navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #31 » Days of Darkness
Open Poetry #31
Post A Reply Post New Topic Days of Darkness Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Goldenrose
Member Elite
since 2003-05-30
Posts 3665

0 posted 2004-03-02 11:23 AM

Days Of Darkness

Laying listening to calming music, emptiness is within me.
Now i fully realise that i am nothing without her and darkness descends into me like midnight across the world, like a shadow in the moonlight.

Nothing rouses me from the ever darkening blackness of my mind.
I retreat to my book and solitude, ah solitude, something i am more keenly aware of than most, it stalks me like the Reaper on a stormy night.

Alone without soulmate or anyone, my life now resigned to the ultimate fate.
How we would have been, how we could have been, but the waters of time have rushed down stream and are disappearing into the distant horizon.

What grace, what mirth, what consumate love and happiness we could have had.
The miracle would have been a dream come true,a dream filled with kind realism, not superficial crudety, a dream filled with the kindest of love and all encompassing passion.

Only in my death will this love die.
Afterwards the world will still be the same,but my spirit and the deepest love held in my life, will be breathed in by others, who will love with my fervour.

My body screams, it cries angusihed gutteral utterances.
Life force drains from me, i have nothing now, the darkness draws near and is ready to devour.

Where once i had a heart filled with love, red and bold, now it is white and without blood.
My breathing is shallow, the air is stale.

Where once i strode with confidence only love can give, now i shuffle with the style of one unacostomed to confidence.
To a shadow of my former self i now do pale.

Never will i love like that again. The brand burns deep and the scar will be indelibly marked into my very heart, my very soul, my very being.

Lonely nights of restlessness are now what i expect.
Dark doleful days with no mercy will be what i am seing.

''Each soul is potentialy divine..the goal is to manifest that divinity''

© Copyright 2004 P.D - All Rights Reserved
LeeJ
Member Patricius
since 2003-06-19
Posts 13296

1 posted 2004-03-02 11:48 AM

a bittersweet melody, written with true heart and feeling, but cheer up for there is great purpose in every second of your life.  We as humans simply protest to those things we cannot have...but surely if we had been given them, perhaps we wouldn't have complemented them at that time????  I dunno? Just my thoughts
A Romantic Heart
Member Ascendant
since 1999-09-03
Posts 5496
Forever In Your Heart
2 posted 2004-03-02 11:54 AM

Cheer up, a new love will soon be coming your way~ just throw some of that love poetry out there and see how many fish you get~LOL

I do wish you well with a new love and happiness....

forever your friend~

~ARH

Open your eyes, open your mind, open your heart, let me come in and show you love.....~ARH

iliana
Member Patricius
since 2003-12-05
Posts 13434
USA
3 posted 2004-03-02 12:52 PM

Phil, this was very moving.  Well said of a broken heart; love is like that when it touches the core of our being.  I wish you sunshine.
passing shadows
Member Empyrean
since 1999-08-26
Posts 45577
displaced
4 posted 2004-03-02 12:54 PM

my heart aches for you...one day this shall pass and light will shine again
Nightshade
Deputy Moderator 5 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Patricius
since 2001-08-31
Posts 13962
just out of reach
5 posted 2004-03-02 01:31 PM

This too shall pass.
Out of the darkness always comes light.
Well done. hugs, Chris

"At one glance
I love you
With a thousand hearts."

— Mihri Hatun, Turkish poet

nakdthoughts
Member Laureate
since 2000-10-29
Posts 19200
Between the Lines
6 posted 2004-03-02 01:56 PM

well written Phil...I know how this feels and can give you no suggestions on how to overcome those feelings, as I  deal with them on and off and wonder when they will end, myself.

M

Greeneyes
Deputy Moderator 50 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Rara Avis
since 2000-09-09
Posts 9903
In Your Poetic Mind
7 posted 2004-03-02 02:08 PM

you bleed the ache...I know too well the feel of this....heart hugsss...and hoping you find some peace....

~~**~~
There are moments when speech
is but a mouth pressed lightly and
humbly against the angel's hands.

Marge Tindal
Deputy Moderator 5 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Empyrean
since 1999-11-06
Posts 42384
Florida's Foreverly Shores
8 posted 2004-03-02 03:34 PM

GoldenRose~
Deeply emoted penning~

There will come great light again,
just when you expect it least ...~
*Huglets*:hugs*
~*Marge*~

~*When the heart grieves over what it has lost,
the spirit rejoices over what it has left.
- Sufi epigram <))><

noles1@totcon.com

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #31 » Days of Darkness

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary