navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #30 » malnourished mind
Open Poetry #30
Post A Reply Post New Topic malnourished mind Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Nahgied
since 2004-01-11
Posts 9

0 posted 2004-01-11 02:49 PM

I no longer worry bout how they perceive, or receive my heart on my sleeve; I believe that to achieve one must not be naive but rather turn over the truth leaves, retrieve what one used to believe, and stop the exterior that we've so regularly grieved.

My mind is twisted and works on many levels. on my shoulders, no angel, but instead there are two devils. It’s hard to remain truthful, in a world filled with demise. Shut my 'lids and open my third eye to the prize. It’s hard to survive or merely stay alive while they ask u to thrive in a commercial beehive.

I’m fed what to believe; be it money or greed, it still isn't me, so I turn away and quickly walk astray; leaving behind the lies they utter everyday. I walk the metaphorical path the leads to clarity, newfound prosperity, breaking away from austerity. Try to overlook the mind-tax and flash-backs, attempting to relax by immersing myself with facts,,, but it’s hard, cause’ I’ve seen the awful truth and now my mind remains scarred,,, fancy cars, movie stars, together leaving my soul charred.

I’ll never be the same for my mind can’t re restored. Images imbedded deep into my mind’s core. The sounds are illustrious, and the visuals industrious. Their sketched deep, like lovers names on a tree. So caught up in the memories I’ve forgotten what its like to be free. I’d like to go back to the days when I was young, high-strung, happy tunes was all I sung. I would re-live my days and cherish them to the fullest extent, who cares about the bills, or even paying the rent. With the knowledge I have now I would enjoy every minute, never quit, and never have to admit,,, that I have been bought and sold, my heart has grown cold, and will soon loose hold…on mankind, for tomorrow I will die from a malnourished-mind.

© Copyright 2004 Nahgied - All Rights Reserved
wordwizard
since 2003-09-08
Posts 483
on the way to next world
1 posted 2004-01-11 02:55 PM

Share some of your thoughts and drudge throught the present sometimes on account of them, but throwing the unprrodutive ones away is a good regular exercise...welcome to Passions

ecrivan

Seymour Tabin
Member Empyrean
since 1999-07-07
Posts 31720
Tamarac Fla
2 posted 2004-01-11 02:58 PM

Nahgied
Welcome and a very impressive start. I'll be looking for your posts.

Nahgied
since 2004-01-11
Posts 9

3 posted 2004-01-11 03:25 PM

thank you very much for the comments...i look forward to becoming a part of this forum.
ThisDiamond
Member Rara Avis
since 2002-02-22
Posts 9353
Michigan, USA
4 posted 2004-01-11 03:51 PM

Welcome...
Intense glimpse of your gift here...
Wonderful!
Will be enjoying your posts.
ThisDiamond

Mistletoe Angel
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 5 Tours
Member Empyrean
since 2000-12-17
Posts 32816
Portland, Oregon
5 posted 2004-01-12 11:06 AM

(sad sigh) Insanity is just flooding this world indeed, and I seriously believe it is poets and other artists alike who keep the world from bursting on spontaneous combustion! In minds, in hearts, in the White House, everywhere, there's havoc and I pray the world can tone down to a safe insanity level, this is a powerful debut, God Bless You! Welcome to Passions, sweet Nahgied, may you be inspired by all of us here as we will all be inspired by your lovely words! I can't wait to read more of your wonderful words, sweet friend, we all love you so much! You have such a beautiful heart, sweet Nahgied, thank you for sharing!

May love and light always shine upon you!

Love,
Noah Eaton

"You'll find something that's enough to keep you
But if the bright lights don't receive you
You should turn yourself around and come back home" MB20

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #30 » malnourished mind

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary