navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #32 » You Know
Open Poetry #32
Post A Reply Post New Topic You Know Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
ParisGrl
since 2000-06-01
Posts 610

0 posted 2004-05-26 10:13 AM

You know just how I feel about you......I know that you do.  You told me so yesterday in not so many words.

I came to were you work to return a play that you let me borrow.....let me tell you something when i'm near you, I feel no sorrow.

I didn't see anyone at first, so I turned around to leave but then I hear a door open and you are walking directly towards me....I hold out my hand to give you your play.........

What you said next floored me, I was so shocked.  I'm sure the expression on my face was priceless.  

"Goodness Graciousness." you said, "I think I've seen more of you this week than I ever have."  I'm shocked.....I can't think of any words to say...but then I don't want to run away.  

"Now that you found out where I work it seems like you're up here all the time."  I feel color drain from my face......my heart is pounding, hands sweating, voice faltering.

You abruptly change the subject but you let me know that you know that my feelings for you continually grow.

© Copyright 2004 ParisGrl - All Rights Reserved
Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #32 » You Know

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary