navwin » Archives » Dark Poetry #1 » The Look
Dark Poetry #1
Post A Reply Post New Topic The Look Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Lone Wolf
Member Ascendant
since 2000-03-16
Posts 5842
Lansing, MI USA

0 posted 2000-04-24 06:33 PM

Someday maybe you'll be able
To look me in the eye again
How I long for you to look at me
Like you did so many years ago

You would stare at me for hours
Sometimes saying nothing at all
If I happened to catch your gaze
You'd break into a smile and wave

There would be a twinkle in your eye
That look would radiate warmth and love
I felt no harm could ever come to me
As long as I was in your arms

How could I have known that some day
That look would turn to hatred
And those arms that comforted me
Would bring me pain and fear

Even though things are better now
And the abuse has stopped
There are still times when I
See a flash of hatred and my heart pounds

I think the anger you have inside
Is enormous and it frightens me
Maybe some day you can learn
To tame the demon that dwells inside

Friends are friend forever if the Lord's the Lord of them and a friend will not say never cause the welcome will not end.
--Michael W. Smith

© Copyright 2000 Jennifer L. Garcia - All Rights Reserved
Joel the wolf
since 2000-04-06
Posts 1333
Angels Camp
1 posted 2000-04-24 09:05 PM

It is a freighting thing to face someone's demon, when they have no control of it, I have tried to tame mine all my life it is a life time struggle. I have taught self defense for over 30 years and it still pains me when I have seen abuse to another person
Take care of you.
Joel.

I howl a mornful song, that echos within my chambered heart, for all to read? nay for all to feel.

tracie66
Member Elite
since 2000-01-18
Posts 4713
Australia
2 posted 2000-04-25 02:13 AM

This was sad and I feel for you   hope you are away from this and not still being hurt. It's painful when a love turns to hate but when it turns into physical abuse as well would be so traumatic.
Hugs
Tracie~

Keep all the windows of your mind open
Anne Rooks

JamesMichael
Member Empyrean
since 1999-11-16
Posts 33336
Kapolei, Hawaii, USA
3 posted 2000-04-25 05:55 PM

Enjoyed reading this...change will come when he can see his anger and understand how his anger is hurting those that love him.  I hope his eyes will be opened and he will hate the person he sees.    James
Lone Wolf
Member Ascendant
since 2000-03-16
Posts 5842
Lansing, MI USA
4 posted 2000-04-25 10:50 PM

Joel....yes it is frightening to see.  Hard to be the receiver, but I am probably not all blameless in this.  Wow.....self defense for 30 years??  Good going!!!  Thank you for the kind words.

Tracie....It has been over for sometime now and no I am not being hurt still.  Just had to let it out I guess.  Thanks for the hugs!!

James....Glad you enjoyed it.  Thank you for the reply.  But, it is too late.  He sees, but I think too much has happened to ever go back.  Sorry it had to be this way though.

Friends are friend forever if the Lord's the Lord of them and a friend will not say never cause the welcome will not end.
--Michael W. Smith

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Dark Poetry #1 » The Look

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary