navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #30 » Red/Purple....Cuts And Bruises
Open Poetry #30
Post A Reply Post New Topic Red/Purple....Cuts And Bruises Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
ice
Member Elite
since 2003-05-17
Posts 3404
Pennsylvania

0 posted 2003-12-23 09:10 AM

Girl-child, budding growth, a stormy clime:
Fresh is the air of night
That you breath sometimes,
But something breaks your rest;
And you're to weak to resist
When out of the sea of the dark
Comes a breath, of foulest wind...
And there is no one to throw you a line.
Of innocence lost, is this song
I sing, of shaking fear
And the heavy weight
Of a cross you still bear;
And the crucifying ghost,
That endlessly taunts...
And still drives deep, its rusted nails,
Rips at your grown-woman flesh
As you drag it along,
Year, after year, after year.
Dark memories still shine bright;
A door opens wide
And cuts a streak of shallow light
Across a bedroom floor;
Causeing infection
Of a wound that wont heal...
No wonder your suitors
Now face rejection...
The shadow has left long ago
But the pain of the wound,
You still feel.
Now grown, but still tense
When a man with a love idea approaches,
And to avoid his warm intentions
You make up endless excuses;
Because your mind is still red/purple,
With deep cuts and bruises,
From the sharp nails and punches
Of childhood abuses.

© Copyright 2003 ford hume - All Rights Reserved
Kahlil
since 2003-04-12
Posts 1881

1 posted 2003-12-23 09:18 AM

You have done an excellent job of bringing this subject to light, and describing the torment with your words.  ~K~
Kahlil
since 2003-04-12
Posts 1881

2 posted 2003-12-23 09:19 AM

It isn't "pretty", but I came back to put it in my library.  ~K~
Susan Caldwell
Member Rara Avis
since 2002-12-27
Posts 8348
Florida
3 posted 2003-12-23 09:23 AM

Very well done...

"if you won't let me fall for you
then you won't see the best that I would love to do for you"
~Dido~

Aimster
Member Elite
since 2000-02-19
Posts 4297
Charlotte, NC
4 posted 2003-12-23 09:24 AM

you wrote this SO damn well...I'm speechless!
I've rarely read a poem so deep, so
powerful as this

"When life gives you sorrow, may you experience the spirit of laughter"

LeeJ
Member Patricius
since 2003-06-19
Posts 13296

5 posted 2003-12-23 09:27 AM

after living a life as such, she's got every right to hold out for what she wants, needs and desires...this was a good one...which proves that she's made it...she doesn't settle, nor simply accept because society teaches us we must be a couple to be successful. Shes taking her time...and there's nothing wrong with that...we always seem to try and make people feel odd, or wrong, simply b/c they don't think like we do or understand our happiness...

This was a great poem...very much enjoyed.  This lady seems to me, like she's very strong, wise and her independence is an attribute...also, she might not want to date anyone until the right man comes along...b/c she doesn't want to use anyone or hurt them, which is a good thing!  A self supporting, independent woman seems to intimidate most men...and...to boot...there are not a lot of single people out there who may be what she needs...this lady sounds like a very sound woman...who knows what she wants and is comfortable in her skin.  

Perfect example of how we should allow people to be who they are, and encourage them to be confident in their skin.  

Wonderful and brilliant write, very much enjoyed.  

ice
Member Elite
since 2003-05-17
Posts 3404
Pennsylvania
6 posted 2003-12-24 08:40 AM

Kahlil
Thank you for the nice comments, and also for coming back to file it in your library...I am flattered...:-)
Susan
Thank you....:-)
Aimister
Wow! what an encouraging comment, makes me want to write more...Thanks I needed the lift.....:-)
LeeJ
What deep thoughts this poem has seemed to instill in you......Love it when a reader mines the poem and finds more hidden nuggets ...:-)
Yes, she's got every right to hold out for what she wants"
The problem is that her history of evil sexual encounters as a child will not allow her to do that. My hope for her is that she will  someday rise above those demons....Therapy is helping her slay that sleeping dragon .
I am never intimidated by strong women, actually enjoy their strength and find it is more genuine than most I see in the masculine, boys don't cry, world.
"wonderful and brilliant write" Oh my! what a wonderful and comment....Thank you......:-)

Again, Thank you all for commenting.....:-)

Mistletoe Angel
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 5 Tours
Member Empyrean
since 2000-12-17
Posts 32816
Portland, Oregon
7 posted 2004-01-11 03:04 PM

(tears fall down my cheeks) I know ever so well how heartbreaking it is to see someone abused and how the cuts and bruises always seem to be with them as my cousin Teia was abused and she still is petrified by the abuse and I only pray by what Lee said in his comment that she may find the strength to accept the hand of one who wants her to be happy and will always be there for her and kiss her tears away! (wipes tears) God Bless You, sweet friend, I too was abused as a child from boys at school and I guess that is how I grew to become a feminine young man that has the ability to cry and am proud of it in this "masculine boys don't cry" world, as you too have that special feminine spark! (big hugggsssssss) You are a compassionate and strong friend, we all love you so much! You have such a beautiful heart, sweet Ford, thank you for sharing!

May love and light always shine upon you!

Love,
Noah Eaton

"You'll find something that's enough to keep you
But if the bright lights don't receive you
You should turn yourself around and come back home" MB20

angele
since 2004-01-09
Posts 35
Malta (tiny island in the Med)
8 posted 2004-01-11 06:27 PM

You gave me chills !(excuse the pun your user name !) but its true as i read i got a shiver up my spine...
beautiful write very powerful

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #30 » Red/Purple....Cuts And Bruises

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary