navwin » Archives » Dark Poetry #1 » Blind am I
Dark Poetry #1
Post A Reply Post New Topic Blind am I Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
LadySofia
since 2000-05-16
Posts 238
FL., USA

0 posted 2000-05-18 10:19 AM

Blind am I

Over a black gorge I fall,
A hundred miles or so,
Passing by my life,
Heart stopping as I go.

Don't let me die I scream,
But no one slows me down,
My pleas hit my throat like brick,
Torn apart like my gown.

Coming close to the end,
This thing of my demise,
Once I strike the rocks below,
Forever unseeing are my eyes.

^_^ Amanda Piatt aka LadySofia

"To the innocent and ancient ones, the sparks which light our fires." Amanda Piatt

© Copyright 2000 Amanda Piatt - All Rights Reserved
LadySofia
since 2000-05-16
Posts 238
FL., USA
1 posted 2000-05-18 12:18 PM

This poem I wrote many years ago. It is about me, of course, when I looked back on my life and saw myself falling from grace (i.e., the gown). I scream for help, but no one hears me, for it was a cry to my inner self. The rocks represent obstacles, pain, inner turmoil, rushing at me all at once. I'm not really considering suicide or such...

^_^ LadySofia

"To the innocent and ancient ones, the sparks which light our fires." Amanda Piatt

Swåmp¤Faerÿie
since 2000-03-29
Posts 358
Illinois
2 posted 2000-05-18 02:55 PM

Lady Sofia i beleive this is a masterpeice =] Very wonderful words,they flow and ripple so well =] great work!! Oh and btw welcome to passions =] looking forward to more from you!!

swamp

And there she weaves by night and day,
a magic web of colours gay.~Tennyson

Cyndey
since 2000-05-18
Posts 84
Arkansas
3 posted 2000-05-18 03:02 PM

Oh my... I do believe I've felt that way before! I love the wonderful imagery!
Cyndey

Isis
Member Ascendant
since 1999-09-06
Posts 6296
Sunny Queensland
4 posted 2000-05-18 06:36 PM

Wonderful imagery here hon, for an oldy you write well.  Must have been for a while huh?
Great work  

I'll tell you this...... No eternal reward will forgive us now for wasting the dawn.....
~Isis~
(Goddess - Sovereign of the Spirit)

LadySofia
since 2000-05-16
Posts 238
FL., USA
5 posted 2000-05-20 03:53 AM

Oh my, I'm not that old   I'm female, so my age is irrelevent teehe   Thank you for being so open-minded to my poems, all of you, for my style is thought-provoking, literally. I use alot of metaphors and analogies in my flow. Sometimes what is said isn't actually what is thought.

^_^ LadySofia

Joel the wolf
since 2000-04-06
Posts 1333
Angels Camp
6 posted 2000-05-20 06:46 PM

I enjoyed the way this poem was put together.
It seems to come from ?? hidden fears.??
anyway great poem kid. haha

Joel.

I howl a mournful song, that echos within my chambered heart, for all to read? nay for all to feel.

LadySofia
since 2000-05-16
Posts 238
FL., USA
7 posted 2000-05-21 06:30 AM

No, not really the hidden ones, Joel. Just the ones which had accumulated. I wrote it when I was 11. To think this way as a child is a wonder in itself. My parents were going through a tough divorce; my mother had become disabled; they were going bankrupt as well. I was blaming myself, and the turmoil was steadily increasing. To be honest, I suppose you could call me a kid for laughs  , but I'm legally of age  . I consider it "many years ago" not only because my way of thinking has changed, but it was ten years ago!

^_^ Amanda

That time of year thou mayst in me behold, When yellow leaves, or none, or few, do hang, Upon those boughs which shake against the cold, Bare ruined choirs where late the sweet birds sang. In me thou see'st the twilight of such day, As after sunset fadeth in the west, Which by-and-by black night doth take away, Death's second self that seals up all in rest. In me thou see'st the glowing of such fire, That on the ashes of his youth doth lie, As the deathbed whereon it must expire, Consumed with that which it was nourished by. This thou perciev'st, which makes thy love more strong, To love that well which thou must leave ere long.
William Shakespeare

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Dark Poetry #1 » Blind am I

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary