navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #7 » I loved you both
Teen Poetry #7
Post A Reply Post New Topic I loved you both Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
angel_2401
since 2001-06-12
Posts 131
Cincinnati, OH

0 posted 2006-08-14 02:52 PM

First off, let me just say that it's been a long long time since I posted here. I'm not quite a teen anymore, but I was when I first posted and wanted to leave a poem behind on this forum before I move on. I know that many of the readers aren't the ones I remember long ago, but I still would love to post and see responses.

When I told you I would, I loved you
When I bought the wedding dress, I loved you
When we planned our wedding together, I loved you

When I met first met him, I loved you
When he first told me he loved me, I loved you both
When he told me he had to get away, I loved you both

When I went to see him, I loved you both
When I spent time with him, I loved you both
When I had to leave him, I loved him

When I had to tell you goodbye, I loved him
When I had to leave my life behind, I loved him
When I wake up every morning now, I love him

The story behind this is actually kinda simple, after my long engagement to my boyfriend at the time, I met someone else and well, you can figure out the rest. I ended up moving to Ohio to be with this person

© Copyright 2006 Kristin Perry - All Rights Reserved
droppinginsideout
since 2006-08-04
Posts 54
TENN
1 posted 2006-08-15 02:12 AM

no need to improve this one.  I liked it and understand it completely. i havent been throguh that ever, but i felt your feelings through the simple writing. Im new here but.....  WELCOME BACK!

~Jamison~    "feeling sorrow for all the things u had to steal and borrow, bring back the dates we had b4 tomorrow"-red jumpsuit apparatus

stargal
since 2006-03-06
Posts 1352
OR USA
2 posted 2006-08-16 06:26 PM

Hey angel_2401,

I also would like to welcome you back to piptalk! I'm glad you decided to come back...

This poem I found to be very delightful because it expresses the emotions very well. It doesn't waste words with meaningless fluff and in not wasting the words it carrys a powerful punch behind the few lines. Which is one of my favorite things to see in poems...

Thanks for sharing, I hope you'll come back in the near future to post again

"I pray thee, O God, that I
may be beautiful within."
–Socrates
                     @-->---

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #7 » I loved you both

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary