navwin » Archives » Dark Poetry #1 » belonging
Dark Poetry #1
Post A Reply Post New Topic belonging Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Maya the Brokenhearted
since 2000-02-13
Posts 66

0 posted 2000-05-11 02:40 PM

it's not enough anymore
to tell me that you love me
my wounded heart is so far
beyond healing, or help, or even you

you can't rub salve on my scars
or wipe away the tears
anymore

I see you standing there
with your hand raised futilely
in a gesture of kindness
and I turn away
afraid you'll see a truth
you cannot live with
afraid you'll see the hopelessness
that I've tried to hide for so long

my heart closed, dim and dark,
with my smiles
(that once came so freely)
hidden in the shadows of life
and fear and duty

jerking myself roughly back to reality
I remember where I am
and who I belong to
and the sense of hopelessness
grows stronger and more forceful
with each passing second

but I hide away my frozen heart
to somehow manage another day
with a smile that never reaches my eyes
and a heart that never feels

© Copyright 2000 Maya the Brokenhearted - All Rights Reserved
patricianne
since 2000-05-04
Posts 66

1 posted 2000-05-11 03:11 PM

What a classic description of depression, you seem to know it too well. What a way with words!!
Dark Enchantress
since 1999-07-27
Posts 1258
meet Morgana
2 posted 2000-05-12 03:30 PM

Excellent poem Maya...very well written and expressed. I know you hate hearing this (or at least I know I do...) but it may seem hopeless now but if you keep hanging in there and do some pushing of your own...this will change. Of course that all takes time and effort....I'm not saying a complete transformation...I'm just saying that it'll get better in one way or another. But anyway...great poem.  

"A man's fate is a man's fate and life is but an illusion." -Shogun

~*Angel of Darkness*~

Joel the wolf
since 2000-04-06
Posts 1333
Angels Camp
3 posted 2000-05-13 04:20 PM

Maya, You have described me two years ago,
I had taken my heart and froze it, buried it under a tomb, with piles of rocks to keep it down. I had become unfeeling and I felt safe. It would never hurt again, I made sure of it. But I tell you girl, with one kiss it was melted, with one kiss it dug
it's way out from the tomb like a damn mummy, with dust as a shroud.
and said "huh?" what was that?? "life"
My white dove did this to me. yours will come. and you will know life again.

I howl a mournful song, that echos within my chambered heart, for all to read? nay for all to feel.

honey007luv
since 2000-05-09
Posts 7

4 posted 2000-05-13 05:41 PM

you know it's kind of sad that so many people can relate to how you feel.  but you had a nice way of expressing yourself and others that might not know how...good job!
Isis
Member Ascendant
since 1999-09-06
Posts 6296
Sunny Queensland
5 posted 2000-05-14 09:51 PM

Hon so sad you feel this way.  Don't hide your heart from the world, perhaps just from the one who caused this pain.  If you build walls or hide your heart, other's may not want to take the time to break them down and you will miss out of the joy of love and life, loving.....
*hugs*

At last I have heard the song of enlightenment.... In your heart you can hear it now, if you listen....
It is the song your spirit has been singing since the moment of your birth. All lasting victories are won in the heart....
~Isis~
(Goddess - Sovereign of the Spirit)

sgreybe
since 2000-04-28
Posts 209
London, UK
6 posted 2000-05-15 09:14 AM

Maya

Such heart-breaking, heart-wrenching stuff this.  I can so relate it's uncanny.  I know in depression one does feel as if one could never be happy again, and one has to look up to see the bottom of the pit one is in.  It can then be tempting to decide to rather never feel again.  Sort of safe, as Joel says.  But I'm telling you now that this is not the better way.  You need to feel all things.  But we are here for you, and leave you with HUGS - lots of them!

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Dark Poetry #1 » belonging

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary