navwin » Archives » Dark Poetry #1 » Betrayal
Dark Poetry #1
Post A Reply Post New Topic Betrayal Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Aimster
Member Elite
since 2000-02-19
Posts 4297
Charlotte, NC

0 posted 2000-02-27 04:12 PM

~This is my first poem written in Dark Passions. I would appreciate any feedback please. Thanks!  

Betrayal
By: Amy M. Kennedy

You said that you cared, you said that you loved me
But your words are like a poison that threatens to take my very life
Your words are nothing but empty lies
The darkness surrounds me once again, as I scream out in pain
Why can't you just leave me alone, don't you know you've won
But you just keep hurting me over again and again
Your words were so cruel, your intentions even more so
As I sit here with tears running down my face
I try to make sense of it all, but the knife is too far into my heart
I tell myself that it was my fault, I shouldn't have believed you
I found myself falling deeper and deeper into the web of lies you created
You say that she meant nothing, it was only a joke, but I saw it with my own eyes
The truth can be ugly, in the light of the day
But now that I know, I will never again fall for your empty lies
You said that you cared, said that you loved me
But it was all in vain

~Live today as though it were your last but prepare for tomorrow as though it were here~

© Copyright 2000 Amy Kennedy - All Rights Reserved
Janet Marie
Member Laureate
since 2000-01-22
Posts 18554

1 posted 2000-02-27 05:01 PM

AMY-GIRL is HERE ...way cool..

well, welcome to DP..our home away from home...Im SO glad you've joined us here...
and Im blushing now, from all your sweet replies to my work...your gonna spoil me...
(smile)...
I JUST KNEW you'd have some "darkness" to contribute... this is great...a very emotion filled expression. Wasted love, is the worst feeling...he didnt deserve you...
give us more...
take care... janet marie

...there are places inside all our souls...
that have never been touched...
there are places inside our hearts...
that need to be loved this much...
Janet Marie

*I miss you baby...
I love you, always.*

Isis
Member Ascendant
since 1999-09-06
Posts 6296
Sunny Queensland
2 posted 2000-02-27 06:07 PM

Welcome to the dark forum!!  This was a wonderful poem, you are showing your strength and wisdom here.  You go girl!!  And as JanetMarie said, sounds like he didn't deserve you anyways...    

May the world hug you today,
With it's warmth and love.
I pray it whispers a joyful tune in your heart,
That tell you there is a friend sitting in another corner of the world,
Wishing you well and
wishing you love......
~Isis~
(Goddess - Sovereign of the Spirit)

Aimster
Member Elite
since 2000-02-19
Posts 4297
Charlotte, NC
3 posted 2000-02-28 01:07 AM

~Phew! I took a chance on this one..wasn't sure whether or not to post this or not...glad it paid off. Thanks to the both of you for you kind words...

Jan, you are so very welcome for the comments i've made to your work...they are only what i truly feel. you're awesome. thanks so much for making me feel welcomed!  

Isis, Thanks girl...your words meant a lot to me...i have strength and wisdom? just kidding. thanks, amy  

~Live today as though it were your last but prepare for tomorrow as though it were here~

paulsm
since 2000-02-26
Posts 48

4 posted 2000-02-28 05:26 AM

Amy,

You took my breath away, I loved the feeling and expression of this piece!

Paulsm

Slow Down, stop to smell the roses and stroll through the garden of life, it will be a more pleasurable experience.

devinmaria
since 2000-02-14
Posts 130
Middletown, Ohio
5 posted 2000-02-29 10:59 AM

having felt the same way as this poem expresses, i have two words for ya, "love bites". SOMETIMES!!  been there, done that, and i think ive come to a point where i dont have to dwell on it.  its a good point.  the only way to look at a situation such as this one, is to think to yourself that you deserve so much better.  and even though i dont know you, i know you deserve much better than that because everyone does.  thanks for sharing.

aimee

Trust I seek and I find in you. Everyday for us something new. Open mind for a different view, and nothing else matters. --Metallica

JamesMichael
Member Empyrean
since 1999-11-16
Posts 33336
Kapolei, Hawaii, USA
6 posted 2000-03-01 08:16 AM

People that are of that nature (selfish and uncaring) seem to want someone in their lives they can hurt.  The smart ones leave before the hurting begins, the other ones (like me) are foolish enough to fall in love and stick around and for their reward they are hurt again and again.  You see these users and abusers can only hurt the ones who stick around for the hurt, the pain, and the abuse.   James
Michael
Member Rara Avis
since 1999-08-13
Posts 7666
California
7 posted 2000-03-01 11:45 AM

"The truth can be ugly, in the light of the day"  

Well it doesn't get said much clearer than that.  This one hits the nail on the head for sure.  Fits beautifully her in Dark too.  You are most welcome here, Amy.

Michael

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Dark Poetry #1 » Betrayal

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary