navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #7 » Equal exchange- treat me the same, please
Teen Poetry #7
Post A Reply Post New Topic Equal exchange- treat me the same, please Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
aliway
since 2006-03-05
Posts 185
With in your eyes

0 posted 2006-05-03 10:38 PM

You give life and some one dies
You become happy and some one becomes sad
That is equal exchange it happens every day
We’re better at things and worse at others

I’m gifted in art and creative stuff
And I’m cursed to be bad at reading and writing
So if you think I don’t chare about my poems
You wrong I do, I just can’t spell any better

But I’m getting better at art and reading and writing
So what is my equal exchange it’s a broken family  
My gift is blooming my first curse is dissipating
But in exchange is a family that’s disintegrating  

My isn’t something I like to talk about to others
Because it’s something I’m made fun of you see
So don’t look at me different for now you know
I’m the same person you know be for all of this  
For this is my equal exchange

>the stuff about me is true in this poem,not that my other poems are not true (just if you where wondering)

*leah

[This message has been edited by aliway (05-04-2006 12:55 AM).]

© Copyright 2006 Leah S. - All Rights Reserved
stargal
since 2006-03-06
Posts 1352
OR USA
1 posted 2006-05-04 01:17 AM

Hey Aliway,

I'm not sure what to tell you, i'm sorry about the bad things happening in your life, but i don't think that means much to you that i'm sorry, cause i'm just a stranger saying sorry...

The only thing i can really say is just hang in there, i know things our bad now, and i'm not going to tell you their going to get better all at once, but they will get better, it just takes time...

Just remember though, if you ever need someone to listen, i'm here, all of pip is here, we won't shut you out in the dark

@-->---

curiouse
since 2006-03-21
Posts 277
england
2 posted 2006-05-04 07:04 AM

no no we won't shut you out. and you are one of the nicest coolest people i have ever met and good things come to those who wait right?...i am sorry about everything but like stargal said hang in there..it will be o.k...the test is to see if we can cope with ups and downs in life i know you can..great poem,
smiles for me..lol,
seeya,
curiouse

i'm looking for you...always...

bekahlekah45
since 2006-03-14
Posts 533

3 posted 2006-05-04 07:22 AM

everything is okay in the end...if its not okay, its not the end.     

aliway
since 2006-03-05
Posts 185
With in your eyes
4 posted 2006-05-04 11:07 PM

Thank you for what you all of the nice words, they really mean a lot. I’m sorry if I scared you, I really didn’t mean to. The poem or idea came to me just out of the blue, and I thought I tell you all of my other problems, why not tell you the one I face every day of my life. So I’m really sorry for scaring you.  

I wish at the end of it, I would have put
“For this is my equal exchange that I wouldn’t change even if I had a chance,”

When writing this poem it really had me think of all the good things in my life. I hope it made you think of them too. I hate that we look at the bad things in are life more then the good, and even the good stuff we look to the bad in it.

I might be a bad reader and speller but I would never change it if it means giving up my art.  For my family it has put me through a lot but it has helped me grow and gave me a whole new family to get to now.

I believe that you have the same amount of Bad in your life as you do Good. For you can’t live a life of only good with out the bad or a life surrounded in darkness with out hope to light your way.      

*Leah… this is really long, lol

even in the worst of it I still have hope and in the best I hold on and let go when its time.  

[This message has been edited by aliway (05-04-2006 11:57 PM).]

Kaos
since 2001-08-02
Posts 317
between space and time
5 posted 2006-05-12 11:38 AM

very heartfelt piece... our art is our escape from the things that bring us down i think... it's our coping ability when we have no way to cope with hard times. And i know for me personally... it's the only way i talk about certain things... but in a cliche bit of advice, everything does get better with patience and friends or someone clost to lean on when it's impossible to stand alone. Beautiful piece again.

Life is a torment and torment an enigma. So burn the shackles of slavery and let love run free
-partially from " Slave of Love" by:  Me.  (posted in

aliway
since 2006-03-05
Posts 185
With in your eyes
6 posted 2006-05-17 04:35 PM

Thank you for the reply Kaos
that means a lot to me

*leah

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #7 » Equal exchange- treat me the same, please

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary