navwin » Archives » Dark Poetry #1 » Liberation
Dark Poetry #1
Post A Reply Post New Topic Liberation Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
moebius
since 2000-02-16
Posts 11

0 posted 2000-02-16 08:31 AM

Bright but bleak
This coldness surrounds me
I cannot breathe
I try to fight back
But slowly it besieges me
Imprisoning me in darkness
From this new chamber
My senses are abated
And I am left to dream

Well that's my first ever submission and my discovery of this forum could not have been better timed, as I am losing the ability to evaluate my own work.

It is a relief to find others out there like me and though I haven't commented on many yet (I'm supposed to be working) I have read some great poems and hope to live up to these high standards.

© Copyright 2000 moebius - All Rights Reserved
devinmaria
since 2000-02-14
Posts 130
Middletown, Ohio
1 posted 2000-02-16 11:47 AM

i like this because i can relate it to feelings ive had many times an di think i am feeling right now.  feeling so trapped.  and i dream of a time when it wont be this way.  well said!!

Trust I seek and I find in you. Everyday for us something new. Open mind for a different view, and nothing else matters. --Metallica

ill_tactics
since 2000-02-11
Posts 149

2 posted 2000-02-16 01:15 PM

And I am left to Dream...

I'm always dreaming, trying to escape my cruel reality, but though my dreams seem somewhat like the beginning of your poem.  And so my reality, exactly like the beginning of my poem still haunts me.  But this is good work, believe me, you lived up to "those" standards.  Much love, One love, PEACE

Janet Marie
Member Laureate
since 2000-01-22
Posts 18554

3 posted 2000-02-16 03:23 PM

moebius,
Hello and welcome to Passions!! Nice to meet you...I related to what you said here, about evaluating your own work, I think many of us are the same way...we are to "close" to our work, and sometimes too critical of our own words to be a good judge...thats why this place is such a gift...your poem is very good...it has lots of imagery and poetic words for how few lines it has, and makes its statment and has impact. I like the use of the word abate. Look forward to more of your work.take care janet marie

"...we were born before the wind...also younger than the sun...
and my heart you have won...as we sailed into the mystic...
I just want to rock your gypsy soul-
just like in the days of old...
and together we will float-into the mystic...
Van Morrison

Isis
Member Ascendant
since 1999-09-06
Posts 6296
Sunny Queensland
4 posted 2000-02-16 08:46 PM

Welcome Moebius to the dark forum.  Yes Passions is a wonder, we can receive so much from these hallowed halls.  New friends, advice, sympathetic ears, a means to vent, a means to learn and better ourselves not only poetically but as people.  You've come to the right place.  Hope you enjoy your stay with our family of friends.

I too could relate to this poem.  Great imagery, a lot said in some ways.  Well done  

At night the moon became a face,
I met the spirit of life,
the spirit of love and music. And I am better for it.
~Isis~
(Goddess - Sovereign of the Spirit)

danni
since 1999-11-20
Posts 688
wisconsin
5 posted 2000-02-17 01:53 AM

i also welcome you and could relate to this piece. i think it was a great first submission. and i look forward to more of your work.
moebius
since 2000-02-16
Posts 11

6 posted 2000-02-17 03:27 AM

I just want to thank you all for you're kind words. It has boosted my confidence in my own work, and I may even risk posting another poem.  

Jannel
since 2000-01-18
Posts 492
Muncie, IN, USA
7 posted 2000-02-17 05:41 PM

I really liked your use of the word "besieged" as well as your stlye. Great final words.
jannel

"I'm just saying
that we've mistaken one
for thousands of words,
and for that mistake
I've caused you such pain
that I damn that word."
-10000 Maniacs "Jezebel"

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Dark Poetry #1 » Liberation

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary