navwin » Archives » Dark Poetry #4 » Me Insane
Dark Poetry #4
Post A Reply Post New Topic Me Insane Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
sgreybe
since 2000-04-28
Posts 209
London, UK

0 posted 2006-10-25 09:24 AM

ME INSANE:

As the time of life ticks by
The sands of my story trickle away
And the grating course refined
Cracks and scars left on display

Turning the weight in my mind
I see the reflection shimmer and fade
Myself as one leading the blind
My thoughts further astray

Formed and scarred by the arrows
Of others' piercing pain
Though without them never known:
Self or me insane.

Sylvia
25/10/2006

© Copyright 2006 Sylvia Greybe - All Rights Reserved
stargal
since 2006-03-06
Posts 1352
OR USA
1 posted 2006-10-30 03:59 PM

Hi sgreybe,

Not sure I understood this whole poem as how you probably were conveying it to the reader but I felt I needed to comment. The thoughts of the first and second stanza were something that I could imagine. The last stanza was difficult for me perhaps you could explain what you were trying to say? Something about that one stanza just throws the whole poem off for me, no offence.

Thanks for sharing!

"I will love the light for it shows me the way, yet I will endure the darkness for it shows me the stars." - Og Mandino            @-->---

sgreybe
since 2000-04-28
Posts 209
London, UK
2 posted 2006-11-03 04:35 PM

Yes, sure...  the third stanza refers back to the last line of the first - "cracks and scars left on display"...  

The first stanza is about as we get older the things that hurt us, shape us and form us for others to see.  Then the second stanza is about how these things weigh on our mind and soul and influence us subtley more and more each day.  How the 'me' in the mirror (that we used to see) starts to fade.  Then it becomes almost as if we are as lost as a (recently) blind person feeling their way along.  The third stanza is then a summary in a way: how we are influenced by what people do and say to us, but the last two lines indicate an irony or juxtaposition if you will: that we are perhaps negatively shaped by what people and circumstances have done to us; but what we have become is what we are, and without those circumstances we would not be ourself, we would not have that particular identity, we might not even know who we are: the very fine border between sane and insanity.

Does that help at all?

Gasken
since 2008-07-12
Posts 20
Cebu, Philippines
3 posted 2008-07-12 02:38 AM

Wonderful poem you made.. Keep writing poems..
Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Dark Poetry #4 » Me Insane

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary