and see the broken places as long as I lived.

-- Margaret Mitchell

Isis
Member Ascendant
since 1999-09-06
Posts 6296
Sunny Queensland
16 posted 2000-05-23 07:41 PM

My online Dad, I will never believe you are going nowhere!!  Emotionally and spiritually you have the world at your feet.  Another will come to love all that makes you.  Your white Dove wants her religion more, but alas religion alone isn't enough in love, God wants us to have a mate no matter the religion.
You will find a lady wolf who sees the world through eyes similar to yours.
*hugs*  so sorry you are feeling so down, but on the upside it sure makes some good poetry!!  Love my dad,
Isis

I'll tell you this...... No eternal reward will forgive us now for wasting the dawn.....
~Isis~
(Goddess - Sovereign of the Spirit)

Joel the wolf
since 2000-04-06
Posts 1333
Angels Camp
17 posted 2000-05-23 08:32 PM

Plug I can't wait for your Wolf poem. haha
and Thanks.

Walter you see a lot. My breath is caught in a timeless howl Waiting for my white dove.

Starr, I'm glad your moved. that's most of the point is to let the world know what's happening, with us.

Night Chaca, Really this is the first??
Lonliness yes now, not always.
Got out of a 20 year marrage two and a half years ago. The last five were hell. Thanks for your responce.

Isis, your heart is wilcome here, But when I look into a mirror all I see is her, I have given every thing, I really do feel asthough
I can't breath without her in my heart,
When you know this is the one, then this is it. I know the difference. Thanks kid. all my love.

Lone Wolf
Member Ascendant
since 2000-03-16
Posts 5842
Lansing, MI USA
18 posted 2000-05-23 09:43 PM

Joel,
Excellent writing, my wolf brother!!!  I love the imagery.....stunning to say the least.  Keep up the good work!!!  
LW

This one's for you....hooooooowwwwwwwwllllll.

Friends are friend forever if the Lord's the Lord of them and a friend will not say never cause the welcome will not end.
--Michael W. Smith

Isis
Member Ascendant
since 1999-09-06
Posts 6296
Sunny Queensland
19 posted 2000-05-23 11:33 PM

Joel I do know hon believe me, we shall talk about it.
Isis

I'll tell you this...... No eternal reward will forgive us now for wasting the dawn.....
~Isis~
(Goddess - Sovereign of the Spirit)

Joel the wolf
since 2000-04-06
Posts 1333
Angels Camp
20 posted 2000-05-24 12:58 PM

L.W. I'd love to howl in chorus with you,
And thank you so much for your words in spirit.

Isis Why do I get the feeling I'm not going to like what you say?, but I will take it to heart. I know you care.

Joel.

sgreybe
since 2000-04-28
Posts 209
London, UK
21 posted 2000-05-24 04:32 AM

Dear Joel

This is so touching, so heart-wrenching that I am glad I only have to type this reply and not say it, for I do not know if I would be able to get the words out.

Your pain is so evident, all I can say is I am here my friend.  
Bless you

Sylvia

JamesMichael
Member Empyrean
since 1999-11-16
Posts 33336
Kapolei, Hawaii, USA
22 posted 2000-05-24 06:55 AM

This poem is very touching and if I understand your heart...and her heart...she wants to go on with her life...you don't want to let go of the love you shared with her.  If she must go on...you must go on.  If you release her and let her love again you will be free to love again.  It took me forever to accept and grasp this truth.  James
Joel the wolf
since 2000-04-06
Posts 1333
Angels Camp
23 posted 2000-05-24 09:14 AM

Sylvia, thank you. I know you are there.
It's like a wolf that's been shot, in the last breath he ask why, when he lived with nature and accord with all things, then all things are put aside, but the question remains "Why."

James, thank you for your insight, I surly need it now, but as you said
"It took me forever to accept and grasp this truth."
Well I still have a ways to go "Forever" Don't I.
Yes this wolf can be stubborn.

All in all I wouldn't have a trouble with all this if I hadn't known love from her, she gave it all, and I excepted as it was, with a child like innocence, I still believe it's there.
She has had several men walk out on her, And all that I see, was not her fault, They had no idea what she is capable of in love, she gives her all, and I had that for a short time, until she got frightened of a repeated cycle, I will not abandon her in a time of indecision, when she might need someone to count on, to hold to what they (me) said about being there, with a lasting love, she will have to beat me away with a club, and she hasn't done that. I believe she is still behind the castle walls whispering that she loves me, and I will wait.
Patiently.

Thanks all.

Joel.

Cyndol Claycamp
since 2000-05-17
Posts 12

24 posted 2000-05-28 03:44 PM

Joel

Hi. This is Cyndol. Just wanted to say it was brilliant and that it had me feeling the pain.

mario22
since 2000-05-28
Posts 23

25 posted 2000-05-28 05:23 PM

Hey man,
  Just wanted you to know I really loved the wording of this poem, it just shows there are so many talented people in the world as yourself, hope to see more of your work soon
always
Mario22

Joel the wolf
since 2000-04-06
Posts 1333
Angels Camp
26 posted 2000-05-29 04:03 AM

Cyndol thanks yes there is pain.

Mario22, and a thank you also. My inspiration is my white Dove.

traveling heart
since 2000-05-27
Posts 26

27 posted 2000-05-29 05:58 AM

Joel,

Absolutely stunning work... (as my name indicates) my heart has been misused too much too... be patient with her. She will hopefully come to the realization that your love is the greatest she has ever known. I am beginning to see that for myself finally...
I believe that a loving friend may be developing into something more lasting and that is the best feeling in the world... I wish time and patience and healing for both of you, and I offer a listening ear...

Thanks for your fine welcome to me too... kiddo.

Jeffyf
since 2000-05-28
Posts 49
Muncie, IN
28 posted 2000-05-30 10:32 AM

Joel, wonderful work.  Having been a member for only a few days, this is your first piece I have had the pleasure of reading.  The expression of pain is so real, and the outpouring of sorrow I feel.  We all walk alone from time to time, but not forever.  Just wait and you will once again have a white dove.

Jeff

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Dark Poetry #1 » Grasping Shadows

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary