navwin » Archives » Dark Poetry #4 » Dear You
Dark Poetry #4
Post A Reply Post New Topic Dear You Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
NormalitxButterfly
since 2008-07-09
Posts 107

0 posted 2008-08-31 11:00 PM

Dear you,

I have written you so many letters that you will probably never read. The words on paper never seem to come out right. A letter for you I wrote today, I wrote it in my head but when it came to write it down I couldn't quite remember what it said. You probably think i've just forgotten you but I hope its not the truth. I hope you known that am and always will be here for you. I don't know if you'll read this or if you will reply I just wanted to say I love you

always,

Butterfly

© Copyright 2008 Olivia - All Rights Reserved
racer-boy
since 2008-08-31
Posts 9
united states, tx
1 posted 2008-09-02 02:00 PM

live now

fractal007
since 2000-06-01
Posts 1958

2 posted 2008-09-02 10:36 PM

This poem sounds like an expression of the kind of problem I often have when my muse strikes.  The muse is great but when it comes time to write down what the muse said (Sorry, sang is more correct) the words come out all wrong and the piece ends up lacking.

If you are addressing the reader then perhaps this poem is a kind of betrayal of your reason behind writing -- that you do it for others?  On the other hand, however, a lot of what you write seems to come more from the heart and to express your personal dissatisfaction with some authority figure or another.  If it's to another person perhaps it's something completely different.

Life's short.  Think hard!
Me!

NormalitxButterfly
since 2008-07-09
Posts 107

3 posted 2008-09-06 11:12 PM

im not really good at writing letters. poems are easier for me cause usually thats how my mind twines. like i when i write letters they seem to either be really confusing or lacking. idk. this is sort of a letter/poem.

I leave to walk ahead, only to be lost
Even though I cannot see the end, I think it's alright
I will leave on a journey at range, it's alright if i

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Dark Poetry #4 » Dear You

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary